What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1

Rankin will be named next Tuesday for sure because of the stupid new idea that 21 players can be named on the Tuesday.

19 players named 24 hours prior to kick off and final 17 one hour before kick off.

JT will have all other clubs worried when the see Rankin listed right up to an hour before kick off.

We can only hope that the NSW Cup team plays before the NRL team on most weekends but unfortunately, they don not play on Thursday & Friday,

simmo05

Bench
How long has it been since we had an actual goal kicker? We had a couple of good ones in hodgson and caine not to far back

Shredder

Juniors
The bit that shits me is that Taylor was an outstanding goal kicker himself. You would think he would understand the importance of the role.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I have been banging on about the same point Shredder. Taylor was a much better kicker than most half back, either goal kicking or general play yet he fails to pass on these skills. His coaching of this would serve us better than some of the other weird decisions he makes.

Shredder

Juniors
I dont think (from memory) he was ever a kicking coach like Halligan was.....

He might serve us better in that capacity.

Clifferd

Coach
There's a difference between being a good goal kicker and being able to pass on those skills imo.

Some players are just naturally good at goal kicking something you can't really coach

BrotherJim05

Bench
Team I would take into Round 1:
1. Tedesco
2. Nofa
3. Naiqama
4. Idris
5. Suli
6. Moses
7. JLJ (Brooks hamstring injury)
8. Woods
9. MM
10. Grant
11. Lawrence
12. Sue
13. ET

14. Ava
15. Felise
16. Aloai
17. Ballin

18. MCK

I think Naiqama should be given first crack at right centre as he has spent all off season working on combinations with Moses, plus should be given a chance to prove he is capable of defending. Lets be honest, if Naiqama could defend he would be an absolute gun centre. If he fails then MCK should get a crack. Pure and simple.

I want to see Suli blooded on the wing asap. Nofa and Suli will be extremely helpful getting us out of our 20

If Suli is not ready then I would rather see Hunt on the wing as he can kick goals.

Perth Tiger

Bench
My thoughts exactly BJ05.

Would probably include Liddle if he is fit in time but that is looking unlikely

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'm confident of a win but the thing you guys have over us is pure speed and the best way to beat is is trying to go around us, which is what you guys do pretty well. Also the niggle has been pretty good, although I have to say the past few times you've beaten us we've had pretty fairly average squads due to injury.

Excited to see how the contest is next Friday and will be surprised if the winning margin is more than 14 from either team. The gap is closing between the two teams but I like to think we've got a little bit over you, mainly experience wise.

Clifferd

Coach
Souffs aren't a very hard team to beat, match their forwards and minimise Inglis' impact by kicking the ball into the corners and they're pretty easy. That's how we've come away with the chocolates v them last few times

However judged off their charity shield match they remind me of their 2013/14 selves again and it being round 1 who really f**king knows who will win this game

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm confident of a win but the thing you guys have over us is pure speed and the best way to beat is is trying to go around us, which is what you guys do pretty well. Also the niggle has been pretty good, although I have to say the past few times you've beaten us we've had pretty fairly average squads due to injury.

Excited to see how the contest is next Friday and will be surprised if the winning margin is more than 14 from either team. The gap is closing between the two teams but I like to think we've got a little bit over you, mainly experience wise.

last time we beat you when aaron woods was injured, our 5/8 injured himself walking back into the sheds and we got a bloke who was in a suit in the grand stand to come fill in. then our fullback and best player went off injured at halftime. rankin got MOTM.

souths/tigers games arent usually close. i think the average winning margain from the past 5 games is about 20 points.

The great thing about pre season though is everyone has a right to be confident in their teams chances. We're obviously both invested in our respective teams and hoping for the best.

Last edited:

magpie guy

Juniors
Team I would take into Round 1:
1. Tedesco
2. Nofa
3. Naiqama
4. Idris
5. Suli
6. Moses
7. JLJ (Brooks hamstring injury)
8. Woods
9. MM
10. Grant
11. Lawrence
12. Sue
13. ET

14. Ava
15. Felise
16. Aloai
17. Ballin

18. MCK

I think Naiqama should be given first crack at right centre as he has spent all off season working on combinations with Moses, plus should be given a chance to prove he is capable of defending. Lets be honest, if Naiqama could defend he would be an absolute gun centre. If he fails then MCK should get a crack. Pure and simple.

I want to see Suli blooded on the wing asap. Nofa and Suli will be extremely helpful getting us out of our 20

If Suli is not ready then I would rather see Hunt on the wing as he can kick goals.

I would have MCK in the 17 to cover the left side incase Idris is a bit underdone. Essentially having Idris, Lawrence and MCK rotate on that left side. Aloai can cover prop and right side. Ideally we wouldn't have to cover a hooker on the bench.Anyone know any 80 minute hookers of origin quality?

BrotherJim05

Bench
I would have MCK in the 17 to cover the left side incase Idris is a bit underdone. Essentially having Idris, Lawrence and MCK rotate on that left side. Aloai can cover prop and right side. Ideally we wouldn't have to cover a hooker on the bench.Anyone know any 80 minute hookers of origin quality?

We have one but idk if he will be ready round one

BuffaloRules

Coach
Where is Rankin?

You know he is going to be picked somewhere right?

I was confident about this game all off season, but now that I see how the team may look Round 1, Im not too sure....

So did I end up being right and Rankin was selected?

f**k me dead.. this clown is going to be part of Taylors plans for 2017..

I suggest the 10 blokes that post here every week enjoy ignoring him in their weekly side predictions every week and then acting all surprised when he gets named every week..

I cant cop another season of this shyte...

The club can shove their repeated membership renewal calls to me right up their clacker...

Tiger Woody

Juniors
So did I end up being right and Rankin was selected?

f**k me dead.. this clown is going to be part of Taylors plans for 2017..

I suggest the 10 blokes that post here every week enjoy ignoring him in their weekly side predictions every week and then acting all surprised when he gets named every week..

I cant cop another season of this shyte...

The club can shove their repeated membership renewal calls to me right up their clacker...
Dont get too worked up just yet mate.
Lots talk Suli will start in the 21 jersey.
Rancid will drop out....
If that doesnt happen i will be as mad as you....
You can add Edwards to the useless class as well