What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Road To The GF

Madsharkie

First Grade
We have a rule at touch footy that if we throw an intercept that directly results in a try to the opposition, we owe a carton (of our choice) at the next team function. It's quite a funny occurrence that normally results in our own players running blocks and tackling the person who threw said intercept (who doesn't want to donate a carton), to allow the other team to score.

Anyway, we have a heap of cartons at a BBQ to watch the GF. So yeah, I'll be watching it.

Had we have made it, I'd be at the game again, with a lot of you screaming merkins. Oh well, there's always next year. Right?

Quigs

Immortal
Hey bubby
My old man represented Aus back in the 11 in a row era
A cyclist
He reckons he was given handfuls of pills and told to just take them.
He never asked what they were.
Didn't question it.
They all took them.

Hey Carch I watched an old series zonks ago about the Tour De France. It was a brilliant doco series. Anyhowse on one episode they had a couple of old ancient cyclist that were talking about the time they first started to notice the intro of drugs into the sport/race.

These two old blokes recalled the time they were going down a very steep stage on one leg of the Tour and they both said it was as dangerous as.

They then recounted how this bloke just rode around them at speed and they said they both noticed his eyes were distant and weird. He was in another world.

We he was eventually. He just rode straight off the side of the cliff.

carcharias

Immortal
Hey Carch I watched an old series zonks ago about the Tour De France. It was a brilliant doco series. Anyhowse on one episode they had a couple of old ancient cyclist that were talking about the time they first started to notice the intro of drugs into the sport/race.

These two old blokes recalled the time they were going down a very steep stage on one leg of the Tour and they both said it was as dangerous as.

They then recounted how this bloke just rode around them at speed and they said they both noticed his eyes were distant and weird. He was in another world.

We he was eventually. He just rode straight off the side of the cliff.
Dad reckons it was probably speed they were given... of a variety of.
He also said they'd have stout and lemonade in their bottles attached to their bikes.

This was in the st George area.
Exactly the same time as the 11 in a row.

Generalzod

Immortal
According to Gus Gould last years comp was soft, I wonder what he feels about this years competition.

Hey bubby
My old man represented Aus back in the 11 in a row era
A cyclist
He reckons he was given handfuls of pills and told to just take them.
He never asked what they were.
Didn't question it.
They all took them.

How is this for a direct quote from that very same Doctor

"TONY MILLAR: My experience is you can sell a sportsman anything. You could sell them growth hormone and they wouldn't ask you whether it was equine or human, and they'd use it just the same."

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2004/s1136964.htm

From his experience????
Read into that however you like
*11 premierships

carcharias

Immortal
How is this for a direct quote from that very same Doctor

"TONY MILLAR: My experience is you can sell a sportsman anything. You could sell them growth hormone and they wouldn't ask you whether it was equine or human, and they'd use it just the same."

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2004/s1136964.htm

From his experience????
Read into that however you like
*11 premierships

Mate
The same suburb as my old man
Dad went to school with those players

How many bloody sports type doctors were there around then?

Mate
The same suburb as my old man
Dad went to school with those players

How many bloody sports type doctors were there around then?
Not many at all.
It wasn't until the 1974 Commonwealth Games that tests were developed to detect steroids, so there is no chance that anyone playing rugby league around, or before, then would have been caught.
Is your old man around still mate?

carcharias

Immortal
Not many at all.
It wasn't until the 1974 Commonwealth Games that tests were developed to detect steroids, so there is no chance that anyone playing rugby league around, or before, then would have been caught.
Is your old man around still mate?
Yep