Ron Massey Cup / Sydney Shield 2017

Discussion in 'NSWRL Competitions' started by Timmah, Dec 24, 2016.

1. runrabbitrun

runrabbitrun Juniors

Is that you Smithy? ;-)

2. imgunawin72

imgunawin72 Juniors

I know of at least one that was contracted to blacktown that went to cabra mate. There were others that were contracted that went to other clubs such as Hills

3. imgunawin72

imgunawin72 Juniors

Believe whatever you like mate

4. runrabbitrun

runrabbitrun Juniors

Contracted players can be let go for numerous reasons. It's semi-pro sport. All clubs do it. An explanation has already been given in an earlier post as to why so many extra players were brought to the club.

Blacktown are a basket case. That's pretty clear. They were before their coach who was sacked came there and they are again.

5. imgunawin72

imgunawin72 Juniors

Ok champ

6. Pantherman72

Pantherman72 Juniors

So what. They were allowed to go to other clubs and not stopped from playing like other clubs do. Get over it.
    Also your posts about 120 players being signed - dribble.
    Boards have to approve and sign all contracts and submit to nswrl - the buck stops with them.

7. Sharkie Army Gorilla

Sharkie Army Gorilla Juniors

This is the best thing I have read on this forum. The above is the 100‰ truth. Believe what you want but those involved in the shit storm know what went down. It's easy to sit there behind a keyboard with an opinion. Which is fine as it creates healthy discussions but when rumours and alike are being thrown around that are completely untrue disgust me.

I would like to see any of you deal with what Pat and his staff were put through at Blacktown after the years of work that was put in there to build that club up, most out of their own pockets. It's a credit to Pat and his staff that they are back in the game. I say good luck to them some of the best blokes u will meet.

8. runrabbitrun

runrabbitrun Juniors

Hey Sharkie Boy, how do you know they put their own money into it? I dont imagine that would be well known by too many people. It's an interesting one.

Know of any other clubs where coach or staff have done this? Kingsgoive were perhaps one? Any others? ;-)

9. imgunawin72

imgunawin72 Juniors

Ok champ

10. Sharkie Army Gorilla

Sharkie Army Gorilla Juniors

I know for a fact that at least two other Ron Massey Club coachs put alot of money into the teams they coach.

The disappointing thing is people don't realise the dollars Pat and his staff put into building a gym and supplying all the equipment for that gym upgrading the sheds and much more. It disgusts me the way they were shown the door.

11. runrabbitrun

runrabbitrun Juniors

Yep Blacktown certainly screwed them over. It' a shame, but good people bounce back!

12. runrabbitrun

runrabbitrun Juniors

Personally, though, I don't agree with coaches putting their own money in but sometimes there's no choice. What should NEVER be allowed, is for players to know this. It skewers the relationship and gives that coach an influence he shouldn' have. It also makes for non-real evaluation of themselves and others.

13. rightleftin

rightleftin Juniors

Zac Wedesweller has moved from Cabramatta SS to Group 6 Premiers, Campbelltown City.

14. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

15. IN THE KNOW

IN THE KNOW Juniors

no big loss for Cabramatta only plays 10 mins anyway, See Cabra started pre season yesterday. Hope Yatesy can handle the interfering board and let him run it his way with the staff he wants.

16. kbw

kbw Juniors

I think winning the RM will give him a fair bit of flexibilty

17. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

18. IN THE KNOW

IN THE KNOW Juniors

Dont be to sure , I know the previous coach had butted heads with the board for 2 years , and its the same board