Round 10 V Souths

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by ALSGI, May 7, 2018.

1. ouryears

ouryears Juniors

Dragonssamy, why does any coach think an injured player will play better than a very good ISP replacement?

I am not talking minor injuries, but carrying a bad injury into a game against highly trained athletes who are also smart foitballlers is ridiculous.

Of course you will be found out and found wanting.

People who think they are indespensible make me sick.

And the coaching staff need a kick up up the arse.

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  2. ouryears

ouryears Juniors

What is it with widdop, like the past 3 yrs, as soon as he doesn't have a half back does he go on a big sook and think... well then
    I am not playing either.

Geeze man, stand up and earn your money plus you are the captain for goodness sakes.

Sick of his MIA as soon as his halfback goes down. Might sound harsh but his attitude to me sucks big time.

Great players stand up, not hide in a hole.

3. ouryears

ouryears Juniors

I've been hoping Mary had changed. I have been supporting his new found success.

But on sunday he proved he is still a moron of a coach.

Siebold at Souths and Cleary at the tigers have shown what getting rid of a useless coach and bringing in a smart one will do for you.

His use of the bench, letting injured players play, and his bench selections are useless and have made me realise once again that he is not our man for the job.

I mean this is basic shit he gets wrong.

It's not Mensa stuff.

hewi likes this.
  4. Old Timer

Old Timer First Grade

I sense this comment has been coming for a while (like a hard baked turd that needed a bit of Vas to come out) but we needed a loss and a quiet game from Widdop for you to find a way to do it.
    I am sure you are aware that there is a thread for Widdop maybe it's time for you to open that up and post in there because it is obvious from the above statement that is what you want to.
    We are 8-2 with Widdop playing consistently good football and he is the very least of our problems despite the ugly way we lost to Souths.

Life's Good, dragonssamy61 and ALSGI like this.
  5. ouryears

ouryears Juniors

Nope, it belongs here because it relates to the Souths game OT.
    Who made you the boss?

Widdop is not off bounds as much as you would love him to be.

It's good enough for Nighty, Lattimore, Nene, Dufty to be critiqued, it's good enough for Widdop as well.

In fact more, since he is the captain.

Why is it you would like to put him on the protected species?

Your reference to Vas on anyone who criticises widdop shows your brain cell count is critically low.

Widdop went MIA vs soufs.

Why is that?

I will critique widdop as much as any other player, quit the Vas shit you fool.

He has played well this year, however as soon as his halves partner has an issue, the evidence is there that he throws a tanty.

If you are sweet with that, stop criticising other players as you do.

Crush and saintm like this.
  6. dragonssamy61

dragonssamy61 Bench

Exactly mate

7. Old Timer

Old Timer First Grade

The entire team minus 2 players went MIA against Souths.
    Widdop has 1 average game and you are instantly into him unlike the people I criticise who have been constantly poor and very rarely offer anything.
    By the way you were not commenting on the Souths game you were generalising and trying to drag 3 years worth of your angst up about Widdop so that's why it belongs in the other thread.
    Nothing as snarly as a fox coaxed out of its lair.

ALSGI likes this.
  8. ouryears

ouryears Juniors

Well you are into players who have a bad one too.

The thing with widdop, like Mary, he has had some pretty lean times, and yes, I do expect him to man up when the team needs him as they did on sunday.

I want to see him have a great match with no hunt before I am convinced.

A leader, a captain, an international.

He needs to stand up at critical times.

All great people do.

9. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

Widdop, last year, in a team with no halfback, came 3rd in the Dally M's, and won 5/8th of the year.

Considering we didnt play finals footy, he goes OK.

10. Gomarchin

Gomarchin Juniors

We've had a lot go our way in the first 9 rounds (same squad, no real injuries, rub of green etc.), but the signs were there against the Storm (dropped ball, right side weakness). Let's see how much the coach really has learnt from the last couple of years. The good coaches know the season is a marathon not a 200 metre sprint.

Life's Good, blacksafake and hazzbeen like this.
  11. Bests Golden Boots

Bests Golden Boots Juniors

You mentioned our coach and the word β€œlearnt” in the same sentence, see your mistake there?

blacksafake and Gomarchin like this.
  12. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Juniors

I too was disappointed with Widdop on the weekend. With Hunt playing injured, Widdop should have stepped up and taken on a more dominate role, but he failed to do so. Instead he played his worst game of the season. It had me thinking of 2016. I don't think he is a real leader and never have thought so either, just as I didn't think Creagh was real leader. Maybe James Graham is worth a lot more than what we see him do?

Are leaders born or made?

13. Lovemedragons

Lovemedragons Juniors

Born then groomed. Agree on doubts about Widdop but they're not changing it anytime soon and leaders don't necessarily have to be captain, Graham leads the forwards on the field and Hunt will emerge as the leader of the backs on the field. Widdop can do the toss and the photo opportunities, he is handsome.

blacksafake and Frank Facer like this.