What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Road to the Finals

Horrie Is God

First Grade
RTS has made a few try savers this year, and he's a very gifted attacking player also.

He's just an exciting player to have in our team. Hopefully his skills are honed right, but he's a very promising young player.

He seems like a pretty cluey kid..i reckon he'd have learnt plenty out of tonight's game..

He did have the look of the deer in the headlights for most of the game..

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Samoa will feature in my 3, 2, 1's this week..

f**k he was strong..sure he played more minutes than normal..

Hopefully that's the last we've seen of Arona..he's ordinary..

Valheru

Coach
We were nothing short of abysmal tonight and the saving grace is we got the win. Best just to move on from this, I am sure robbo will tell them how it is

A lot of things went against us from the start last night. We actually lead by three converted tries at one stage and we should've finished them off but refs (especially refs), bad luck, dumb errors and Cord's injury conspired to to keep it a close game. I walked away from the SFS feeling pretty disappointed last night but when you consider the talent we had sitting on the sidelines and the expected bounce-back from Canberra, it's got me feeling better about it as these kind of games are good for us on the lead up to the semis. Plus we got the two points. RTS has some catching up to do in the FB role but the signs were there. Moa was epic and Jared put in his usual performance.

All eyes on Boyd now.

In Easts we trust

Last edited:

Monk

Referee
Big game against the Tigers, I'm confident that we'll be able to notch a win, but stranger things have happened..

Horrie Is God

First Grade
We nearly put 60 on them, & i was still not that impressed with how we played..

3,2,1's will be tough with JWH,$BW & Jake sitting out the 2nd half..

SaMoa was great again too..

Sheck is starting to find his mojo at the back..

And SKD was error free..:shock:

Langi looks a defensive liability, but seems to have a bit of attack in him..

BBQ & Pearce started to dominate when they straightened things up in the 2nd half..

Toups was great apart from his soft effort letting in the try at the end..

Morts is really making the most of his chances this year..deserved his 2 meat pies..

Maubs looked a lot better in the back row..his run in the first half was all class..glad he plays for us..

I'm still trying to work out how $BW scored that try..amazing stuff..

LOD is a certified lunatic..He got the rough end of it with the brouhaha with Galloway & Tigpies getting the penalty, but the Simona thing was going full genius..

Jenko did what Jenko does..sensational addition to the side..pure finisher..

Liu is improving every game he plays..Took up JWH's slack in the 2nd half without breaking a sweat..

JWH is a monster..

Jake is becoming an elite hooker..

We got the 2..Sharks next Monday..

Go Easts..

Monk

Referee
LOD is a certified lunatic..He got the rough end of it with the brouhaha with Galloway & Tigpies getting the penalty, but the Simona thing was going full genius..

:lol: Could not have said it better myself. What was he thinking? When I saw it happen I just laughed in disbelief.

Mr Chook

Juniors
I hope LOD cops a long suspension. The longer he is kept out of the 17 the better off we'll be.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lol fail.

He's been one of our best players in the second half of the season and is crucial to our finals campaign.

Too right Tommy, LOD has been awesome.

I know players were rested, the game wrapped up and Tigers had nothing to lose yada, yada but the defensive lapses toward the back end of the game worried me a bit. The ruthless reputation we have deservedly earned this year is slipping IMO. I know we can't always keep a team to nil but going into the semis with that aura of brick wall-like defence would be a handy psychological weapon. I hope it's a case of the team not putting everything into games they know they're gonna win and not trying to peak too early. Hopefully Robbo's timing their run perfectly. Anyway, agree with Horrie's wrap up although I think SKD had made an error – all be it, one. Wasn't he involved in the shepherd mix up with Sonny late in the first half?

Valheru

Coach
The ruthless reputation we have deservedly earned this year is slipping IMO. I know we can't always keep a team to nil but going into the semis with that aura of brick wall-like defence would be a handy psychological weapon. I hope it's a case of the team not putting everything into games they know they're gonna win and not trying to peak too early.

I am not too worried about the defence TBH. This type of ?lapse? if you can call it that happened between rounds 11 and 15 as well before we switched it back on up until round 22 (last week). I think when the time comes we will see that desperation and determination return.

The LOD thing was pure madness. It wasn?t far from a send off IMO, it was after the tackle was complete FFS. Resting players in the 2nd half was the absolute right thing to do, I am at the stage now where the win doesn?t really bother me given we will be top 2, keeping the players fit is key.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Anyone else worried about the sharks game. I mean the only showing up in the second half worked against the panthers and tigers, but if we slack off in the first half I think sharks will take advantage.

Cliffhanger

Coach
No I wouldn't. Honestly I think Carney will be the reason they don't. Rather than lift against his former team he seems to be MIA. If sharks win gallen and fifita will be the key for them, they are the only players who will be able to match our intensity for 80 minutes.

Latest posts