What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie Farah gone?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Farah is still a big chance of going to Leeds. If the club was smart they'd work on that. Leeds have plenty of coin and would take Farah at a higher price. Or the club could ask for a transfer fee to pay him out entirely.

cb4

First Grade
Segeyaro will pen an extension with Leeds. There will be little chance Farah ends up there.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Still not sure Farah is in the mind space to realistically look at other offers. He seems dug into the mindset of WT. I hope for all concerned he can get something for the 'future'- a 2/3 year deal to end career on one place.

Benefits of ESL- conditions more suitable to 3 years and good coin.

Benefits of NRL- used to it but conditions only really 2 years at most.

GW.

Juniors
if he is still playing well in a years time, he will get another year from somewhere.

He really wants to retire a tigers one club legend. sO RARE NOW. Theres alot of respect there from GW.

Last edited by a moderator:

simmo1

First Grade
I don't think he'll go to England whilst he still believes he will be picked for NSW.

dubbo teacher

Juniors
That's my biggest beef - him being picked for NSW. We now know that Laurie seems scarred by his first game or two as a teenager in Origin. Funny thing is it was never evident in his playing days but has certainly influenced his coaching decisions - this crap about players 'not being ready'. Frizell would not have been picked only for injury, likewise Wade Graham. And NSW only win a game when an incompetent half in Reynolds is out THROUGH INJURY. And don't start me on Gallen ffs. Likewise Robbie - he's done as much for Qld's cause as Smith or Thurston. Yet Laurie will probably pick him again next year:mad: if he's still in the NRL. Wouldn't want to pick an up and coming tough, made-for-origin hooker like Nathan Peats would we? Not while Laurie has Farah available to play the loyalty card on...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Daley has shown little interest in Farah for Origin next year.

Farah is acting purely out of principle alone

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats the principle. He signed a contract which had unpaid wages due to him in it. So he's seeing out his deal.

Tiger05

First Grade
Thats the principle. He signed a contract which had unpaid wages due to him in it. So he's seeing out his deal.

Whatever you want to call it. I can't see many people giving up that salary for playing footy. I don't blame him.

Tiger05

First Grade
It's called having principles. Which I have just explained to you.

It's not 'whatever you want to call it'. That's what it is.

Get a dictionary for f**ks sake.

You call it principles. I call it holding out for top dollar. That isn't principled to me. I'd do the same thing but it's called being smart when it comes to money.

Holding out?

The bloke isn't holding out for anything. He will get what is owing him under the contract from the club regardless.

He could sit at home and still be owed what the club agreed to in his contract. Up to the coach to either select him or not

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You call it principles. I call it holding out for top dollar. That isn't principled to me. I'd do the same thing but it's called being smart when it comes to money.
You are f**king dumb.

He took pay cuts to kerp the club under the cap. The club said they would make it up to him. Thats what this current deal is.

He's 'holding out' for the money that is owed to him from previous years.

What a special kind of stupid.

Hanging around for monies you're owed is unprincipled? I wish Farah would just go now but if the club don't give him what he's entitled to well it's not Farah that is unprincipled...

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm not stating it's unprincipled. I'm just stating that it is about getting paid what he has agreed too. I don't have a problem with it but it's not about principles.

As for stupid. The over the top reactions from here are what is stupid. Grow a brain you f**ktards.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is ENTIRELY about principle.

If that wasn't the case, Farah would've left and not given a shit about the coach.

Latest posts