What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rosters and Scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
This is what we are rolling with. Get familiar with it.

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
2 RB/WR/TE
1 DE
1 DT
1 DE/DT
3 LB
1 CB
1 S
1 CB/S

17 starters + 17 bench players.

2 Development Squad players - these are players that you can hold onto and develop, they do not count towards your squad total or your salary cap. More on this later.

3 IR slots.

Last edited:

zombie jesus

Staff member
Capture.jpg

Capture1.jpg

Scoring for offensive players is pretty standard PPR style.

IDP scoring is adjusted for the different position groups. This brings the value of IDPs close to the offensive side of the ball. It also balances out the IDPs so one position group isn't greatly more valuable than another.

Last edited:

kurt faulk

Coach

Good stuff man. I like that you have passes defended in this league. Could never understand why flea flicker didn't have that option.

Just to clarify, so a tackle for a loss is worth 1.5 points plus the tackle points? Also happy this is included as it is just as important as a sack.

zombie jesus

Staff member

Good stuff man. I like that you have passes defended in this league. Could never understand why flea flicker didn't have that option.

Just to clarify, so a tackle for a loss is worth 1.5 points plus the tackle points? Also happy this is included as it is just as important as a sack.

Yeah that's how the tackle for a loss works.

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah ZJ has done a great job, I believe under this scoring format last year you had around 70 IDPs in the top 200 scorers overall, I think that's a good mix

nick87

Coach
Whats the plan re contracted length?
If everyone is assigned the same number of years, it's going to make FA a bit of a shit fight

with 34 players, ideally you'd like to be able to stagger it but giving each owner say:

8x 5 year deals
8x 4 year deals
6x 3 year deals
6x 2 year deals
6x 1 year deals

And let the owners assign them as they see fit (that way you can spend a ton on AP if you like, but maybe assign him a 2 year deal given his age), the double edged sword being that you might take a flier on an UDFA, give him a 1 year deal and the guy winds up being Arian Foster and you've got to pay market for him the following season

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
We did discuss the option of a contract cap, where each team has a limited number of contract years to assign across their roster.

zombie jesus

Staff member
We are going to go with an overall Iimit of 80 years.

You can sign whoever to whatever length (up to 5 years) as long as you don't have more that 80 years in total for your roster.

kurt faulk

Coach

i noticed that the offensive players aren't rewarded if they fumble recover for a td. i'm sure there will be a few of those every season.

and no players are rewarded for return tds.

i feel they should be included because nobody wants to see their player score a td yet get zero points from it.

abpanther

Staff member
I don't think you can make that change now for return yards/TDs given the draft is well underway, I prefer to not have games decided by a kick off return

kurt faulk

Coach

I didn't say return yards, only tds.

Also, if an offensive player scores a td off a fumble recovery his owner has every right to expect 6 points for it.

zombie jesus

Staff member
It is what it is. Changes can be made next off season, whatever is in the rules suggestions thread (massive hint) will go to a vote before we kick off the rest of the off season activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.