What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters are Ordinary!

im worried about our attack faltering. I mean how can a team go from not scoring from the 10 m line to absolute scoring at will in a few months??????? It takes at least a few matches for the new players to gel into any team. WTF

You think it may have something to do with having a genuine halfback and not some plodder with number 7 accidentally sewn onto his jumper?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Wether you win pretty or win ugly the point is you still win and get the 2 points.
This was the Roosters yesterday, ordinary, yes but they still got the 2 points.
They are sitting 5th on ladder 1 game behind the Warriors (when we beat them today) far from ordinary. With 17 rounds to go they will click, lets hope thats not anytime soon.
Ordinary would best describe the Dogs IMO.

mw10371

Juniors
What I found most interesting was Robinson's comments in the post match presser regarding how pleased he was that his team kept them to nil....despite have to defend 52 tackles from within their 20.

While ordinarily that would be a huge feat, the bulldogs had absolutely nothing in the way of attack. They were woeful. Worse than our 2016 efforts by far. Despite actually getting over the line a couple of times.

So while the Rooters defended ok, I'm not sure it'll be enough for our renewed creativity. Definitely took a lot out of them too. Might hurt them with the short turnaround.

All that being said....we are yet to play our game.

getsmarty

Immortal
Personally I think these type of thread titles are unnecessary. All it does is invite trolls and @ the end of the day, no game is a given win. Lets just take things a week @ a time and not get ahead of ourselves. That being said, love your enthusiasm Mickeylane.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Ahh the Illawarra socks, the perennial April premiers. I'll be laughing on ANZAC day to see the Roosters put in their best performance of the year to give your April premiers a touch up. Nothing surer.

Congratulations for the post of the year.
We've have taken your name & photo details and screen printed them onto your very own T-shirt.
image.skreened-t-shirt.heathered-royal.w460h520b3z1.jpg

Crush

Coach
Maybe Agar the new pommy coach has had something to do with our improved attack. The improvement is out of sight this year and Mary seems to be a lot less nervous because of it. Let's hope our fitness staff have learned from last season and prepared a program to keep our forwards free of fatigue.
Nothing has changed except the roster.
The reason our attack looks so good is because of Ben Hunt. Do you remember Josh McCrone? He wasn't first grade material let alone a starting halfback. Because he was do ordinary it put all the pressure on Widdop and that ruined our attack. Now we have a halfback and an in form widdop.
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COACHES OR COACHING. Its all about the roster.

Frank Facer

First Grade
The reason our attack looks so good is because of Ben Hunt. Do you remember Josh McCrone? He wasn't first grade material let alone a starting halfback. Because he was do ordinary it put all the pressure on Widdop and that ruined our attack. Now we have a halfback and an in form widdop.
All true.

Add having Dufty at fullback, instead of Dugan too. I also think Simms in an upgrade on Thompson too.

giboz71

First Grade

100%

3 key members of our spine have been added in the last 1-2 years. Suddenly we can score points.

McInnes has replaced Rein
Dufty has replaced Dugan
Hunt has replaced McCrone/Benji

Our old spine had the combined creativity of a spud with half the intelligence.

Chalk and cheese. What a relief to finally have a footy team with you know.....footy players.

Not even Mary can make this team look bad.

Latest posts