What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie Farah

Frederick

Staff member
Following years of Tigers fans on here screaming blue murder over the fact that Buderus kept getting selected when Robbie Farah was "clearly" the superior player, Farah's two incredibly substandard performances for NSW have left me feeling slightly vindicated as a Newcastle fan, and I know all other Knights fans will feel the same way.

Now, this is not a dig at Tigers fans...ok, it sorta is, but the last two games have shown what many of us have known for years in that Farah is just not suited to Origin. He's a great club player, but in Origin you need to have a bit of niggle and passion - Farah for the most part looked disinterested.

Michael Ennis is the #9 that NSW need.

TimmyB

Juniors
I would maintain Farah is a better club player than Buderus ever was. Newcastle fans disputed that. They never claimed that Farah wasn't up to origin standard, they claimed that Buderus was just better. Bit rich to now say the argument was that his game wasn't suited to origin. Especially when tonight he played nothing like his ordinary game. He shovelled the ball striaght from dummy half every time. Not sure why he wasn't taking a few steps like he usually does.

Let us also not forget that whilst Queensland set a ercord of four straight origin series tonight, Buderus was captain for the first three of those...

Western_Eel

Juniors
Following years of Tigers fans on here screaming blue murder over the fact that Buderus kept getting selected when Robbie Farah was "clearly" the superior player, Farah's two incredibly substandard performances for NSW have left me feeling slightly vindicated as a Newcastle fan, and I know all other Knights fans will feel the same way.

Now, this is not a dig at Tigers fans...ok, it sorta is, but the last two games have shown what many of us have known for years in that Farah is just not suited to Origin. He's a great club player, but in Origin you need to have a bit of niggle and passion - Farah for the most part looked disinterested.

Michael Ennis is the #9 that NSW need.
Totally Agree,
Game 1, when Farah came off, we done well, when he came back on we did sh*t again,
Same thing happened tonight,
He needs to go!

Eddie.

Bench
Farah was dreadful tonight.

I think unlike Knights fans who would never budge on Buderus's failings, most sensible Tigers fans will admit that Farah was awful and will be very lucky to keep his place in origin 3

Jono078

Referee
Shocking.

Buderus wouldn't have missed that tackle that lead to a sh*t try, and that's what origin's about.

I'm a big Farah fan and wanted him there ahead of Ennis because I thought his skill and the way he plays would benefit us. But he's used none of it and really never looked up for the games, he was slow and did nothing really.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Farahs one of the best club players in the comp, but he hasnt shown anything in these two games and tonight was probably the worst performance ive ever seen him play in any game ever. Was he playing on pain killers or somthing? His passing was very ordinary (not just the lockyer try either), he was getting caught with the ball and his miss on Folau with Poore was woefull.

I wouldnt totally bar him from NSW selections forever, but they gotta think long and hard before picking him again cause his tactics appear to contrast with alot of the team. Farah and Wallace have a terrible combination.

In saying this, I might consider sticking with him for game 3, as the series is gone, and I think 4 years of being the best club hooker out there probably deserves another shot. To me if you put Ennis in you know what you are gonna get, and I think you can guarantee he will do a certain job, so id probably give Farah one last chance and then if not shift to ennis next year.

Mate, you will not find a Tigers supporter in the world (apart from Ladmate) who would excuse Farah for his effort tonight. I have never seen anything like it.

He is unequivocally a brilliant club player- and as a hooker, is still lengths ahead of Ennis, however he's not up to origin. Ennis deserves his chance. De Gois deserves his chance. Anybody BUT Farah.

Eddie.

Bench
His passing was terrible, and that one on one miss was criminal at SOO level.

Anyway, don't hang Tigers fans. Robbie Farah playing origin has been the only thing to look forward to the last 3 seasons. With our club a shambles you can hardly blame us focusing on it so much.

Generally Tigers fans are realists, they know mediocrity like no other set of supporters. Im confident they will admit he was awful and it he is dropped for Game 3 can't complain.

Newcastle fans should still remember that Buderus captained 3 straight losing series.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Farah was terrible tonight, was he even fit enough to play??? And Ennis had to come in for Wing. But we pick a centre FFS!!!

TimmyB

Juniors
I think saying he isn't up to origin is a little bit strong. Look at Hodges QLD debut and Lockyer's Australian debuts.

I would understand dropping him, but if Ennis is brought in and doesn't do the job I don't think you could bar Farah from selection.

8Ball

First Grade
Good to see tigers fans admitting that Farah had a shocker, and not making excuses. I'd still have him in for game 3 though. Wonder what Ladmate will say..

Bazal

Post Whore
Ennis should clearly have played, Farah has been atrocious at this level.

Ennis>>>>Farah

Knightmare

Coach
Ennis is a merkin and a sledger, a whinger and a dirty player and I hate him. But that is exactly why he should play Origin. He has the niggle to throw Qld off their guard, he would be getting stuck in from kick off to the final whistle.

Benny Elias was a dirty player, a sledger, a whinger and a merkin, and he was the best hooker NSW have ever had, indeed one of the best players NSW has ever had. No surprise that during his tenure (1985-94), NSW had some of their greatest years in Origin history. Even to this day, he still gets booed on the streets in Qld. That's what you want, not the opposition fans to come up and commiserate with you!

maccattack

Juniors
far too quite. Mr tippy tippy toes ooh here comes a defender I better pass.

Ennis would have been a bit more driven. We needed forward mobility and some mongrel. Ennis would have given that. I love Robbie Farrah, but he aint no Blue. Far too cautious.

Get Ennis in there and have him coached by Tommy.

There has gotta be some hate bought back into the jumper.

Knightmare

Coach
I wish that'd been the case Saab. Game 3 maybe, but unless you have a time machine, he's no chance at running out for the Blues 2 hours or so ago.

badav

Bench
Ennis is a merkin and a sledger, a whinger and a dirty player and I hate him. But that is exactly why he should play Origin. He has the niggle to throw Qld off their guard, he would be getting stuck in from kick off to the final whistle.

Look i rate Ennis, i reckon hes great but how do you figure that would throw QLD off their guard? Half the blokes in the team would have played with him and they are probably good mates. I think they know exactly what to expect from him.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah Farah was very average tonight.
To be fair he had a better game in Melbourne with Wing coming in every now and then.
I think that is what they do at the Tigers with Halatau helping.

So I think Ennis should be included on the bench in game 3 - He should have been there tonight, god knows why he wasn't.

Mr Saab

Referee
I wish that'd been the case Saab. Game 3 maybe, but unless you have a time machine, he's no chance at running out for the Blues 2 hours or so ago.

Yes my bad....game 3. NSW have to roll the dice....they have nothing to lose