What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ron massey cup 2015

alien

Referee
shannon "mighty mouse" gallant will be playing for western suburbs magpies' ron massey cup side in 2015, and john skandalis will be an assistant to the coach, nathan "magic" waters

Blacktown Workers are building nicely for the 2015 season with some very healthy signings added to their roster

The following players have been signed for 2015

William Butler
Sene Tala
Wayne Beh
Stanley Waqa
Fred Latulipe
Alex Seini
Taki Moeakiola
Oliver Gordon
Blake Dunscombe
Sammy Aiga
Nu Akeripa
Troy Errington
Jack Le Hang

I'm also hearing Kingsgrove Colts will not be coached by Jeremy Smith this season but with have Jade Ferguson as a player/coach.

Tigers1986

Juniors
The fixtures for the RMC and Sydney Shield should be out within a week or two. Rumours doing the rounds that the Peninsula Seagulls are replacing The Entrance Tigers in the RMC.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Takai Moeakiola is a good player, was a winger in the NYC a few years ago for Parra then moved into the middle. Definitely where he's more suited to, he's very quick and because of his size he can skittle a few players.

The fixtures for the RMC and Sydney Shield should be out within a week or two. Rumours doing the rounds that the Peninsula Seagulls are replacing The Entrance Tigers in the RMC.

They must have found sponsors. Last i heard they were struggling to make it into Sydney Shield due to financial Issues. Will be great to see them make the step up.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Ugh. The draws for both the RMC and Sydney Shield have been delayed from release due to some issues that have come about. I'd hazard a guess to this being The Entrance withdrawing from the RMC and Peninsula Seagulls not able to plug the gap, making it an 11-team comp. That's a shame.

I'd love to see the RMC gain an Illawarra and/or Sutherland side to really push the comp as something legitimate for those needing to fine tune their skills to get towards NSW Cup level. Would be sweet to see some CRL Group teams in as well, the likes of Bathurst for example.

Shellharbour used to be in the old Jim Beam Cup (RMC), but once the Dragons funding left the club after their jump to NSW Cup, they went back to the Illawarra comp. The only clubs big enough down there would be Collegians or Wests Illawarra.

As for Sutherland, I doubt any of the clubs in that comp have the $$$ to run a team in that comp. None of them have licensed club backing which would make it hard to attract semi-pro players. Sutherland-Loftus looked like a possibility for SS a few years ago, but that died off once money came up.

Looks like Kingsgrove will have to go back to the drawing board with 1 player from last season's squad remaining. That being Jade Ferguson who will captain/coach the side.

Apparently 5 players were graded with 20's teams while others were picked up by the richer clubs.

Its a shame really with the side enjoying their best season last year and looked to be building well under the guidance of Jeremy Smith.

Windsor and Wests will enter the Sydney Shield, but i think Burwood Nth Ryde have withdrawn their shield side. So the comp may consist of 13 teams.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I always wondered how wests newcastle would go in the rmc, they are a powerful club on and off the field.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Peninsula in RMC is what's been reported through some contacts of mine at Wests. They've joined up with Manly to provide a feeder system from the A-grade into NSW Cup and NRL after they've left the 20's.

Was a bit surprised not to see Ryde-Eastwood in either RMC or SS after the Tigers went out on their own in NSW Cup.

Ryde Eastwood are putting a fair bit of cash into the Balmain Junior RL since the Balmain Leagues stopped making a profit.

Probably better use of funds than paying a bunch of Semi pro blokes when the pathways are still there through Wests Tigers and Concord Burwood

Tigers1986

Juniors
Concord-Burwood is not a pathway to Wests Tigers. Concord-Burwood are affiliated with North Sydney.