What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters Player Movements For 2010

Master Rooster

Juniors
I personally think M Aubusson is great in the centres. The problem is (and this is an issue of balance), that we don't have another centre, who has that flair and speed. If we had someone of the likes of Jennings or Lawrence as one centre, then having someone like M Aubusson as the other centre provides great balance to the team

M Aubusson isn't the problem. Our problem is the other centre. this may be solved with the inclusion of Williamson later in the year

Halycon

Juniors
I personally think M Aubusson is great in the centres. The problem is (and this is an issue of balance), that we don't have another centre, who has that flair and speed. If we had someone of the likes of Jennings or Lawrence as one centre, then having someone like M Aubusson as the other centre provides great balance to the team

M Aubusson isn't the problem. Our problem is the other centre. this may be solved with the inclusion of Williamson later in the year

I'm inclined to agree. I think Roosters fans have simply become complacent with a lack of flair out in the centres for a few seasons now, we should be looking for geniune speed and finishers rather then consistent plodders.

Williamson, despite his impressive YouTube video, has barely played U' 20's let alone established himself as first grade quality.

Master Rooster

Juniors
I'm inclined to agree. I think Roosters fans have simply become complacent with a lack of flair out in the centres for a few seasons now, we should be looking for geniune speed and finishers rather then consistent plodders.

Williamson, despite his impressive YouTube video, has barely played U' 20's let alone established himself as first grade quality.
I agree. Should have chosen my words wisely. 'Later in the future'. Had he not have broken his jaw a few weeks ago, he would be playing first grade by now. But I can't see him playing firsts this year, unless they really want to fast track him

I've still gotta disagree mate. I think M.Aubs is probably our best choice at centre as it stands, he can certainly defend and read a play well, but he simply doesn't have the flair or speed that other sides centres offer. I'd compare him to a Ben Smith insofar as he just seems to be a talented backrower playing wider.

Inu, i'm not entirely sure on either as he's currently a fringe first grader, but essentially beggers cant be choosers.

The last time we looked at speed (Roberts) we got the effort, but f*cked over an awful lot of tries. Aubusson has decent amounts of speed with him. He's great at centre, and I still see no point moving him, even if we stock on centres and loosen up the back row.

But I agree with you on Inu, he does look disinterested at Parramatta so I don't know what he'd be like here...

Aubusson has proven himself as a genuine finisher in the centres. The only reason we've had a lack of flair in recent time is because he has been out. He reminds me a lot of Bowman at his best, he does exactly what he needs to.

I know what you mean about Williamson, at the moment we're all just hoping for him though.

Geohood

Bench
Perrett at left centre and Williamson on the right is a potential long term option for us. I could see it working but who knows with Williamson.

1. Mini
2. Waqa
3. Perrett
4. Williamson
5. SKD

You can never really predict what will happen though.

JT_

Juniors
For now, we'd be better off with Tansey at centres with Sa and Perrett to fullback. Not that Tansey is bad at all it's just that Perrett is a gun at the back.

The Business

Juniors
Typical, finally shows a bit of form in the second row after putting up with his sh*t in the centers the previous 2 years and he signs with a new club.
You consider his effort against the Storm as showing "form". Man, I was ready to explode after his lapse to let in the Storm for a soft try.

Good riddance if you ask me.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
If you read my later post I note his rushing out of defence a downside to his game, however I like the way he is running the ball up. He is running it harder than any other player in our team at the moment, plus he hasn't been giving away stupid penalties or making as many dumb mistakes that I can remember so yes I say Soliola is in better 'form'.

roosters4life

Juniors
Good Footballers play in 20's and NSW Cup
Great Footballers play first grade
Roosters have good footballers, but need great ones

Monk

Referee
damn, just checked out the roosters website...

Fitzy indeed to hull. from 2010.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Take his cap portion and throw it all at Carl Webb.

You guys could really use a fat lazy forward, be a good buy.

roosters4life

Juniors
Dont worry guys, im sure we bought 3 tongan footballers that will be fringe dumb footballers, and let our best player go, for fitzy wage

aqua_duck

Coach
Dont worry guys, im sure we bought 3 tongan footballers that will be fringe dumb footballers, and let our best player go, for fitzy wage
wasn't it south africans?;-)
Just on a roosters clean out its quite obvious you guys need more mobility in your team, we destroyed you guys around the ruck last night. We'd be making 50m a set from 5 dummy half runs which gave our little men the perfect platform.
I'd be looking at a workhorse backrower to replace Fitzy, someone like Matt Hilder, he's only 95kg but plays above his weight, makes 50 tackles a game and is mobile. I'd also target a smaller, more mobile workhorse prop.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Still attempting humour are we?
Anyways I'm crushed to see Fitzy go.
We owe him an amazing f*cking farewell.

You unfairly judge me sir.

The roosters recently became my 6th team, hence my interest in your forum.

We have some problems, but we have to stay true to our team. They have been through hard times before and will come out stronger again.

I agree we MUST give Fitzy a good farewell, he has been a champion for us, but it will be hard with so many useless tards in our team.

I also think TT is right on the money, Pearce has to go.

I will agree with you there. On both Fitzy and Pearce.
Does anybody remember Fitzy's try against Newcastle in the 2002 finals series?