What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocksmith

bulldog

Bench
I don't think I'll get it because I just don't have enough time to invest in it, but I think it's an awesome idea.

bileduct

Coach
Picked this up yesterday.

It's an interesting game, particularly for those who are interested in learning guitar. Each song starts out at a really basic level where you only have to hit one note every ice age, but you quickly level up each phrase until you're playing it as heard on the cd.

It is not without its problems, however. I have the PS3 version which seems to have issues sometimes that requires a restart of the game when you want to retry a song in rehearsal. When I googled this I was directed to some forums posts at Ubisoft where preople seem to be complaining about a lot more than just that issue. I haven't encountered any of the bugs yet, but apparently there is a patch on the way.

The menu system is kinda annoying. There is a voiceover introducing all kinds of different elements of the game and sometimes you can't skip past, and the guy sounds like a total douche.

The virtual fretboard is a little difficult to get used to. Once you get to the more advanced stages you really do need to rehearse the songs. It's not like Guitar Hero where you can generally get through songs you haven't heard before on the higher difficulty levels.

I would recommend it to anyone interesting in learning to play, or those at an intermediate level.

Here is the songlist -> http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/tracklist/index.aspx

bartman

Immortal
I'm looking forward to this one actually - have a guitar in the storeroom just gathering dust and the game might give me the structure/motivation to play regularly and build some confidence/skill. Better than guitar hero/rockband in terms of a real outcome, and heaps of bands seem to be on board.

As I don't have a console I'm waiting for the PC version to come out this month, I think Oct 26?

bileduct

Coach
It's a lot of fun. I've sunk a lot of hours into it already.

I've improved my playing more in a week than I have in years. Gotta get a new guitar though, I have a Gibson Les Paul that is heavy as f**k with a standard leather strap that bites into my shoulder.

bileduct

Coach
PC version came out Oct 19.

I highly recommend the PC version over the PS3 version. Loading up songs is almost instantaneous on the PC version and it doesn't suffer from the failed loads like the PS3 version does. Plus the online store has everything that is available in North America, unlike the PS3 Euro store which has f**kall in it right now.

I've spent a shitload of time on this game and my guitar playing has improved immensely. Started on Hangar 18 today but my LP Studio isn't really made for the Marty Freidman solos that take you up to the 22nd fret and beyond.

bartman

Immortal
Actually spotted the PC version in a shop today for the first time (JB), after keeping an eye out around the traps last week. They wanted $79, so I might see if I can spot it anywhere else first and see if I can save up to $10 by shopping around.

Realistically I won't get to start using it until another month or so, so it can form part of my Xmas gifts/Festive Season activities. Looking forward to it on PC, seems the way to go.

bileduct

Coach
If that's $79 with the cable included then I don't think you're gonna do much better for a while. It's $69 on Steam without the cable.

I got it for $79 on PS3 and then got the PC version from Steam. The cable works on PS3, PC and Xbox 360.

Big Tim

First Grade
Does this game support Bass Guitar?

I have a really nice 5 string Gibson Bass I bought when I was 15, that I still keep in the hopes that one day I will find a reason to bring it out.... maybe this game is it?

Frederick

Staff member
Found the PC version with cable included on ebay from the UK for $55.74, with $2.70 postage

bileduct

Coach
Does this game support Bass Guitar?

I have a really nice 5 string Gibson Bass I bought when I was 15, that I still keep in the hopes that one day I will find a reason to bring it out.... maybe this game is it?
Yes it does. The layout is designed to suit a standard 4 string bass, but you can still use the fifth string.

Big Tim

First Grade
Yes it does. The layout is designed to suit a standard 4 string bass, but you can still use the fifth string.

Awesome.

Might have to see if I can rent it from somewhere to make sure it is something that I might actually like to do. Thanks.

Munky

Coach
This game is the f**kin shiz, how good is Mean Bitch.

Planning to buy an American Standard Deluxe Strat as my love for the guitar has been rekindled.

bileduct

Coach
This game is the f**kin shiz, how good is Mean Bitch.

Planning to buy an American Standard Deluxe Strat as my love for the guitar has been rekindled.
Yep, I'm still playing this game quite a lot. They've put out some great DLC too. I'm trying to learn the Bohemian Rhapsody solos at the moment.

Munky

Coach
Getting very positive reviews all round including a 9.0 from IGN AU.

This will probably be my GOTY considering the first one is probably my favourite game of all time and RS 2014 is meant to be like the jump from Assassins Creed 1 to Assassins Creed 2.

Latest posts