What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rogue One DISCUSSION Thread INC. SPOILERS!!!!!!

McLovin

Staff member
Boring boring boring...

The blind guy and the other asian dude... lol wtf, useless characters

2.5 hours could have been condensed into 1.5 easily...

Jono078

Referee
I've never been a Star Wars fan but I know the story of the original trilogy and I LOVED episode 7.

I gotta say though, I didn't enjoy Rogue One at all. The first hour or so was so choppy.

It definitely concluded well though. The Vader scene was sweet.

Munky

Coach
I have been waiting for a space battle to top ROTJ for a long time and on first viewing Rogue One is atleast it's equal.

The first half hour was a bit slow but well shot.

The movie should have been called Suicide Squad, A Star Wars Story. Even though we knew the outcome the stakes are so f**king high.

Even with some flaws it has made the original trilogy better. The death star now has a reason for a fatal flaw, while the rebels are shown to be acknowledging they have done horrible things for the greater good.

I also liked that a heap of rebel pilots had the look of a dapper English gentleman.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
The moment whatshisface rebel guy blasted his own dude I was immediately reminded of the many attempts by Lucas to cleanse his conscience over Han Solo blowing away poor Greedo. I sincerely hope that was a deliberate "f**k you!" to Lucas who only managed to produce two good Star Wars films out of the six he was responsible for (nobody counts the Ewok movies), and it was a good reminder that him having nothing to do with this franchise anymore is for the better.

Danish

Referee
The moment whatshisface rebel guy blasted his own dude I was immediately reminded of the many attempts by Lucas to cleanse his conscience over Han Solo blowing away poor Greedo. I sincerely hope that was a deliberate "f**k you!" to Lucas who only managed to produce two good Star Wars films out of the six he was responsible for (nobody counts the Ewok movies), and it was a good reminder that him having nothing to do with this franchise anymore is for the better.

That was my first thought when that happened too. A definite message to Lucas IMO.

Last Week

Bench
I liked it. It was better than The Force Awakens.

It was slow to build up. There was so much talking and I found the plot a little lost midway through. It sure did redeem itself though. I have it up there with Empire and Jedi.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I must be one of the few that enjoyed it from the first minute.

Granted they did a lot of planet jumping early but they tied it all in pretty quickly. Besides, getting to see a lot more of the Star Wars universe was great.

They were all so gritty and grim that it further washed away the cartoon nature of the prequels.

I also thought the casting was great. Tudyk, Mendelsohn, Mikkelsen and Donnie Yen aren't household names to the general public but they're awesome actors. Yen was a shrewd choice in particular as it'll sell well in China.

I also loved all the cameos and thought it was so well written with the way they filled in THE plot hole of all plot holes - which is 'why did the Death Star have such a major flaw?!'

I will have to see the movie again because some little shit stain kids started making a lot of noise and I rage pretty quickly at people disturbing a movie theatre. So I largely missed the Vader-Krennic scene much to my dismay and increased rage.

But I was able to get back on track quickly as the battle sequence unfolded, which of course was epic.

And just to echo everyone else - the Vader scene was AWESOME. We finally got to see him at his most bad ass; slaying a load of rebels rather than committing infanticide.

In summary, on a par with A New Hope behind ESB. A better made movie than ANH, but that's still the one that started it all so hard to beat into outright 2nd.

I must be one of the few that enjoyed it from the first minute.

Granted they did a lot of planet jumping early but they tied it all in pretty quickly. Besides, getting to see a lot more of the Star Wars universe was great.

They were all so gritty and grim that it further washed away the cartoon nature of the prequels.

I also thought the casting was great. Tudyk, Mendelsohn, Mikkelsen and Donnie Yen aren't household names to the general public but they're awesome actors. Yen was a shrewd choice in particular as it'll sell well in China.

I also loved all the cameos and thought it was so well written with the way they filled in THE plot hole of all plot holes - which is 'why did the Death Star have such a major flaw?!'

I will have to see the movie again because some little shit stain kids started making a lot of noise and I rage pretty quickly at people disturbing a movie theatre. So I largely missed the Vader-Krennic scene much to my dismay and increased rage.

But I was able to get back on track quickly as the battle sequence unfolded, which of course was epic.

And just to echo everyone else - the Vader scene was AWESOME. We finally got to see him at his most bad ass; slaying a load of rebels rather than committing infanticide.

In summary, on a par with A New Hope behind ESB. A better made movie than ANH, but that's still the one that started it all so hard to beat into outright 2nd.

100% agree.

Loved it from start to finish. Loved the characters, the cameos, the SFX, the battle scenes. Loved it in 3D.

I just loved it.

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Game_Breaker

Coach
That Vader scene at the end was awesome. One of the best scenes in all 8 movies
Loved the fact we got a glimpse of a Anakin in that chamber too.

alien

Referee
It's ok. It definitely isn't my favourite Star Wars movie though. I like more lightsaber action. My favourite part of the movie is probably Vader massacring those Rebels!

alien

Referee
f**king amazing how a rich state like NY cannot offer an experience like Vmax. I agree, 3D is so full of shit. Can someone please explain how it actually enhances the experience? No one cares about things popping out of the screen! It's annoying and pointless! It's just a stupid fad that will hopefully die off.

I don't understand what is so good about Vmax. The screen is bigger, but people sit further away from the screen.

saint.nick

Coach
It's ok. It definitely isn't my favourite Star Wars movie though. I like more lightsaber action. My favourite part of the movie is probably Vader massacring those Rebels!

Glad you found this, but the real version is actually longer

LESStar58

Referee
Does Lucas still get in royalties from the Star War films??

No. Lucas got 2 billion cash and 2 billion in Disney stock. By the time Disney get done with Marvel and Star Wars and everything else they own Lucas won't even need the royalties anyway as those stocks will explode in value.