What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron Massey Cup 2014

With the season just around the corner, it's time to start discussing the new Ron Massey Cup Season.

I've looked everywhere and Info on the up coming season is as rare as hens teeth. So I have decided to start this thread.

There are members who post in this forum who may have info on the up coming season, eg. Teams competing, coaches, new signings and so on.

I will do my best to post any info I receive.

100yearsRL

Juniors
Paul Metcalf recently manager of Mounties NSW CUP and before that their Bundy Side has moved onto to become manager of the Guildford side

Anyone know the make up of the competition

Which teams are in

when will the draw be released

The season Is under 2 months away

I guess its the same every year with the NSWRL

its a shame that this comp isn't run properly. The draw should have been out when the NSW Cup draw came out. I don't know why the delay. We don't even know which teams will be competing in the upcoming comp.

its a shame that this comp isn't run properly. The draw should have been out when the NSW Cup draw came out. I don't know why the delay. We don't even know which teams will be competing in the upcoming comp.

Totally agree.

The only reason I can come up with is that its semi professional and things happen leading up to the start of the comps. We saw it with St Johns Sydney Shield last year, the draw was out and they pulled their side. Maybe they don't want to have to re-draw at the 11th hour. Or they just don't give a crap about the 2 competitions.

Captain Mulga

Juniors
Totally agree.

The only reason I can come up with is that its semi professional and things happen leading up to the start of the comps. We saw it with St Johns Sydney Shield last year, the draw was out and they pulled their side. Maybe they don't want to have to re-draw at the 11th hour. Or they just don't give a crap about the 2 competitions.

Reason being is that some clubs have a lengthy process for approval so need to allow that to happen before announcing teams.
The draw was given to the clubs several weeks ago and has been undergoing changes that the clubs requested.
Once those are finalised it will be released.
Look to later this week or early next.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Well I know he entrance are included again as they had a piece in the local paper about using less sydney based players this year.

Would a tiered division metro wide comp for sydney club sides work, with the Ron Massey being the premier division of it? Would have 3 divisions of 10 teams, with promotion and relegation. Would at least give a solid and competitive structure to the big and medium sized clubs across sydney. Would weaken district comps I would think but perhaps its time to move away from district comps altogether as the SCCC seems to have been a success viewing from a distance

Last edited:
Reason being is that some clubs have a lengthy process for approval so need to allow that to happen before announcing teams.
The draw was given to the clubs several weeks ago and has been undergoing changes that the clubs requested.
Once those are finalised it will be released.
Look to later this week or early next.

Thats what i was trying to get at, but just couldnt word it right, thanks for clearing it up. Looking forward to the draw.

Is there talk of any new sides this season

MountainMan

Juniors
Campbelltown Eagles to return to the Sydney Shield competition, joining as the feeder team to Wests Magpies RMC

Broncos93

Juniors
Asquith coach Simon Clarke has been doing a lot of recruiting to bolster the depth of the Magpies squad for the upcoming season. At the back end of last year they had a quarter of their Shield side backing up to play Cup, some playing 80 minutes in both. They are entering another senior team into the Manly/North Sydney comp this year, so will have plenty of depth to call on this time around.