What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters Vs Bulldogs

Well Well Well, here we go again.

Given the circumstances of having so many representitive players and up against a full strength Canterbury side. How do you think we will go Rooster Boosters?

ozzie

Bench
Canterbury have every right to win this match - they are going tobe no hope if they don't - Canterbury by 8+

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
after last weeks performance, the doggies will be mentally squashed, i expect the roosters to give them a lesoon in footy with Freddy at the helm

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Well Oz I know that the Bulldogs have every right to win this match but they couldnt beat the Tigers last week.

I am expecting the Roosters to give a good showing not unlike last year when we had heaps of players out and the young players played with a lot of commitment and passion.

Not so sure they will beat us, even though they will be out to try and prove the NSW Selectors wrong.

Roosters by enough!!!

Go the ROOOOSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

The Backpacker

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
I am expecting the Roosters to give a good showing not unlike last year when we had heaps of players out and the young players played with a lot of commitment and passion.

So am I 8) . I don't EXPECT them to win - like I do every other week - but if they play well and don't get the 2 points, I'll be content. Watch for a HUGE game from Morley. He made a commitment to have a BIG game after city / country because the boys were backing up. He'll be wanting to go one better with the boys not out there at all. No pressure mind ;-)

TheEye

Juniors
I am quietly confident we can win it tonight..... obviously the regular first graders will all need to fire but some of these kids are probably playing for their rooster futures here (particularly with the reserves going so badly)..... roosters by 4

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
As a bulldogs supporter im actually quite nervous. We are not in good form, but hopefully for us supporters the dogs realise that they hacve to lift if they want to be any great threat. Hopefully Anasta and El Masri will be out to prove a point after missing out on selection into the NSW squad.

yeah, I'm pretty nervous Mr B. I really do think it's going to be a close game. I think if your going to the game, it's going to be awesome, there is real emotion between the supporters and I think it's going to be a fantastic crowd, with both teams fans turning up.

ozzie

Bench
well I got my cold drinks of coke lined up and am looking forward to the game.

I hope its not a walk over (to us) :roll:

Do you think it will be a good crowd HOT - I'm not sure - you know some of our supporters are fickled and when they know we only have a reserve grade side in - they may not come to the game - i reckon 10,000 would be a good crowd.

I only wished I lived in Sydney again.

Oh did I ever tell you where I took my wife on our second date??

To a Bulldogs match - she used to be a fanatical Canterbury supporter - but no longer follows the game..she has to put up with me and my second son roaring the house down on weekends..Go you Roosters go..

Jeeze, Ozzie, I was hoping it would be more incentive to get to the game to give the youngin's some support. While I think this is going to be a difficult match to win, imagine being at the game and watching the debutantes and being able to say you saw their first grade game. I've no idea what the weather is like, raining or whatever. I think the Chookpen will raise hell though :D

The Backpacker

Juniors
ozzie said:
I only wished I lived in Sydney again...

I wish I could get in my car and even drive a few hours to get to a game. $399 return is starting to look like a good price to pay to see the boys live rather than in a little box. :(

ozzie

Bench
well beaten but not disgraced - i thought our regies and others went ok. Good crowd more than i thought - 17,500. A game that the Bulldogs desperately needed to win and they did..but not convincingly.

If I was following them I would have some worries. I know they have two byes to come but at the same time they are getting the byes they need higher placed teams to be losing to gain ground on them.

Anyways - well done Bulldogs.

The Backpacker

Juniors
I'm not happy we lost but I have to say I was impressed with those kids out there last night. I don't think they were well beaten at all. The intensity level and pace of the game would have been a shock to a few systems but they did well to compete the way they did. They lacked a bit of cohesion defensively but thats to be expected with not having played as a unit before.

The dogs had a point to prove and some of those hits out there (appeared) to be pretty brutal but the youngins didn't lie down and play dead. I'm a proud rooster today and look foward to the next game these youngins play. They'll be better for their run last night.