What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Dragons v Broncos at Kogarah

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Team performed really well. Hunt & Widdop looked much better than I expected.
Pleasantly surprised by Aitken.
The disappointment is Lafai being careless in attack & defence and Mann getting about 5 minutes. That sh*t has to stop. Hurt us last year and we don’t need it again.

LG, l think your being too kind.
Lafai is friggin useless in every department.
He’s our 2018 McCrone.
It will take Mary 9 months to drop him.
Anyway.... we won, love it!

Frank Facer

First Grade
Games are won on the field. Bennett hasn't got the cattle. I am not going to praise Mary either.

Gould and Vautin were both wrapping Aitken big time, Vautin even suggesting that he could be an origin prospect. I am shaking my head in disbelief at Gould's and Vautin's praise of Aitken. Aitken should have passed the ball to Nightingale when he scored. I don't think Aitken passed the ball to Nightingale once the whole night.

Lafai is crap.

Nightingale is too slow.

I am now want us to give McDonald a run at centre, with Lomax the other centre.

I want DeBelin picked for Origin this year, but they will most likely pick Jake Trbojevic.

I was very happy with McInnes tonight.

It is great to finally have a decent halfback.

Dufty didn't do anything wrong.

Bench
What a difference with Hunt in the side. Hunt is worth every penny. Graham played well. No side is going to push our forwards around anymore.
Aitken best game in a long time.
LAM. Nothing but praise for him.
Forwards all played well.
Watching Nightingale score that try really scared me. That looked really bad the way he landed.
Our spine is going to be amongst the best in league.
Mann. Three minutes off the bench. Not good enough.
Dufty didn’t do anything wrong.
Lomax should get a run from the bench. He is good enough and has a lot to offer either on the wing or Lafaii’s spot

Lafai is rubbish, Nene isn't far behind him, thier defensive errors will lose us game this year.

Hunt/Widdop looked good.
Need to get Dufty so clean ball.
Leluia just isn't fit.
Aitken played well.
All the forwards looked great with the exception of Latimore, I don't see anything there.

Some great signs, but the Broncos were a bit rubbish.

gitano

Juniors
Games are won on the field. Bennett hasn't got the cattle. I am not going to praise Mary either.

Gould and Vautin were both wrapping Aitken big time, Vautin even suggesting that he could be an origin prospect. I am shaking my head in disbelief at Gould's and Vautin's praise of Aitken. Aitken should have passed the ball to Nightingale when he scored. I don't think Aitken passed the ball to Nightingale once the whole night

It's obvious why he's got wraps on him. The average fan looks for different things in what makes a player quality. I truly believe it's a product of years of dumbed down commentary on the game. The average fan is really watching a different game to what coaches etc are

Hills Dragon

Juniors
I have to agree with Red V For Life. The whole team played well with the possible exception of Lafai, and I’m still not sold on McDonald. I think Lafai has to make way for Mann. He’s consistently one of our best 3/4’s, and Lafai’s had about 12 good games in 3 years.

I’m actually excited about this year, as i think it’s potentially our best spine and best pack since 2011. Dufty looks the goods and will just get better, McInnes is a machine and he also looks to have added some variety to his game, Hunt looks like he could be our best buy in living memory, and Widdop should push his game to a new level whilst playing with Hunt.

I must say I was so happy to see Aitken play well, as he’s potentially a very good player who hasn’t consistently shone yet, but it will be a relief if he finds some consistency and locks up that centre spot. I’m glad I chucked some money on the Dragons to make the 8.

Old Timer

Coach
Happy to put my hand up and say I over estimated the Bronco's and under estimated our team.
A good first up effort and looked much more composed in 2nd half.
A few take aways for me.
1. Aitken should have passed and I suspect wouldn't have got away with it against Storm, Roosters, Cowboys.
2. Intercept was good fortune and probably a body blow for them.
3. Sims looked as we thought, less effective after being edge then pushed to middle.
4. LAM simply outstanding.
5. Mann looked incredibly sharp in his little cameo at lock almost giving us an extra 5/8 to attack with.
6. God help us if we need a FG.
7. Mc Innes very much more effective was good with his DH darts.
8. Lafai well what can you say.

Gareth67

First Grade
What a terrific first up win , the boys played some very good football and will only get better . What about Ben Hunt ? He really showed what he is capable of with those probing runs of his - certainly our gain and most certainly the Broncos big loss , he has left a huge hole in the Brisbane side ( not that I give a damn ) .

Congratulations to all the players tonight and also a big congratulations to all of those die-hard Dragon fans who attended our first win of 2018 and Changa's farewell tribute - You done him and the team proud !