What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robsters view Round 3

Robster

Bench
WEll I expected the Warriors to play like that yesterday so I'm not dissapointed. But overall a much improved performance then against St George.

PLayers which cut the Mustard

Jones
Usually ALways the best Warrior on the field, ran more, got involved and looked dangerous

Latu- Was a nutcase to drop a few fumbles and lose the ball over the tryline, but extremly dangerous weapon when he can pick up the ball without dropping it.

Ropati- Solid, just cut the mustard, good debut but we need Hohia.

Toopi- Well if it weren't for his last 20 minutes effort he be on the didn't cut the mustard list, He was a prick to get 10 minutes for his mouth. But at times he was effective, good improvement on defence.

Guttenbiel- A good rated performance, got involved and looked dangerous, did things people actually noticed.

Pallessina- Good try close to the end, needs to play more then 10 minutes though, but allright I guess.

Webb- solid performance, mr consistancy.

Koopu- Solid, good worker, always get involved.

Faumina- Centre is where he belongs, great player, Warrior man of the match to me.

a few others as well

Players which didn't cut the mustard

Fa'afili- You can't tackle mate, Roberts scored 4 tries against you.

Anderson- Your not a bloody centre.

Tuimavle(spelling) I don't think he has any thing to offer, I mean he's not a big tackler and doesn't make much metres with the ball in hand, I don't know bout this player, bring back your Uncle.

Changes next week
Hohia for Ropati, Jobson in the line up somewhere, Villasanti back hopefully and of course Murphy on the wing replacing overated henry fa'afili.

ozbash

Referee
Jobson in the line up somewhere
why ?
he is a center and defensivly a very good one.
bullshit , he is a high ball speciallist yet doesnt get the kick directed to his wing. was the only wing that went looking yesterday.in amos's last try henry tacled the center who passed the ball to amos then tackled amos, henry is a tackling machine.
Murphy on the wing
too small,too dumb
Hohia for Ropati
lance hohaia has an attitude problem that is not conducive with a team situation. ;-) be very surprised to see him back under DA
get your hand off it, worst game ever :lol:
WEll I expected the Warriors to play like that yesterday so I'm not dissapointed
you are full of tutai wob :p

Rudolph

Juniors
Jones
Usually ALways the best Warrior on the field, ran more, got involved and looked dangerous
Played crap. If i say that will i still be a Warriors Supporter?

Didn't Roberts score the tries on the other side of the field. Meli's Side?

Ropati- Solid, just cut the mustard, good debut but we need Hohia.
Played well deserves another week. Dont bring the over rated hohaia plz.

Faumina- Centre is where he belongs, great player, Warrior man of the match to me.
Didnt he play in the second row?

Iafeta

Referee
ozbash said:
Jobson in the line up somewhere
why ?

Unless he's sized up a little since the Knights days I'd certainly rather take Jerry Seu Seu and Richard Villasanti, even Danny Sullivan although I thought he was rusty yesterday.

he is a center and defensivly a very good one.

Defensively yes, but we need more than that. I can't remember the last take he created a try for the Warriors. Thats not what we need whatsoever. He's a lock/second rower. And he'd be a darn fine one at that because he's willing, he's got truckloads of energy and enthusiasm, just lacks that extra yard of pace and the ability with that to draw his opposition centre and winger and put his own winger into the corner.

bullsh*t , he is a high ball speciallist yet doesnt get the kick directed to his wing. was the only wing that went looking yesterday.in amos's last try henry tacled the center who passed the ball to amos then tackled amos, henry is a tackling machine.

Henry didn't look like it to me. He got involved later in the game, but made some crucial defensive errors. Expendible for mine. Vatuvei or Mellors, someone explosive.

Murphy on the wing
too small,too dumb

Doesn't get involved enough.

Hohia for Ropati
lance hohaia has an attitude problem that is not conducive with a team situation. ;-) be very surprised to see him back under DA

Ropati wasn't the worst. Handling errors under pressure aside, he tried to get involve and try different things, more than what Looloo could say in his first venture into the NRL.

get your hand off it, worst game ever :lol:

Wasn't his best game. Still our most consistently dangerous back.

WEll I expected the Warriors to play like that yesterday so I'm not dissapointed
you are full of tutai wob :p

For a squad that has outside the starting XVII yesterday Lautiiti, Vatuvei, Mellors, Perenara, Tookey, Te Mata - and on the injured list Villasanti, Betham and Marsh, by oath I expect a truckload more than that. I expect at least a fit looking team, they're not. I expect my left centre to run the first few paces in D, not walk. He isn't. I expect my front rowers to keep going. They don't. I expect players of more than 30 games to know when to throw that last pass, when to hold it. They don't. I expect good defensive line speed. We don't have it.

There is no reason, with the truckloads of juniors in Auckland (lets not forget the players we have missed out on from Auckland - Hunt, Williams, Maiava etc who are making the play elsewhere in NRL), with the fact we have Hohaia, Jones, Leuluai who are all test players of varying experience, that this club should not be regular successors. The time should have been this year (clearly it isn't yet anyway), where no team is of any fear to us. Given the talent, the coaching staff and the management structure, plus the hoards of now loyal fans, this team should be aiming for not a top 4 finish, a top 2 at worst finish, and then the premiership. Anything less is not what I expect, and certainly to lose by 20 at home yesterday is not a sign that that is going to come to fruition.

By oath when we all get the jerseys, all buy the flags, all get the chips at the games, all take our wives/kids/friends to the games do I not expect a better performance. I certainly don't expect to sit there and watch a 20 point flogging where at times the effort and execution is laughable. This is the Warriors for crying out loud, the team that has more ability than any other in the comp -its high time they were back to playing like it.

Iafeta

Referee
You are however most definitely right on Tuimavave. 3 hit ups and 10 tackles with 2 misses doesn't cut the mustard for mine. That leaves too much work to the other forwards who are mostly flashy type players, in racing terms, not stayers. Very talented I feel, not his time yet, needs to learn to inject himself into the game better.

Robster, Roberts was playing on the right wing :roll:

Meli was marking him not Henry.

Also Webb even though you say he is mr consitancy he has alot of room for improvement. He needs to attack the line and attempt to break the tackle. That is were he will make the breaks with fast kick returns from broken play.

Iafeta

Referee
I also reckon he needs to come up into the line a little bit more and play as more of a five eighth on attack. He has the ability to create.

Or, chime in more inside the centres as an extra man where he is so damn dangerous.

Rudolph

Juniors
No no no. Meli marks the centre. Toopi marks nobody. Nobody marks the winger

I thought Jones defended at centre. Meli doesnt mark anyone he runs at whoever has a ball and leaves a passage for them to pass the ball who whoevers on the wing to score a try. Oh no that never happens the great Meli does nothing wrong. :p