What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui???

R2Coupe

Juniors
Regardless of our views, one important issue is team harmony. Whether a player commands the support and respect of his team mates underpins in many ways the success or otherwise of a team.

Blackdiamond

Juniors
I have a feeling that this may go exactly as per last year & the charges may be dropped? What happens then? Will the Tigers still sack him?

Juniors
is that your opinion, or did that happen?

(not being a smart arse, I just haven't been able to find out anything online yet)

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...o-assault-charge/story-e6frg6nf-1226178220597

WESTS Tigers footballer Robert Lui has pleaded not guilty to a charge of assaulting his girlfriend days after his team was eliminated from the NRL finals.
The 21-year-old halfback, who was stood down by his club after the alleged attack, briefly appeared in Burwood Local Court today.
He has been charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm on his 22-year-old partner, Taleah Rae Backo, at his North Strathfield house on Monday, September 19.
His team had been defeated by the Warriors in the semi-finals the previous Friday.
He pleaded not guilty to the charge today.
When he appeared in court earlier this month, Lui was barred from contacting his girlfriend.
The matter was adjourned to December 9 at the same court.

saints4ever

First Grade
I'm curious to know what the fans think of all this if the charges do get dropped again.
Would the majority welcome him back or not? Would they defend him saying he wasn't convicted as such?
Or will they see him as a wife bashing serial offender who does not deserve to wear the tigers jersey regardless of court findings.

innsaneink

Referee
He's admitted to headbutting her, his own words.
What the court does is irrelevant

I really try to keep seperate players on field performance and any other of their shit otherwise...Im not interested in their personal stuff like many fans are, I find you get TOO close you end up disappointed....in Luis case it would be hard to ignore this latest crap from him.
I think the Tigers might hang on to him

saints4ever

First Grade
Didn't read that he admitted to head butting her. Wonder how you can admit that yet plead not guilty.
Anyways just makes me wonder if the court proceedings fail and the tigers have no concrete reason to sack him, if they will keep him and tiny Tim, facing a salary cap problem.
Tigers seem to have put their eggs in every basket they could find, or their fingers in both pies etc

innsaneink

Referee
There were 2 seperate charges, he plead guilty to one, not guilty the other.
He mentioned the headbutt when accused, and then denying, of kicking her in the head

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I remember a few years ago a Northern Territory magistrate turned an offender over to tribal elders so they could administer their own penalty. From memory he was speared in the leg. I think Robert Lui is very lucky this isn't going to happen to him as Sammin' Sam Backo would no doubt like to administer some justice of his own. (No, this isn't a race thread, just laughing that Sam Backo would love to teach Lui a lesson).

You know the saying, once is an accident, twice is a coincidence and three times is a pattern. I hope to God there is no third occurrence because Sam would be on the first bus to Tigers Town.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I remember a few years ago a Northern Territory magistrate turned an offender over to tribal elders so they could administer their own penalty. From memory he was speared in the leg. I think Robert Lui is very lucky this isn't going to happen to him as Sammin' Sam Backo would no doubt like to administer some justice of his own. (No, this isn't a race thread, just laughing that Sam Backo would love to teach Lui a lesson).

You know the saying, once is an accident, twice is a coincidence and three times is a pattern. I hope to God there is no third occurrence because Sam would be on the first bus to Tigers Town.

I'd chip in for a ticket.

DanOz

Juniors

I wonder what his staunch defenders on this forum will say now there can be no more doubt - he was not FOUND guilty, he admitted he was. He is a filthy woman beating grub who should have been sacked the 1st time around, and yet morons on this site wanted to support him like he was a victim of some kind. I am glad to see the back of him, maggots like him reflect badly on the whole club.

N.C.

Juniors
So much could be said in response to you DanOz, but it's just not worth it. Thankfully for us, this whole thing is well and truly over. Hope he can get his shit together in Queensland and can get his life back on track. Admitting you're a f**k-up is probably not such an easy thing to do...

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Nobody on this forum ever defended violence against women.

I defended Lui based on his ability, nothing else.

It's a real shame he has such troubles because he has talent. I read he and he partner are back together again, what a mess.