What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rogue One: A Star Wars story

bileduct

Coach
I've got no problem with them using current events to tell a story. Even George Lucas said while he was making Episode 3 that it was a way of protesting the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars.The Imperials in the Holy Trilogy and The First Order in the sequel trilogy are even influenced by Nazis FFS.
Yeah, and then he sold his franchise to - in his own words - "white slavers."

Right wing nutters wanted to boycott TFA because it had a black Stormtrooper and a Latino X-Wing Pilot and was directed by an all-powerful liberal Hollywood Jew. Plus there was a nutjob feminist who went on a YouTube rant about how she was being bombarded with ads for it all the time including on her own videos. Called it sexist and oppressive which is pretty hilarious given Rey ended up the focal point of the new trilogy.
Yes, this thing you're using is called the internet where anyone can express any opinion whether it's serious or not. The problem you're experiencing here is that clickbait websites looooooove writing up articles that are based solely on a handful of tweets and relate in some way to some kind of cultural event of significance. The even bigger problem is they're showing the lamestream media how click generation works, and the lamestream media is following suit.

"Hey, some losers on twitter are posting dumb shit about something everyone is interested in... Star Wars! Now I know what to make my column about so it can be published on our website for advertising revenue!"

The biggest tragedy here is the death of journalism.

alien

Referee
A lot of people have got it all wrong! It is the Globalists and anti-Trump people who are more like the Empire!

Us Nationalists who are rising up around the world are more like the Rebel Alliance! We are the good guys!

Much of Hollywood are Liberal Globalist scumbags, just like many of the powerful people in the media! They try to shape our cultures and nations in bad ways! Hopefully they keep being defeated, just like they were in the U.S. election!

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Don't want to get anyone too excited but word after the premiere of this is extremely good.

DiegoNT

First Grade
A lot of people have got it all wrong! It is the Globalists and anti-Trump people who are more like the Empire!

Us Nationalists who are rising up around the world are more like the Rebel Alliance! We are the good guys!

Much of Hollywood are Liberal Globalist scumbags, just like many of the powerful people in the media! They try to shape our cultures and nations in bad ways! Hopefully they keep being defeated, just like they were in the U.S. election!
No no no
Putin is Palpatine, Trump is vader, pence is moff tarkin, hillary is Leia, Bill is Han, bernie is obi wan, obama is Luke, sean Hannity is Jabba, black lives matters are the rebels, police are the storm troopers Nigel Forage is Boba Fett.....
Or you know, star wars might just be a work of fiction created in the 70s

alien

Referee
Or you know, star wars might just be a work of fiction created in the 70s

tumblr_lyrncpwTGu1r5x7tk.png

LESStar58

Referee
Don't want to get anyone too excited but word after the premiere of this is extremely good.

Yup. All the previews I've been reading are quite positive.

I've been flat out at work this week so if it keeps up like this tomorrow then12:01 on Thursday morning will be here in no time!

Got my ticket on the weekend! CANNOT WAIT!

shiznit

Coach
I'm taking my Star Wars crazed son on Sunday morning...

I'm a little apprehensive as he's only 5 years old so no doubt he's going to have no idea about the story and everything else...

But he's such a big Star Wars fan... and mostly the original trilogy.

So he's been going crazy over this as Vader has appeared in the trailers.

I'm taking him on Sunday so I have a chance towatch it first to make sure it's not too violent... as he's only 5... lol

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Yeah my 5yo is super keen to watch it. Hes been bingeing Eps 4-7 constantly over the last couple of months, bugging me every free minute to put one on for him (Empire is his favourite)

LESStar58

Referee
Can we modify the thread title to include spoilers in the event we want to discuss amongst those of us who have seen it?

Zoidberg

First Grade
Can we modify the thread title to include spoilers in the event we want to discuss amongst those of us who have seen it?

And on that note, I'm not coming back here until I've seen it. Still don't know when that will be :( stupid work, seriously considering having a sickie tomorrow

DiegoNT

First Grade
Maybe do what they done with force awakens, have 2 separate threads, one spoiler free, one open discussion