What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the year

Rookie of the year?

• Peter Wallace

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Matthew Cross

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

choc_soldier

Coach
Only two this year, be interesting to see your thoughts...

* Peter Wallace (debut v Raiders, Round 17)
* Matthew Cross (debut v Cowboys, Round 20)

choc_soldier

Coach
I went for Wallace - even though it was just the one game, he seemed to give the impression that he belonged there, and looks the goods to be Presto's replacement.

Cross had a great season too, and he'll be definitely in JL's plans next year.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Wallace only played one game so its sort of an unfair ballot. Matt Cross has definently proved himself more so he gets my vote but I have seen losts of good things from Wallace and expect he will be our replacement for Presto in 2007 so he's got a big wrap on him.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Matthew Cross by a mile! Why because he somehow managed to put the go forward into the forwards. He made an impact.

choc_soldier

Coach
PK said:
Matthew Cross by a mile! Why because he somehow managed to put the go forward into the forwards. He made an impact.

Definitely. Once he came in, we started winning games.

Coincidence? I think not! :lol:

richie8u

Juniors
i think its pretty bad that in a year we only had 2 rookies, wallace played 1 game and cross only at the end of the year, surely we have more good young players, why weren't they used??

Panthers_Gurl

First Grade
Hmm its a tough one, i remember the raiders game well when wallace was on debut he was great that day and cross was also very good
I think ill go cross

Caged Panther

First Grade
speaking of wallace, and getting ahead of ourselves a bit, if he is Presto's replacement how will it influence our style of play.

choc_soldier

Coach
richie8u said:
i think its pretty bad that in a year we only had 2 rookies, wallace played 1 game and cross only at the end of the year, surely we have more good young players, why weren't they used??

We had Franze make his debut for Penrith this year, but he'd played FG before for the Sharks.

Apart from him, Cross and Wallace, everyone else had something under their belts.

Big Mick

Referee
Caged Panther said:
speaking of wallace, and getting ahead of ourselves a bit, if he is Presto's replacement how will it influence our style of play.

I think Wayne Bond would be in line as well.

If he plays....then it wouldn't change that much.

I see Wallace as a smart footballer...I think he'd be good.

cainen

Juniors
Caged Panther said:

He looks like he enjoys spreading the ball wide so hopefully we'll see our backline used a fair bit.