What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1: v Wests Tigers ANZ Stadium @ 8:05pm Fri 3rd Mar

Rabbits20

Immortal
Madge's predicted squad:

1. GI
2. AJ
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Burns
6. Cody
7. AR
8. George
9. Farah
10. Tyrrell
11. Sutton
12. Turner
13. Sam

14. Cook
15. Clark
16. Tom
17. Musgrove

18. Crichton
19. Talakai
20. Rochow
21. Cherrington

I'm Feeling Strong And Fast: Burgess
Words: Lachlan Stewart

Thu 23rd February, 10:00AM

After facing a challenging year in 2016, Rabbitohs front-rower Thomas Burgess will be looking to put the finishing touches on his strong preseason as the upcoming season looms.

Plagued by a knee injury throughout the 2016 season, the English international believes that he is in the best condition of his career with the opening round of the season just around the corner.

“My knee is feeling really good, feeling really strong, really fast, (I’m) feeling the best I’ve felt, so I’m really confident about this year,” said Burgess.

Coming into his fifth season in the NRL, Burgess believes the new training regime that has been implemented during the preseason has played a significant role in his enjoyment and confidence.

“I’ve really loved the new dynamics at training, we’ve got new members of staff that I think have been really good. Our Head of Performance (Paul Devlin) has been really good, so I’m loving it.

“It feels very fresh and there’s a lot of excitement floating around.”

In addition to the praise of training staff, the front-rower also credits a number of new squad members for the excitement and intensity around training.

“We’ve had a few new young players come in and they’ve been pushing the standards very hard at training which is awesome, I’m really excited to see how they do.

“I’m excited for myself to put all of my improvements to the test and have a really consistent year.

“Everyone is just doing their job for the team, I think everyone is really focused on that.”

View the full interview with Burgess in the video player above.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/02/23/i_m_feeling_strong_a.af_news.html

rabbitohs95

Bench
I feel as if we have Musgrove and Tom on the bench that Clark is kind of unnecessary. Hope Crichton gets a spot, he provides good impact off the bench and is one to watch.

R95's predictions;

First Try Scorer: Bryson Goodwin
Fulltime Score: Rabbitohs 25 defeat Tigers 12
Man Of The Match: George Burgess

Rabbits20

Immortal
I feel as if we have Musgrove and Tom on the bench that Clark is kind of unnecessary. Hope Crichton gets a spot, he provides good impact off the bench and is one to watch.

R95's predictions;

First Try Scorer: Bryson Goodwin
Fulltime Score: Rabbitohs 25 defeat Tigers 12
Man Of The Match: George Burgess
I still feel Madge will have Clark there.

If Crichton is in though either Tyrrell, Musgrove or Clark would be 18th man.

I like your first Tryscorer prediction.

Mine:

First try scorer: Goodwin
Full time Score: Souths 28 defeat Tigers 20
Man of the Match: Robbie Farah

Rabbits20

Immortal
Bring on the trolls now please who will have Tyrrell or Turner as man of the match and it won't bloody happen.

Bring on the lols I say.

Pommy

Coach
Bring on the trolls now please who will have Tyrrell or Turner as man of the match and it won't bloody happen.

Bring on the lols I say.

But what if they are? The difference between posters on here is if Goodwin is MoM we will admit it, we don't want him not to be just to prove a point.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Put cook to 5/8 and then put walker at half/back then pick up a real 1st grade forward mid year to accommodate our bench with (4) real 1st grade forwards problem solved unless greinke is a dark horse for our bench before mid year?.......Shadow...
It'd didn't take long at all mate did it!!!!!

Appendicitis.

Surely we can't play dud Kelly Shadow.

1. GI
2. AJ
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Burns
6. Cody
7. Farah
8. G. Burgess
9. Cook
10. Tyrrell
11. Sutton
12. Turner
13. S. Burgess

14. Clark
15. Musgrove
16. Crichton
17. T. Burgess

18. Rochow
19. Kelly
20. Cherrington
21. Jennngs

Rabbits20

Immortal
It'd didn't take long at all mate did it!!!!!

Appendicitis.

Surely we can't play dud Kelly Shadow.

1. GI
2. AJ
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Burns
6. Cody
7. Farah
8. G. Burgess
9. Cook
10. Tyrrell
11. Sutton
12. Turner
13. S. Burgess

14. Clark
15. Musgrove
16. Crichton
17. T. Burgess

18. Rochow
19. Kelly
20. Cherrington
21. Jennngs
Or he could very well take the conservative experienced approach of Sutto at 6 meaning Crichton starts.

1. GI
2. AJ
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Burns
6. Sutton
7. Cody
8. George
9. Farah
10. Tyrrell
11. Crichton
12. Turner