What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1, 2017, full strength

Meth

Staff member
yep- thought not sure on Hingano. Could be Lolohea, Roache, Sipley, Tevaga in that impact role.

Blair

Coach
What might it look like, now that Foran is here...

1- RTS
2- Fusitua
3- Ayshford
4- Kata
5- Vatuvei
6- Foran
7- Johnson
8- Matulino
9- Luke
10- Vete
11- Thompson
12- Hoffman
13- Mannering

Res- Lisone, Lillyman, Sipley, HIngano

I like that.

As usual a very strong side on paper. I'm really hoping for a new signing, a starting forward, though.

JJ

Immortal
Really not getting why so many are wanting to persevere with the 3 80min back rowers - to me we really need three genuine middle forwards. Thompson is a good player, but I am hoping Kearney is thinking balance and getting more mins and more metres from the real middle forwards

Meth

Staff member
Really not getting why so many are wanting to persevere with the 3 80min back rowers - to me we really need three genuine middle forwards. Thompson is a good player, but I am hoping Kearney is thinking balance and getting more mins and more metres from the real middle forwards

Totally down with Thompson playing less minutes and from the bench

Leber

Bench
1 RTS
2 New Winger
3 Ayshford (or new centre)
4 Kata
5 Fusitua
6 Foran
7 Johnson
8 Lillyman
9 Luke
10 Vete
11 Thompson
12 Hoffman
13 Mannering

14 Lolohea
15 Afoa
16 Matulino
17 Sipley

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
We're paying big bucks for Manu and currently still offers something so I'm happy with him.
There's been nothing wrong with our back row this year and in fact, both Hoffman and Thompson will be lickingtheir lips - Hoffman now has a half who can straighten up defences and create space, and Thompson now has SJ all to himself on the other side, and weve all seen how good that combo can be.
Definitely happy to go with a 4 forward bench, and happy for Afoa/Lisone to take minutes off of Hoff and Thompson.
Still were one prop short....

1 RTS
2 New Winger
4 Kata
5 Fusitua
6 Foran
7 Johnson
8 Lillyman
9 Luke
10 Vete
11 Thompson
12 Hoffman
13 Mannering

14 Lolohea
15 Afoa
16 Matulino
17 Sipley

Good team however if Kata continues to be a ball hog I would switch our best finisher that is Fusitua on Ayshfords side who knows how to draw and pass.

JJ

Immortal
ive noticed everybody is leaving Gubb out from their 17s
lovable character but hope Kearney leaves him out of the top side
Good point... that 17 metres from 4 hit ups, and 2 shoulder charges really lifts they boys - missed him in our epic charge to the line... I am with you

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

I'm more coming from an angle of what will probably happen. Simon's going to play nigh on 80, and Hoffman probably is too. So Thompson is the one that gets rotated, and Afoa showed he's capable of filling that bench spot.

ive noticed everybody is leaving Gubb out from their 17s
lovable character but hope Kearney leaves him out of the top side

I'd leave him out of my 25.

Matua

Bench
1 RTS
2 New Winger
4 Kata
5 Fusitua
6 Foran
7 Johnson
8 Lillyman
9 Luke
10 Vete
11 Thompson
12 Hoffman
13 Mannering

14 Lolohea
15 Afoa
16 Matulino
17 Sipley
You're going to make the same blunder Cappy did in the first game of this season? Bonkers.

Leber

Bench
You're going to make the same blunder Cappy did in the first game of this season? Bonkers.
How is that Bonkers? With all the weight hes lost, Ben isn't effective as yet.

Needs to start on the bench imo.

Matua

Bench
How is that Bonkers? With all the weight hes lost, Ben isn't effective as yet.

Needs to start on the bench imo.
Sheesh, if you believe Cappy's excuses.

The new season is nearly 6 months away, he could easily put on this 'supposed' weight in that time.

Cappy ballsed up Matulino from day one when he benched him until the game was already over.

Latest posts