What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rogue One: A Star Wars story

Zoidberg

First Grade
Thought I'd start a thread for this one as I'm sure there will be plenty to discuss in the next few months.

1st teaser trailer released
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

1st half of it looked a little different, maybe because it's a different look visually for Star Wars, but after you see that Star Destroyer...that's all Star Wars baby!

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
It looks very promising and it connects the the prequels with the sequels, I hope it's better than the farce awakens....

LESStar58

Referee
I love the fact that they got Genevieve O'Reilly back after leaving her on the cutting room floor for episode 3!

LESStar58

Referee
Just watching cut scenes from The Force Unleashed (yes, I know its not canon) and they have the end of the game rescuing Rebel leaders on the Death Star and it got me thinking....

So if the Death Star was already being built at the end of Revenge Of The Sith (and was being planned during Attack Of the Clones) and Sith was 20 years before A New Hope then I wonder how they'll explain why it took 20 years to build.

They have referenced Geonosis a few times in some of the canon novels/comics (The Empire tried to start up the droid factories there) so I reckon there will be at least a line in the movie that references that (like Kylo Ren's "clone army" reference to Hux in 7) just to tie it all in to the universe that has already been established.

Also the Rebel base; it looks a hell of a lot like Yavin but I hope it ends up being Dantooine... again, because it was referenced in A New Hope and to tie it in to the established universe and actually see it as a new location would be pretty sweet.

LESStar58

Referee
And is EVERY new female character introduced to the Star Wars universe going to be Rey's mother? Lots of speculation that Jyn is Rey's mom.

LESStar58

Referee
The Death Star was a space station the size of a Moon. It's conceivable it would take ages to build.

Yet it took f**k all time to build it (partially) between Empire and Jedi.

I remember Lucas had some bullshit theory that the 2nd one took less time because as the movies went on the technology was nore advanced which was also the reason Luke had a more realistic replacement hand than Anakin.

Pugzley

Just watching cut scenes from The Force Unleashed (yes, I know its not canon) and they have the end of the game rescuing Rebel leaders on the Death Star and it got me thinking....

So if the Death Star was already being built at the end of Revenge Of The Sith (and was being planned during Attack Of the Clones) and Sith was 20 years before A New Hope then I wonder how they'll explain why it took 20 years to build.

They have referenced Geonosis a few times in some of the canon novels/comics (The Empire tried to start up the droid factories there) so I reckon there will be at least a line in the movie that references that (like Kylo Ren's "clone army" reference to Hux in 7) just to tie it all in to the universe that has already been established.

Also the Rebel base; it looks a hell of a lot like Yavin but I hope it ends up being Dantooine... again, because it was referenced in A New Hope and to tie it in to the established universe and actually see it as a new location would be pretty sweet.

images

Exsilium

First Grade

Unions. It's always the unions holding shit up.

Storm13

Juniors
Yet it took f**k all time to build it (partially) between Empire and Jedi.

I remember Lucas had some bullshit theory that the 2nd one took less time because as the movies went on the technology was nore advanced which was also the reason Luke had a more realistic replacement hand than Anakin.

Have you not heard of the Contact (movie) explanation?

Noa

First Grade
Unions. It's always the unions holding shit up.

Excuse me you fascist empire scum, 26 lives were lost just installing the Superlaser power cell and the carrier beam crystal alone.

The D.W.U.E (Deathstar Workers Union of the Empire) were more then entitled to down tools till safety conditions improved.

Exsilium

First Grade
Excuse me you fascist empire scum, 26 lives were lost just installing the Superlaser power cell and the carrier beam crystal alone.

The D.W.U.E (Deathstar Workers Union of the Empire) were more then entitled to down tools till safety conditions improved.

Haha!!!! I love how nerdy this topic is becoming!

Don't ever change guys.

bileduct

Coach

You f**kers are the reason they brought in independent contractors, hence why the second Death Star was able to be built so quickly.

LESStar58

Referee
You f**kers are the reason they brought in independent contractors, hence why the second Death Star was able to be built so quickly.

And Finn is living proof that Stormtroopers can install a toilet main.

Bless you, Kevin Smith! :lol:

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade

Well with that attitude dont complain if some-one just happens to leave a door unlocked or two unlocked leading to some blueprints :-$

Latest posts