What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 V the Tigers

Fangs

Coach
Like the side. Kikau will play less minutes but be equally if not more effective. Hasn't been as damaging in his last few games so niggling injuries might be playing their part.

No Wallace, not a loss to be honest. He needs to be 100% fit if he is going to help us in 2018.

mxlegend99

Referee
What do you think Ivan would do if someone was grubbing it up getting in Nathans face and injured him?

Must be tough... a coach would normally want his forwards roughing up the other teams 7. But if they did that it could be injuring his son and decreasing his rep chances. But he slso cant exactly tell his guys to take it easy on Nathan.

Be much easier in DWZ/MWZ shoes. They want to go out and put a shot on the other.

tripster

Juniors
What do you think Ivan would do if someone was grubbing it up getting in Nathans face and injured him?

Must be tough... a coach would normally want his forwards roughing up the other teams 7. But if they did that it could be injuring his son and decreasing his rep chances. But he slso cant exactly tell his guys to take it easy on Nathan.

Be much easier in DWZ/MWZ shoes. They want to go out and put a shot on the other.

Definitely tough for Ivan. I imagine he just wouldn’t say anything specific to his players about it. I also say that because we know Ivan is a decent human. If it was someone like Ricky Stuart or Bellamy I have little doubt he’d be telling his players to go and f**k him up - whatever it takes to get the win.

OldPanther

Coach
Definitely tough for Ivan. I imagine he just wouldn’t say anything specific to his players about it. I also say that because we know Ivan is a decent human. If it was someone like Ricky Stuart or Bellamy I have little doubt he’d be telling his players to go and f**k him up - whatever it takes to get the win.

Yeah Ivan seems like the type who target a player and make him defend more to make them tired but not injure someone out of the game.

franklin2323

Immortal
Like the side. Kikau will play less minutes but be equally if not more effective. Hasn't been as damaging in his last few games so niggling injuries might be playing their part.

No Wallace, not a loss to be honest. He needs to be 100% fit if he is going to help us in 2018.

Kikau did his ankle a few weeks back, was in doubt for last week with a hand injury and then was down with his shoulder early in last week's game. So less minutes is good to get him to the bye. It will be good to be able to give the backrow a break they have been epic

OldPanther

Coach
Kikau did his ankle a few weeks back, was in doubt for last week with a hand injury and then was down with his shoulder early in last week's game. So less minutes is good to get him to the bye. It will be good to be able to give the backrow a break they have been epic

To use a footy cliche 110%. Our back row has been nothing short of amazing.

I want that. Keep Maloney fresh and attack away from Peachey's bad defence.

Good point. Will free up our attack a lot more than recent weeks. If Maloney/Peachy side can combine effectively while the other side holds the line we should win pretty easily.

franklin2323

Immortal
To use a footy cliche 110%. Our back row has been nothing short of amazing.

Good point. Will free up our attack a lot more than recent weeks. If Maloney/Peachy side can combine effectively while the other side holds the line we should win pretty easily.

Everything has been on Cleary which is understandable but it will free up Katoa and Maloney. Also will take heaps of energy so will allow Kikau against tiring defence

OldPanther

Coach
Everything has been on Cleary which is understandable but it will free up Katoa and Maloney. Also will take heaps of energy so will allow Kikau against tiring defence

Yeah the Tigers use high energy defence. We saw Eels score 20 points on them late in the game because of it.

Latest posts