What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 Vs the Warriors

betcats

Referee
I can't remember any misses from him leading to tries. So how is he killing our 1st grade team? He like Tamou, Merrin, Moylan before the Broncs game are down on form that is why we sit where we do. No one player.

Peachey's problem is he can play in most positions so is the perfect utility. Given the coach likes to carry a back on the bench one 2nd rower in JFH can't get through a game without injury. Another in Cartwright is playing 5/8th. Having that back play backrow too is a must.

When Mansour is back and JFH is fit. I imagine the team make up will change that might include Peachey back as centre

He is not killing our FG side but he has missed a couple tackles that led to tries, he missed one on someone on the w.e. I think it was the sharks game they scored at least two tries through Whare or maybe it was Souths. His defence isn't there, whether it comes back remains to be seen but atm its not there and when you factor in what else he brings he is closer to a liability than an asset atm.

franklin2323

Immortal
He is not killing our FG side but he has missed a couple tackles that led to tries, he missed one on someone on the w.e. I think it was the sharks game they scored at least two tries through Whare or maybe it was Souths. His defence isn't there, whether it comes back remains to be seen but atm its not there and when you factor in what else he brings he is closer to a liability than an asset atm.

Never said he wasn't playinig bad. More so he isn't alone in playing bad there is plenty in the side also. After the bye when Mansour is back a decison will be made who goes out then. Bearing in mind Mansour is coming back from the same injury so may struggle just as much

betcats

Referee
Never said he wasn't playinig bad. More so he isn't alone in playing bad there is plenty in the side also. After the bye when Mansour is back a decison will be made who goes out then. Bearing in mind Mansour is coming back from the same injury so may struggle just as much

Oh he isn't the only one but in this case we have someone we know will perform a lot better in Peachey. We are invested in Whare long term so we have to consider that but I don't think some reserve grade will hurt him. Play him on the wing a bit see if he can get better in that position also.

franklin2323

Immortal
Warriors second try he came in on RTS leaving Dallin with a 2 on 1 and a shitliad of field to cover. Poor decision by him... but it would have been 3 on 2 and probably a try anyway.

Warriors third try he let Ryan Hoffman stroll through him.

Warriors 4th try he stood back not pressuring Foran for his grubber.

Only the 3rd try was a terrible miss from him. The others were hard to make a decision on. But prime Whare was stopping those 90% of the time.

Right centre has conceded 16 tries this season. Left centre has conceded 5. Both wings have conceded 25 each.

You do realise we had 12 marking 13 for their 2nd and 3rd try? So they should always go around.

The kick. There was 3 outside Foran we had Whare and DWZ

I fail to see how any other centre option would of stopped those tries either

franklin2323

Immortal
Oh he isn't the only one but in this case we have someone we know will perform a lot better in Peachey. We are invested in Whare long term so we have to consider that but I don't think some reserve grade will hurt him. Play him on the wing a bit see if he can get better in that position also.

Peachey got owned a few times this year too. Hiku centre/wing bench Whare even has played wing/Centre. I guess it just trying a few guys in different roles until we find what fits best

mxlegend99

Referee
You do realise we had 12 marking 13 for their 2nd and 3rd try? So they should always go around.

The kick. There was 3 outside Foran we had Whare and DWZ

I fail to see how any other centre option would of stopped those tries either
We had our full right hand side defence available. Blake was missing from the left. Yet it remained solid. Whare was in a position to stop those tries and didn't. Its not a one off situation either. He dropped off Hoffman and he scored.

Nrl has the stats for where tries are scored and conceded. Right centre is exploited far more than left centre.

Our left centres have been Peachey and now Blake. Our right centre was Blake for a game and a bit. Then Whare.

Whare is a shadow of his 2014 self. Tyrone Peachey is better in every area of the game right now. I dont care if he has utility value on the bench. He's more valuable to the team as a centre than Whare is.

mxlegend99

Referee
Btw if Whare were to ever become the rock solid defender that sets his winger up again. I agree Peachey would be better off on the bench. But while Dean Whare is this out of forn its crazy to have him ahead of our most dynamic and destructive ball runner.

Peachey can bust tackles and make a break from anywhere on the field at any time in the game. On the bench he cant do shit. Corey Harawira-Naera covers the backs and forwards. So he doesnt need to be there for that either.

OldPanther

Coach
We had our full right hand side defence available. Blake was missing from the left. Yet it remained solid. Whare was in a position to stop those tries and didn't. Its not a one off situation either. He dropped off Hoffman and he scored.

Nrl has the stats for where tries are scored and conceded. Right centre is exploited far more than left centre.

Our left centres have been Peachey and now Blake. Our right centre was Blake for a game and a bit. Then Whare.

Whare is a shadow of his 2014 self. Tyrone Peachey is better in every area of the game right now. I dont care if he has utility value on the bench. He's more valuable to the team as a centre than Whare is.

I don't have the stats but in commentary earlier in the year they said Peachy's side had let in a lot less points than the other side. Just something to consider.

OldPanther

Coach
Btw if Whare were to ever become the rock solid defender that sets his winger up again. I agree Peachey would be better off on the bench. But while Dean Whare is this out of forn its crazy to have him ahead of our most dynamic and destructive ball runner.

Peachey can bust tackles and make a break from anywhere on the field at any time in the game. On the bench he cant do shit. Corey Harawira-Naera covers the backs and forwards. So he doesnt need to be there for that either.

Peachy being as good as he is makes it seem like a waste locked in on one side as centre. Maybe that's the thinking from Griffin?

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't have the stats but in commentary earlier in the year they said Peachy's side had let in a lot less points than the other side. Just something to consider.
The NRL site has stats for this:
20170516_190130.png

Tackle stats also:

20170516_190024.png

20170516_190042.png

The club stats give you quiet a variety of infornation on where tries are scored/conceded. When and so on.

OldPanther

Coach

mxlegend99

Referee
The best part of Peach on the bench is Hiku not being on the bench
Yeah but instead Hiku is getting 80 minutes while Peachey gets 35.

In his last 3 games he has only played 116 minutes. Obviously his average metres. Linebreaks. Tries scored etc. Has dropped as a result.

mxlegend99

Referee
110 for 20 missed is a lot better than Whare. Regardless of how we think of hom and his past form it seems Peachy is the easy pick in the position. The question is what happens when Mansour comes back.
Surely Hiku drops for him. But i could see Griffin dropping Blake.

Or maybe Peachey and Hiku back to the bench. Not long til we find out.

TheFrog

Coach
110 for 20 missed is a lot better than Whare. Regardless of how we think of hom and his past form it seems Peachy is the easy pick in the position. The question is what happens when Mansour comes back.
What I would do is Peachey to centre, Hiku to bench and Whare to reserve grade. Hiku is at least having a go. Whare's best game this year was not even for Penrith.

Peachey to be briefed that he must pass the ball to his winger if he wants to stay in the starting side.

OldPanther

Coach
Surely Hiku drops for him. But i could see Griffin dropping Blake.

Or maybe Peachey and Hiku back to the bench. Not long til we find out.

You would expect it to be Hiku based on previous decisions though I like what The Frog suggested. Can't wait for Mansour to be back. Will be good.

What I would do is Peachey to centre, Hiku to bench and Whare to reserve grade. Hiku is at least having a go. Whare's best game this year was not even for Penrith.

Peachey to be briefed that he must pass the ball to his winger if he wants to stay in the starting side.
Hiku on the bench is never the answer. Handy winger/fill in fullback but he offers zero from the bench

franklin2323

Immortal
Peachy being as good as he is makes it seem like a waste locked in on one side as centre. Maybe that's the thinking from Griffin?

This could be it too. Whatever we think here Griffin gets this wrong he is fired...Meanwhile we are bagging the next coach. So he isn't reading this doing to opposite just to piss us off

So there is a plan for Peachey safe to say it worked on the weekend after the bye JFH and Mansour are back. So what the plans are for the rest of the year we will find out. I think we will have someone that can play back on the bench incase Mansour can't handle the 80.