What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 (2009) BLUEBAGS v TITANS

Dragon_psa

First Grade
What a cracker of a game! Easy to see why these two teams contested the big one last year. Every other team has their work cut out for them for sure. I'd hate to be having to ref this one. Good luck all (a bit more to my old chums at the Bags though!)

Pistol

Coach
hi guys

i'll deliver some marks later. either tonight or tomorrow morning. had a little mishap at touch footy on sunday. in the process of scoring my second try broke my left shoulder. nice way to go out.....

Drew-Sta

Staff member
hi guys

i'll deliver some marks later. either tonight or tomorrow morning. had a little mishap at touch footy on sunday. in the process of scoring my second try broke my left shoulder. nice way to go out.....

Dude, no rush. Trying to use the red pen when you have a broken shoulder is a big effort.

Seriously, get better soon mate :)

Titanic

First Grade
I hope it repairs quickly.

No rush mate and I must admit the imagery of you sitting back, surrounded by cushions, straw in your stubby, marking with pen poised between toes is strangely prophetic with the position I will be taking at 23:30 tonight (China time - that's 02:30 yours) to watch the delayed telecast of the Tigers/Roosters match. Titans replay is 09:30 tomorrow morning so I will not be online at all :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
hi guys

Broken shoulder and you're still ready to run on with the whistle. Don't know what to say, amazing effort. :thumn

In my day, we used to break both shoulders deliberately just to give the nose a real workout.

Black Kitty

Juniors
I agree with the rest of the guys Pistol... no rush at all.
just get better ok :D
(but make sure you milk it for all it's worth first ;-))

... and thanks Non Terminator, nice of you to say :D

Pistol

Coach
Baggers

Willow with The Skull = 85

An interesting read on a character who can only be described as an anti-hero. A couple of minor errors but a decent read and a fair first hitup.

Rexxy with Something Keeps Dragon Me Back = 88

A nice witty tale of what supporting your team through thick and thin means. A thunderous finish at the end.

Gorilla with The Big Punt = 90

I got a decent chuckle out of this. I liked the description in this piece coupled with the humour and a good ending culminated in a whole hearted chortle to round out a good read.

Black Kitty with Drink. Drunk. The difference is U = 85

Prohibition would be easier than asking many of the blokes in the NRL to stay off the piss. The message and opinion you presented is clear and concise and was a good read.

Drewsta with Anything you can do = 91

Well constructed piece and an ending that was built on suspense.

Titans

TitanUranus with Betrayal = 84

Where is loyalty? The writer discusses this in this article. Structurally sound but I felt it lacked any flair to put it over with the style in which it was written.

Amadean with Bombay Boozer = 86

Ap Kaseho? Kya mei apke mudad kar sakte ho…. (Yes I know a fair bit of Hindi. I work with a few guys and girls from India and I have learnt a bit off them… but I am off on a tangent….)

Informative and delivers a cultural perspective on another country and the writers fix for sport and league. Solid work.

Tits&tans with Rugby League: Art or Science? = 87

An interesting take on how the game is perceived. Solid work but I felt that the writer was holding back a tad. Nevertheless, top notch work.

TitsAnonymous with Musings of a Footy Widow = 91

I really enjoyed this one. Humour, good descriptions, good structure all spliced together to form one great article and one that managed to extricate a few laughs from this old dog.

Titanic with Gazpacho & Paella = 90

Definitely a noodle scratcher as it was not the type of article we see every day. Unique and well thought out and yet one can identify so much with the ideas presented.

Bags defeat the Titans
439-438

POTM Drewsta and TitsAnonymous

LeagueNut

First Grade
blah-grumpy.gif

Backpacker Points

3 points - Drew-Sta (Bluebags) & TITsANonymouS (Titans) :clap:
2 points - gorilla (Bluebags) & Titanic (Titans) :thumn
1 point - Rexxy (Bluebags) :mrgreen:

For any rookies - click here to find out about Backpacker points.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Well done to all, top notch match!

Cheers to Pistol for the shared honours.

gorilla

First Grade
hoo-ee !
a very close 'Bags win, led by D'sta !

Congrats to Titan's TitsA & D'sta.

good reads all around, loved hearing about the Skull again - will see him mooching around on Sunday, and enjoyed Titanic's ride on a spanish tiger.

thanks Ref, under unbelievable circumstances, thank you ball-gatherers and providers.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Tremendous match. :clap:

Thanks ref for shouldering the responsibilty.

Great work 'bags and especially Drew on the shared POTM. Congrats too to TitsAnon. Comissus to Titans, we'll keep the Sandy Crack Cup warm for youse.

Black Kitty

Juniors
Thanks for the marking Pistol.
Hope you feel better soon :D

Congrats fellow Baggers! *cheers*
Comiserations Titans... that was one well fought round

Titanic

First Grade
The continuation of fine contests between our clubs leaves nothing but a good feeling as we can now look forward to our next meeting. Congratulations 'Bags, keep the SCC warm because we will certainly be returning to rescue her from your "dastardly" clutches :)

TA - well done on your first outing and Drew-Sta I've got to say your article was superb... entertaining and evocative (wish I'd thought of it).

Heads up team, the wake-up call has been delivered.

Thanks Pistol for your effort and for removing the monkey from our back.

Titan Uranus

Juniors
Waaaaaaaah! That <sniff> was my <sniff> lowest <sniff> score ever. Congratulations to Drew-sta, good article. Although sadden by own score it was a good game and I'm also happy to learn that the big kick off didn't cause untold damage.