What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the Year

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Might already be a thread on this, if so mods do what you need to do.

Contenders?

Nick Cotric from the Raiders (yes the bloke from my team) has been exceptional so far, albeit with a few small issues to fix up going forward.

Clifferd

Coach
Moses Suli from the Tigers

Been great in his debut at just 18 years old, don't think he'll win it but I've personally been impressed with him.

Clifferd

Coach
Nah he wasn't.

I don't see another rookie in the same league as Cotric in 2017 tbh. He's the rookie of the last 5 years IMHO. He's comparable to Inglis at the same age.

No way. Jack Bird is the best rookie of the last 5 years

But I agree Cotric is probably the best this year

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Can't think of too many rookies who have gotten an extended go.

Cotric, Brailey, CHN, and Kelly are the only 4 that immediately spring to mind.

Cleary/Bird/Taylor. All better in the last 5 years.

Cos 2 of those guys are halfbacks, the other is destined for 5/8....and Cotric's a mere winger?

Cotric plays his position better than most rookies I've seen over the past several years.

IMHO Cotric's a better winger in 2017 than Ash Taylor or Nathan Cleary were halfbacks in 2016.

IMHO Cotric's a better winger in 2017 than Jack Bird was a utility in 2015.

If you're comparing a 2017 Taylor, Bird or Cleary to a 2017 Cotric, that's a different story.

Cotric's the one shining light of our awful season.

Latest posts