What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robsters View Round 4.

Robster

Bench
Great performance boys, reached our style and standard of play, Lauaki fantastic performance and Anderson (not vinnie but the other one) had a great game, Jones stood up, Fa'afili WOW what a performance out of the blue he will contend for Winger of the Week for sure. All the players cut the mustard for me however we surely do need Lance back to get a slightly result in game play, our ball control was much better then previous weeks, Murph did nothing wrong except he didn't get involved much (despite his lil run at the end). Changes next week- Lance for Ropati other then that leave it as it is. Great to have Villasanti back, and thank you toopi for out playing your bartercard level :D

Robsters player of the match- Lauaki

I'm waiting for ozbash to let his disagrement be known as he always disagrees with everything a say. :lol:

tHe_MaC

Juniors
As Much as I am a fan of Murphy, I can't see him keeping his spot in the team. he needs to get involved alot more and just doing nothing all game, even though he done nothing wrong and played ok he needs to do alot more or his days as a warrior will become numbered.

ozbash

Referee
thanks halfy- a man of knowledge :D

Great performance boys, reached our style and standard of play,
if thats our style and standard of play we are in deep shit.

All the players cut the mustard for me however

your mustard must be very thin and easily cut wobsta, webb, shocker witrh his hands in the first half
seuseu, started hard for the first 10 mins,dissapeared then came back in the latter stages of the 2nd half-improvement but ffs, there had to be.
martin total waste of f**king space, he bumbled and confused himself most of the game, decided he better tackle murph when they put the high ball up and scored of their cock up.
murph- did he play all the 80
ali- improved slightly, still a long way to go but i reckon he,ll get there.
we need the bartercard cup to start at the same time as telstra-- boys need matches to sharpen up.

definite mustard cutters

lauaki- awesome display of strength and what a great footy mind.
faumuina- fantastic, this guy will be a legend one day
latu- fanbloodytastic, when he gets to 100% fitness,pj will have his work cut out.would have to be the quickest hooker in the game and so tough for a little bloke.
henry, my MOM and anyone who calls hens a passenger wouldnt know shit from clay.
the ando bros-- please dont ever start vinnie at centre mr A. him and his bro were excellent switching and swapping and keeping the eagles guessing.

the rest were ok, ropati was going good till he came off.

the eagles missed menzies big time. they lacked direction and beaver offers the x factor to the eagles.

the way we played yesterday, they would have beaten us with menzies,solo playing.

i,m not excited yet but i,m glad to see you are wob :p

Anonymous

Juniors
your mustard must be very thin and easily cut

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I actually liked Robster's review more :p I can't believe you said Faumuina played well he was awful, every time he got near the ball he either dropped it or conceded a penalty. I am a huge fan but this is one game he'd rather forget. Also, if you think Ali only improved slightly then you are expecting too much, if any other second rower had played as well as he did we'd be singing their praises, he embarrassed the Sea Eagles defence every time he got the ball.

Rudolph

Juniors
Ali was terrible from what i saw he still looking for someone to fight with.

Murph played well we didn't miss Meli at all. I dont think lance will make the team next week anderson will put Faumuina in at stand off.

Martin has been disappointing i was hoping for big things from him.
I dont think we can comment too much on defense becasue manly didnt offer much, and of course no one has mentioned Jones he played the best game i've seen him play for a long time.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
I cant remember Ali being in a fight, let alone looking for one. He played pretty well, I thought. Maybe peoples expectations are too high. He posed questions on attack, had a decent workrate and was solid on defence. Thats good enough for me.
We're not going to trouble the top 6 yet, but this game was a step forward & as long as we keep making progress, I'll be happy.

ThrashViking

Juniors
I think I was one of the Ali slaggers in the off-season but by god he played well.
He's improved his tackling which has impressed me the most.
And how in the blue fudge did Brent Webb get 3 Dally M Points for his piss poor effort?That was one of his worse games in the Black & Silver for a long time
It was an okay win i guess despite Manly being fuc*ing awful.

AliN

Live Update Team
Yeah I thought Ali went well..at times.
Murph looked worse than he was cos Martin was missing in action.

Great to see the Anderson boys go well off the bench.

Lauaki certainly has a future. With a bit more NRL experience it'll be great to see him flourish.

Henry for me had a great game, as did Webby.

Still a long way to go but the signs are there.

Rudolph

Juniors
Well maybe not getting into fights but he is putting in alot andi mean alot of cheap shot on players.

Iafeta

Referee
I think its a little premature to judge Martin. He was one of our best against the Broncos, exciting until injury struck against the Dragons, couple of errors against Manly sure but also inches away from a try. He'll be better for the run. For gods sakes, don't go back to Vinnie in the centres, that was a step forward, attacking options don't both sides. Note, we scored on both sides of the park. Good balance. Don't get me wrong, Vinnie defended like a goliath and worked the ball up well - as he should, in the forwards. He then took advantage of a slip to put Webb away.

Epalahame Lauaki is the most promising NRL forward. This guy could be absolutely anything. He works hard, he's aggressive, he bumps people off, and keeps going. With a little more know how of when to throw the ball he'll be out of this world. He reminds me a lot of a young Gorden Tallis.

Ali was sensational, can't believe he's copped any criticism. The try was pure skill, a lovely step, the run was magic. And he worked hard. Can't give it to him this week at all. Another magic player was Tevita Latu, he is just dynamite.

Finally, thumbs up to Jobson - yep, you'll get your ar$e slashed for being an Australian, but you did your job. Kept going forward, tackling hard, allowing Jerry and Villa to regain oxygen but still going forward. Improvement out of sight from the Newcastle days, bigger, and still working hard. Nice effort.

Meth

Staff member
I was one that was questioning Henry's place in the team. So far, he has been our best winger this year, and he was fantastic on Sunday.

Ozbash, it wouldn't matter what kind of game Webb and SeuSeu had, you wouldn't like them. I don't think Webb was particuarly fantastic, but he scored two tries and cleaned up a bit of nervous ball. SeuSeu was great....between him and Jobson, they provided some key go forward and he set up a great try.

ozbash

Referee
bullshit, i think seuseu is /was one of the best props in the league.
i think webby is a very good utility player, not a full backs arsehole.

webb may have been the bees knees in the 2nd half, he was at his mediocre best in the first.

""it wouldn't matter what kind of game Webb and SeuSeu had, you wouldn't like them.""
unlike some of you guys i dont need someone to tell me what i like or dont. i have been around long enough to distinguish good from bad.

Meth

Staff member
Easy there soldier.

All I'm a saying is you were labelling Seu Seu as dead wood this past week, and you are always hard on Webb.

Seu Seu had a good game and Webb scored two tries.

Yet they were still not mustard cutters. I thought Seu Seu was a mustard cutter, for sure.

But then again, my opinion is shaped in some sort of behaviourist manner :roll:

ozbash

Referee
well, you may be right, i think gerry is on the verge of making a fair dent in the mustard and webby did play well in the 2nd half.

i think the prev 3 weeks heart break shaped me emotionally to become more critical.

after sunday i will take jerry of the dead wood pile.

Anonymous

Juniors
i think gerry is on the verge of making a fair dent in the mustard

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

anyway, I just wanna make anothe comment about Ali. If any other player had scored that try, we would be dumbfounded. Sure, it was only from 10 metres out, but he caught the ball flat against a well set defensive line and he just ran through them. Ditto when he made the break late in the game, and he was offloading at will. He is astounding and under appreciated.