What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 Saturday 19th May v Cowboys @ 1300 Smiles Stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal
Great review bro and I agree with all of your points.

I've watched the game again and gee, at the time, I didn't actually realise what an effort it was for us to get down there in that last set. We really gave it our all and you could just see that the boys weren't prepared to go down, it's good stuff.
Thanks mate. I put a lot of effort into that!

Geeeoooorrrgggieeeee

Cooookkkkiiiieeeeee

thebrow

Juniors
Couldn't agree more mate, that was a brilliant play from Cody!! I thought we were gone after the Cowboys forced that repeat set but then Cody came in with that piece of brilliance!!

Where was that brilliance with 5 to go and it locked at 18 a piece and the ball went to Cody and he choked ? The guy is rocks and diamonds and loved by fools.

thebrow

Juniors
Anyone count the metres gained by the Cows pack,the week before this appeared to.be a critical stat to an expert I know of?
I always thought the critical stat was points scored?
Open to suggestions!
Cowboys 1225 , Souths 1191

Scoopdog

Juniors
Where was that brilliance with 5 to go and it locked at 18 a piece and the ball went to Cody and he choked ? The guy is rocks and diamonds and loved by fools.
Show me a half who is not rocks or diamonds on any given day?every single playmaker in the nrl has errors in their game.i rate cody the equal of any half in the competition,and i am no fool,my friend!

thebrow

Juniors
Show me a half who is not rocks or diamonds on any given day?every single playmaker in the nrl has errors in their game.i rate cody the equal of any half in the competition,and i am no fool,my friend!
You are if you think Cody is as good as any half in the competition.

thebrow

Juniors
Haha brow, you'll never change, a Cody hater for life!!!

I dont actually hate Cody , I think he is overrated though. He definitely scores tries for us ( diamonds ) but he butchers key moments as well ( rocks ). Some people rate him as an origin standard half which he is a long way off. I'd like to see him utilized as an impact bench player against tiring defenses , he would be a gun , but as an 80 minute crunch moment player I think he has deficiencies.

thebrow

Juniors
And your appraisal of cody comes from where?he is our,linchpin on our left side attack,which currently is the most effective(ie best)in the comp!

If he is so good why are Maloney , Keary , Green all being talked about for number 6 for NSW and Cody isnt.

He is probably 8th-10th best 5/8 in the comp. A good solid player but severely overrated by some , yourself included.

Scoopdog

Juniors
If he is so good why are Maloney , Keary , Green all being talked about for number 6 for NSW and Cody isnt.

He is probably 8th-10th best 5/8 in the comp. A good solid player but severely overrated by some , yourself included.
I will not and do not overrate him.he is essential to souths premiership aspirations.by the end of this season,we will see where he is rated amongst those players you have mentioned.at least you came up with something constructive,not more inflammatory shit

thebrow

Juniors
I will not and do not overrate him.he is essential to souths premiership aspirations.by the end of this season,we will see where he is rated amongst those players you have mentioned.at least you came up with something constructive,not more inflammatory shit

Morgan
Munster
Green
Keary
Widdop
Maloney
Milford
Moylan
Norman

All better than him at their best ( some are in a slump now but have proven to be better in last 1-2 years )

Travitoh

First Grade
Morgan
Munster
Green
Keary
Widdop
Maloney

Cody

Milford
Moylan
Norman

For mine.

It's all a matter of opinion of course but if you're going to compare guys then they all need to be at the same level eg - Best form, current form, average form etc.
To compare Cody's current form to someone like Milford's best is flawed, especially when Milford's best form was back when Cronulla hadn't won a comp. Norman's best form is the same rollercoaster you're slating Cody for and Moylan from what I've seen is poor at 6.

A lot of what you say isn't far from the mark though imo. It's just exaggerated

callmack1

Staff member
I respect you're opinion thebrow but I can't say I agree. Just watch what Cody does, almost everytime he touches the ball, he looks dangerous and he seems to create stuff out of no where sometimes. One of the most dangerous attacking players in the comp for sure.

On another note, sorry I missed this the other day:

Junior Tatola Post-Match Reaction: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/05/21/tatola-good-test-against-world-class-team/

thebrow

Juniors
Mate,whilst you are entitled to your opinion,so am i.only widdop and maloney are on par this year with cody,so if you blew in here to stir shit,blow out and be gone!
Which of those 8 5/8’s leads the NRL in handling errors , I’ll give you the tip , they don’t play for a club not named Souths.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I dont actually hate Cody , I think he is overrated though. He definitely scores tries for us ( diamonds ) but he butchers key moments as well ( rocks ). Some people rate him as an origin standard half which he is a long way off. I'd like to see him utilized as an impact bench player against tiring defenses , he would be a gun , but as an 80 minute crunch moment player I think he has deficiencies.
Bench player wow...... no way at all!

Haven't you watched all he's done on our left?? Take that away and we are much weaker... FACT

For example if you said to me Moylan for 900k or Cody for 600k I'd take Cody every day of the week!

I fate Cody over most 5/8's in the comp. He wouldn't be right at the top but he's up there.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mo
Morgan
Munster
Green
Keary
Widdop
Maloney
Milford
Moylan
Norman

All better than him at their best ( some are in a slump now but have proven to be better in last 1-2 years )
Moylan and Norman??

No way you're kidding yourself.

I'd actually rather Cody over Widdop too!

Green hasn't been as red hot lately til this year. I don't know if he can keep it up! I'd say Cody is on par with Green.

Latest posts