What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROOS V ALL BLACKS

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
If there so much interest from sponsors in Japan the NRL should do their due diligence and ask for a list of backers for the game.. Then politely decline Hybrid Rugby and go to those backers with an NRL/Origin/Internarional game proposal..

Very much doubt there is much truth to it though.

Sounds more like a promoter trying to push the idea than an actual examination of the lay of the land...

Teddyboy

First Grade
Ever noticed that the rules for these hybrid rugby games always read as basically a game of Union except you play league when you're attacking in your half of the field. Why would you want to stifle the most exciting part of RL (attacking your oppositions line) for unions boring rucking and playing for penalties.

If I was writing a hybrid game it'd basically be modern RL (six tackle sets, 13 a side, 6 points for a try, 2 for a conversion, etc) with mauling, contested scrums, and line-outs chucked in.
The simplicity and intensity of RLs' attacking and defending play added with the ball being (almost) constantly contested and the added tactical play that creates of union, it'd be the best of both worlds.
That might bring the codes together.

Travitoh

First Grade
Usually anything with the word hybrid means its generally sh...t

images

Not always

81iC+O0ec2L._SY355_.jpg

adamkungl

Immortal
If I was writing a hybrid game it'd basically be modern RL (six tackle sets, 13 a side, 6 points for a try, 2 for a conversion, etc) with mauling, contested scrums, and line-outs chucked in.

Pretty much this.

Worth noting that a "Hybrid" Rugby with rules somewhere in the middle would be something very close to Rugby League before limited tackles era.

Anyway this rubbish comes up every offseason. Don't see either game having the appetite to promote the other or risk their top athletes being embarrassed. The promoter is full of shit as is any media that seriously entertains the idea.

Coparugby

Juniors
Stupid idea. I’ve seen it played and it’s not a good look.

They essentially switch rules depending on what half the attacking team is in.

Nerd

Bench
Should never happen. Pretty hard to see any clubs letting their very highly paid employees risk being hurt in a one off game that they get nothing out of. I can't see anything positive in this for Rugby League and just gives Union a free leg up. Would be a carve up anyway. Anyone who has played both games will tell you how slow Union is compared to League. Use Brad Thorn as an example, he was struggling with the pace of the game at the Broncos so retired and went to Union and then played on for years with the all blicks.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Stuff this Rugby Lunion crap. They ain't the same and we all seem to like it that way, been good for 122 odd years now, you'd think we'd be used to it all by now.

kdalymc

Bench
yep. the world is confused as to what we mean by "2 rugbys" so lets confuse them even more.. f**kkkkkkkkk

Latest posts