What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 V Eels

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Finally we get to see the real thing. After reading more on LU forums than I read of the Fire and Ice series, we get to watch and discuss some footy.

The team for round 1 V Eels will be announced on Tuesday. I think it will be much like the team that played the Bulldogs trial.

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Dean WHARE
4. Waqa BLAKE
5. DWZ
6. James MALONEY
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Peter WALLACE (c)
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Isaah YEO
12. Viliame KIKAU
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Tyrone PEACHEY
15. Sam MCKENDRY
16. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
17. James FISHER-HARRIS

What team do you think we will start with?

OldPanther

Coach
Finally we get to see the real thing. After reading more on LU forums than I read of the Fire and Ice series, we get to watch and discuss some footy.

The team for round 1 V Eels will be announced on Tuesday. I think it will be much like the team that played the Bulldogs trial.

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Dean WHARE
4. Waqa BLAKE
5. DWZ
6. James MALONEY
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Peter WALLACE (c)
11. Isaah YEO
12. Viliame KIKAU
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Tyrone PEACHEY
15. Sam MCKENDRY
16. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
17. James FISHER-HARRIS

I think Mckendry will start the year in reserves to get some game time back into him. The rest looks realistic although I'd prefer Katoa on the bench for Peachy and give him some time at Hooker even if limited for development.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think Mckendry will start the year in reserves to get some game time back into him. The rest looks realistic although I'd prefer Katoa on the bench for Peachy and give him some time at Hooker even if limited for development.

I think that would work well. Even if Peachey carries on make him see out the season. Penrith in the past have been far too accomodating to players like him. Do a Bennett, you sign with another club for the following year, spend the rest of your time in ISP (barring injuries.)

Now who says I'm Vindictive ? :D

franklin2323

Immortal

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Dean WHARE
4. Waqa BLAKE
5. DWZ
6. James MALONEY
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Peter WALLACE (c)
11. Isaah YEO
12. Viliame KIKAU
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Tyrone PEACHEY
15. Sam MCKENDRY
16. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
17. James FISHER-HARRIS

I think Browne over McKendry. A few defensive reads were average from Sam. Probably needs a few weeks down. I prefer CHN starting especially if hot. Kikau and Peachey off the bench will cause trouble

franklin2323

Immortal
I think that would work well. Even if Peachey carries on make him see out the season. Penrith in the past have been far too accomodating to players like him. Do a Bennett, you sign with another club for the following year, spend the rest of your time in ISP (barring injuries.)

Now who says I'm Vindictive ? :D

We shouldn't be developing him for another team. I wouldn't start him in any game this year

I think Peachey should play. Yes he's signed for the Titans in 2019 but, in the meantime, he's contracted to us. Therefore, he has an obligation to put his best foot forward for us.

If his form drops, then send him to the reserves.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Peachey has to be in the team somewhere, to say otherwise is plain dumb.

Either in the centres if DWS isn’t fit or on the bench as the utility.

OldPanther

Coach
Peachey has to be in the team somewhere, to say otherwise is plain dumb.

Either in the centres if DWS isn’t fit or on the bench as the utility.

Either way you're taking game time away from someone who'll be here next year and can develop their game.

snickers007

Juniors
Peachey's utility value is far too strong to be ignored at this stage of the season, especially when we have guys like Blake and CHN who may be a bit underdone.

Here's the 17 I'd run out with.
1. Edwards
2. Mansour
3. Whare
4. Blake
5. DWZ / Chrichton
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Tamou
9. Wallace
10. RCG
11. Yeo
12. CHN
13. Merrin
14. Peachey
15. Kikau
16. JFH
17. Leota

Ideally I'd prefer Katoa on the bench over Peachey as a genuine Hooker replacement / ball playing Lock, and I'd also like to see RCG move back to the bench and play 55/60mins straight as per last year. But I think that the early season heat and our match fitness levels aren't up to that yet.

Can't agree with RCG from the bench Yes it worked but he's gone to another level and we can't have that pillow Aussie Jim leading the pack to start games

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah and putting a match winner on the field. How about worrying 2018.
Did you see him in the trials?

They might have only been trials, but he clearly didn't give a shit about anything and was easily our worst player. He has now signed with Titans and players rarely play their best football once they have signed elsewhere.

I believe we should make him stay as cover to Whare/Blake. But I think it would be crazy to have him in our top 17 anymore. Katoa covers hooker/lock and is better defensively. CHN covers centre/second row aswell. Even as depth I would worry Peachey doesn't care about results anymore. The last thing we need is a player doing what Moses did and purposely playing shit to make the coach want to release him.

We're not losing cover to any positions in not having him. I was a huge Peachey fan. But I think the cons outweigh the pros in picking him now.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Some players love trials and some players don’t. Trial form means nothing, players are instructed to preserve their bodies, games are manipulated to put teams into different scenarios to test various defensive / attacking structures.

Literally no point taking any notice from trial form. Injuries are all that matter when it comes to trials.

Tyrone Peachey will give what ever team he’s playing for 100%. He’s a born footy player and hates to lose.

Not picking Peach is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard.