What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron Massey - What do they get paid?

Ojlovednicole

Juniors
I've always been curious what the Ron Massey players get paid to play.
Its a semi pro comp, not far removed from the NRL, its the third tier and numerous players such as matt utai have jumped from this comp to NRL and back.

I was told 10 grand a year back in 1998, by an unreliable source, but im very curious if that rings true.

I also wonder why we dont see more ex NRL players in this comp? someone who got axed after 80 games would surely be in demand for this comp.

rightleftin

Juniors
I've always been curious what the Ron Massey players get paid to play.
Its a semi pro comp, not far removed from the NRL, its the third tier and numerous players such as matt utai have jumped from this comp to NRL and back.

I was told 10 grand a year back in 1998, by an unreliable source, but im very curious if that rings true.

I also wonder why we dont see more ex NRL players in this comp? someone who got axed after 80 games would surely be in demand for this comp.

Your figure sounds about right but would not have changed much in 15 to 20 years. A mate who played 4 games in 1st grade got 10 grand in 1991 at St Marys. Prior to 2003, some clubs had more than a dozen players who had appeared in 1st grade but then Peter Mulholland designed a points system to dumb the comp down so very few 1st graders now.

There are a few exceptions, like ex NSW origin prop Ryan O'Hara last year.

kbw

Bench
Its usually per game with a difference amount for a win v loss.

Some clubs play a hell of a lot more than others, it is not consistent.

Broncos93

Juniors
Its usually per game with a difference amount for a win v loss.

Some clubs play a hell of a lot more than others, it is not consistent.

Windsor pay around $600, Kingsgrove give their players $50 a win. Big variation.

Some of the clubs have big leagues clubs behind them which makes a difference. $50 a win at Kinsgrove is obviously zero.

parra_jesus

Juniors
I played bundy cup 3 years ago for saint john eagles, then aurburn warriors. I was just a very average player at that level and was contracted for $250 a game. Lump pay sum. Authur little was our "marquee " signing while at the Eagles and was the highest paid that year , on $800 a game. Heka nania a former bulldogs player was on around $600 a game.

Latest posts