What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 Sunday 13th May v Dragons @ ANZ Stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think Cook should get the hooking role. He tore us up in the first game and I posted that we needed to nullify him in yesterday’s game. We did not do that.
Thanks mate and I've heard from shitloads of Saints supporters today saying exactly that to me!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rabbitohs star Angus Crichton gives self-assessment of 2018 form after huge performance: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/cf9452a2f91d1e9cb2fc7fe4de531f02

Also, Brandy has said that we're a better side than we were in 2014. While I think it is still too early to say that, we certainly are making great inroads. Just gotta keep it going like I say, that's obviously the challenge.
We gotta get through the origin period unscathed and in decent shape.

Then the real comp begins!

Frank Facer

First Grade
SAINTS are the benchmark so where does that put Sths after today's result!????

Sths are a very,very good side & we can thank SEIBS for bringing out the best in ALL[& I mean all]players!!
They all appear to be playing their natural games & are untethered,NOT like in previous years under Madge's unimaginative style!
COOK goes from strength to strength under Seibs after battling week after week for his spot under Maguire!! An amazing transformation for him.
The twins are now a tower of strength & we need to get them under lock & key if they haven't yet been re-signed.
Mary said the you are the benchmark.

JetRider

Juniors
Mary said the you are the benchmark.
Souths are not as yet the benchmark, nor did I think Saints were. When we reach the level of consistency similar to the Storm, then I am happy to wear the benchmark tag. Souths are playing good footy and deserve the plaudits but we still have a lot of improvement to go. It is tremendous to know that the Burgi twins are still so young and can improve further. Siebold has proven his worth in a very short time and I think will get better, especially with a greater capacity to bring the right players to our club. Finally we can be positive about where we are heading.

CliveC

Juniors
I was not surprised to see Souths beat the Saints convincingly,in the first round they had all the luck and we were a trifle unlucky to lose!
I was not impressed with Saints pack and Souths gave it to them on Sunday,Sims and DeBelin were done well and truly,some are saying DeBelin is a hotshot for SOO.He has been around a long time and has been just a plodder.
He was apparently playing injured on Sunday bu could barely pass the ball?
Angus and Sutts would make a better second row for SOO than those two.
Frizell is another story,so is Graham.
Saints were out coached and outplayed

callmack1

Staff member
Souths are not as yet the benchmark, nor did I think Saints were. When we reach the level of consistency similar to the Storm, then I am happy to wear the benchmark tag. Souths are playing good footy and deserve the plaudits but we still have a lot of improvement to go. It is tremendous to know that the Burgi twins are still so young and can improve further. Siebold has proven his worth in a very short time and I think will get better, especially with a greater capacity to bring the right players to our club. Finally we can be positive about where we are heading.
Agreed. Imo, it's still too early to start labelling some teams as premiership favourites as there's still so much that could happen and as you say, I still don't think we've shown enough consistency just yet as we're yet to win three games in a row.

What's crazy is that we're playing great footy already but still have so much improvement in us as Imo, our attack is still yet to fully click, that must be scary for other teams.

I think we can find some consistency and we can't get ahead of ourselves but if we are consistent, this team can do anything.

CliveC

Juniors
Agreed. Imo, it's still too early to start labelling some teams as premiership favourites as there's still so much that could happen and as you say, I still don't think we've shown enough consistency just yet as we're yet to win three games in a row.

What's crazy is that we're playing great footy already but still have so much improvement in us as Imo, our attack is still yet to fully click, that must be scary for other teams.

I think we can find some consistency and we can't get ahead of ourselves but if we are consistent, this team can do anything.
The big concern is peaking too early!

I was happy with the result but thought that the Dragons played their worst game of the year. You could argue that a good reason for that was that they played as well as we allowed them to play and I think their was some element of that. But I also think that the likes of Hunt and De Bellin were playing injured and had shockers.

I went back and watched the game again yesterday and thought that Cody had his worst game for the year (although you can understand why...) and Gagai was very poor in defense again. Angus and the twins were outstanding, as was Sam. Cook and Reyno were very dangerous off the back of the platform that was laid for them.

So in summary, the Dragons played bad and we were not in peak either but I'll take the chocolates knowing that we have a lot of improvement left in us.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I was not surprised to see Souths beat the Saints convincingly,in the first round they had all the luck and we were a trifle unlucky to lose!
I was not impressed with Saints pack and Souths gave it to them on Sunday,Sims and DeBelin were done well and truly,some are saying DeBelin is a hotshot for SOO.He has been around a long time and has been just a plodder.
He was apparently playing injured on Sunday bu could barely pass the ball?
Angus and Sutts would make a better second row for SOO than those two.
Frizell is another story,so is Graham.
Saints were out coached and outplayed
Dufty bombed a try.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Gagai must improve defensively! Start initiating first contact instead of holding back

callmack1

Staff member
Gagai must improve defensively! Start initiating first contact instead of holding back
He was a bit of a mixed bag last week tbh but I think overall, it was a much improved defensive performance. He made some really good decisions to shut some plays down.

Latest posts