What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roll call! Who is a Coast fan?

My First Holiday was to Currumbin to see my dad's mate(When i was a AFL lacky), I always had a soft spot for GC back when i supportted the Balmain tigers.

They are my 2nd team but they will never beat the my Melbourne Team

OZ_Falcon

Juniors
Always be a Raiders fan but they will be up there with the Storm, Sharks and Cowboys as the other teams. Bring on 2007!

innsaneink

Referee
Hindyscrack said:
Mate its going to be a hard call to drop the eels after 20 long years... But i will be a season ticket holder and will be going hard tonight at the game

I AM PUMPED!

Unbelievable.

Oh well good luck to the coasties and all their new 'loyal' fans.:rolleyes:

Macca

Coach
I don't have a second team. Congratulations on getting the nod though, I will be attendeding the first Sharks - Pirates game on the Gold Coast for sure.

God-King Dean

Immortal
They are a QLD team, I HATE THEM!

Seriously though, it depends on the players that they get if I like them or not. I have family on the GC so I may get to a few games if I'm lucky

On thing is for sure, if I was a player coming off contract in 2006 GC is where I'd be heading!

SP

Bench
im thinking of changing over to support Gold Coast, its defintly easy for me to attend home games instead of Penrith lol, i was hoping they would of been made the 16th team.

PJ Marshal

Coach
i cant beleive how some of you can just completley ditch a team for a new unproven team thatd have to be the stupidest thing ive heard ever

so much for loyalty

ParraMatt

Bench
Gold Coast will be my second team and will support there games in Sydney as well but I am a Parramatta fan through and through allthough living on the gold coast for 8 years.

God-King Dean

Immortal
SP said:
im thinking of changing over to support Gold Coast, its defintly easy for me to attend home games instead of Penrith lol, i was hoping they would of been made the 16th team.

*vomits*

DIEHARD

----
Immortal said:
I'm interested to know why GC are suddenly everyones 2nd team

I think it (clamining a team as a 2nd team) often happens when new teams get added to the competiton, people get excited and want to share in the experience.

There is a lot of room for supporting more than just your #1 team, especially with Fox Sports now days, plenty of room to support a few teams to keep an interest in other matches, just not when they play each other of course!

Also you get more worth for your money if you have more than one club interest when you buy Big League and Rugby League Week as well.

I think the introduction of the Gold Coast is especially important to people, because it also officially symbolises the resurrection of rugby league. And maybe after years of other teams having to cope with the strength of the Broncos, a rival team to them interests them.

Of course if you are local to the Gold Coast, it makes even more sense.

Iafeta

Referee
Immortal said:
I'm interested to know why GC are suddenly everyones 2nd team

Cowboys are my second team.

But, for the sake of rugby league, I'd like to see the expansion franchise be a success, and furthermore, give hope to the Orcas, Perth etc that expansion is possible, viable and a realistic dream in the NRL.

Good luck Gold Coast.

Latest posts