What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roadies

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone been watching this.

Its on Stan and I guess various other ways to watch it.

Its written and directed by Cameron Crowe (Almost famous) and also writes for Rolling Stone, reasonably realistic with artistic license to make it watchable.

Its only u to 5 eps but I'm hooked already and a few cameos on it.

mozza91

Coach
If it's anything like Almost Famous I'll definitely watch it. One of my all time favourite movies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
First season over and the last few eps with the death of one of the main characters was very good, alot of cameos throughout the first series including Eddie Vedder singing at the funeral.

Great Series.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What a disappointment, its one of the best series I've seen.

So much music and musicians dropping in for cameos. Seen the whole series 3 times and half way through my 4th and was very much looking forward to the second series.

Parra

Referee
Watched an episode on a plane. Didn't bother finishing it so no, did not hook me at all.

I appreciate your disappointment though, when a series you love gets axed.

I feel the same way about Vinyl. Loved the first series and I have no idea why it wasn't a success. I feel if they kept the cast together and made another it would've stuck. I can still rewatch what they did make.

JasonE

Bench
Naomi Watts' father was Pink Floyd's Road Manager back in the 70's when they were at their peak. He died from an overdose.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Didn't watch it and probably won't now considering if I do like it then I'm just setting myself up for disappointment.

Agree re Vinyl though, thought it was brilliant and really think it would of gone to a new level in season 2.