What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10

CyberKev

Staff member
My blues are in strife. Big strife

Long injury list but senior players not putting in

Injury list is long, on paper, but most players on it wouldn't be deemed central to a firing Carlton outfit.

Getting Henderson back will be a boost, but mainly I think Carlton is struggling for midfield depth with Murphy and Carrazzo missing.

meltiger

First Grade
I would agree on Adelaide.

You could have faith in them winning in Melbourne. Not sure West Coast deserve that respect.

On the Hawks, you may scoff but realistically if they (or Lance alone) puts out a performance like Sat, they are tough to play.

I certainly do agree that Collingwood seem to have the smell of Geelong 07 about them though - Window wide open with no one appearing to be quite on that level.

Though, with it looking possible all 4 of the big 4 making the finals, don't underestimate the ability for one of them to mug the pies on any given day ala Carlton Essendon in 99

As for the Pies v Suns. Were Col ahead of them @ halftime? ;-)

Last edited:

CyberKev

Staff member
You could have faith in them winning in Melbourne. Not sure West Coast deserve that respect.

I certainly do agree that Collingwood seem to have the smell of Geelong 07 about them though - Window wide open with no one appearing to be quite on that level.

In fairness though, Adelaide's win against Carlton was its first win in Melbourne in 16 attempts and the Crows were touched-up by the Hawks at the MCG in Round 3. I think we need to see more of West Coast with Josh Kennedy in the line-up, as I think they're missing him a lot.

Yes, I don't want to give the impression that Collingwood are past the post. In all honesty I thought they were better things at this corresponding stage last season. As things stand, however, they offer the best mix of experience (in terms of getting up in big matches) and form.

The references to 2007 are apt, although I think there's less of a gap (or will be by season's end) between the Pies and the other contenders this year, than there was between Geelong and the rest then.

In overall terms, 2007 is probably the weakest season I've seen.

AuckMel

Bench
Bit of credit is due to Bucks. Despite an injury list as long as your arm the team is in great form. The big question is, can it last? I'm not so sure.

hawker

Juniors
Need to start getting some back after the bye as it will be a tough 5 weeks.

For the amount of kids they have in they are doing very well. I guess the only benefit is that none of them seem to be playing every week so they are less likely to fade late in the season