What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rochow to Souths.....wtf Knights?!?!?!

Frederick

Staff member
Sure he rips in and has a real go...when he actually makes it on the field.

Injury prone and little more than an honest toiler. Plus, he made the decision to leave. Knights offered him more than souths, but he chose to leave

perverse

Referee
I don't think our deal was any worse than Souths, he chose to leave. I can't believe anyone cares, lol. Very random old news to start a new thread about.

Glendale

Juniors
Go to rumoured targets thread and read a few pages back. We haven't 'let him go' as you said, he is off contract at the end of the season and is making the decision to leave. The Knights did want to keep him. We offered him a deal which we thought was fair and we stated that we were keen on keeping him at the club. Infact our offer was greater then that of Souths, so he's taken a paycut to go there. Rochow's made this decision based on apparently: 'where he can challenge himself'. But we all know that's bullshit... He doesn't want to be at our loser club and would rather play where life is a bit easier. I'm a fan of Rochow as a player but I reckon this decision has shed a light on his attitude a little bit, and it's an attitude that we need to rid from the place and the exact attitude we do not need from our experienced 'leaders of the club'.

Rochow left as a junior when we were flat broke, couldn't get a place at the Storm, so came back for the Tinkler dollars, then we gave him a gig and helped him make a name for himself. Now times are really tough again and Robbie doesn't want to be here anymore again. Will be interesting to see if he wants to jump back on the ship if we start looking like an attractive destination again.

I believe he had a longer term deal on the table earlier in the year but knocked it back. He has really rolled the dice as another injury and a one year deal could see him on the scrap heap.

I was quite surprised to see he didn't miss a game in 13 and 14 but 15 and 16 were shockers for injury.

i don't see him as a great loss but the annoying thing is when we pay for rehab and salary and a player shows no loyalty, We don't need players like that and no way I'd have him back.

Knight76

Juniors
Have to give him respect for his choice though, if nothing else than his gamble. He could have stayed here a few more years and earned good coin. But, he signed with Souths on a 1 year deal after a few seasons destroyed by injury.

No club will have him if he makes it 3 crap years in a row. But anyway, we don't need to gamble with his cap money, it is needed elsewhere.

Joel-22

Juniors
weak as piss defender. I've seen him pull off maybe 2 dominant tackles in his whole career. Also, anyone remember the time Rochow found himself in space and a winger (I believe David Williams) absolutely f**king flattened him. Unfortunately, physically that's something I would still expect from him.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Good riddance. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Being out of your comfort zone would mean actually being on the field. I at least hope that for you.

Spot On

Coach
I can't believe he hasn't already.

The decisions he has made are truly bizarre.

At least this contract is longer than 1 year.

Latest posts