What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 Vs Knights

Fish in doubt with a hammy shouldn't play but other than that side won't change too much. CHN should start for him, take your pick who comes off the bench. Hopefully Peach comes off the bench 20 - 25 minute mark rather than the 2nd half.

Hopefully we can continue our performance from the 2nd half last week into a full 80 minute effort this week.

betcats

Referee
I really want to see Waqa continue his form from last week, he has this tendency to try and use his footwork and speed to try and go around people when he should just be trying to run over them. Against the warriors was probably the most ive seen him just run hard into the defence it was noticeable how much he was pushing the line back, once he realises how much damage he can do with his size and strength as well as his speed and footwork he will truly be a beast. He plays both sides too unlike a lot of centres.

betcats

Referee
I like to see a bloke back himself and run over a fullback but not with 2 open teammates inside him haha

Yeah I didn't mean that, I meant more his hitups from the other end, he has this annoying stutter step thing which kills he momentum, at his size just his the defence at speed.

He should've passed or at least dummied but he probably thought RTS was shaping up to intercept/knock the pass down. Waqas ball skills aren't that great, I'd rather a guy hold the ball and go himself rather than force a pass he wasn't sure of.

OldPanther

Coach
I like to see a bloke back himself and run over a fullback but not with 2 open teammates inside him haha

I was at the game and really worried that he'd blown it at first. Glad it worked out in the end.

Newcastle won't be pushovers this week so I hope we don't underestimate them.

MrBlack

Juniors

Maybe he just had the shits with all the other guys not putting in and had no confidence with anyone else. Why should he lay on a try for someone else.....

In saying that though, if he gets takled and we lose the game, I could imaging what all the talk would be about on this forum.

OldPanther

Coach
We either have Blake and Peachey hogging it or Cartwright and a few others pushing passers. a few more inbetween would be nice

This is one of my favourite things about Moylan. He seems to have really good vision to go with his exceptional passing game.

Frankus

Juniors
Any takers on how many points we will score in the first half?

We have scored an average of 2 (yes f**king TWO!) points in our last 4 matches in the first 40 minutes. Boosted by our amazing 6 points against the Warriors.

Over or under our average?

And how many points will we ship? Over or under our 20 point average in the same period?

Panthers coach Anthony Griffin names his 21-man squad to face Newcastle Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium on Sunday. The Panthers will wear the 2017 Away Jersey.

Panthers v Newcastle Knights
2pm Sunday @ McDonald Jones Stadium

1. Matt MOYLAN (c)
2. Peta HIKU
3. Dean WHARE
4. Waqa BLAKE
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Peter WALLACE
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Isaah YEO
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Tyrone PEACHEY
15. Leilani LATU
16. Tim BROWNE
17. Viliame KIKAU
18. Moses LEOTA
19. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
20. Mitch REIN
21. Te Maire MARTIN

Panthers ISP coach Garth Brennan names his side to face Newcastle Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium on Sunday.

ISP Panthers v ISP Knights
11.45am Sunday @ McDonald Jones Stadium

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Ratu TUISESE
3. Michael OLDFIELD
4. Lachlan STEIN
5. Christian CRICHTON
6. Samisoni LANGI
7. Darren NICHOLLS
8. Oliver CLARK
9. Sione KATOA (c)
10. Paea PUA
11. Corey WADDELL
12. Jack HETHERINGTON
13. Kaide ELLIS

14. Cowen EPERE
15. Tyrone MAY
16. Tom EISENHUTH
17. Liam COLEMAN

Panthers NYC coach David Tangata-Toa names his side to face Newcastle Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium on Sunday.

NYC Panthers v NYC Knights
9.45am Sunday @ McDonald Jones Stadium

1. Caleb AEKINS
2. Brian TOO
3. Richie MUNCHOW
4. Sam MARTIN-SAVAGE
5. Daniel BROWN
6. Dean BLORE
7. Jarome LUAI
8. Tevita MAPAPALANGI
9. Wayde EGAN (c)
10. Stefano HALA
11. Reed IZZARD
12. Billy BURNS
13. Liam MARTIN

14. Mitch KENNY
15. Jake BRENNAN
16. Tom SKINNER
17. Vondel WILLIAMS-LIOLEVAVE
18. Mitch REVELL
19. Ray MAROUN
20. Jamon WORMLEATON
21. Ben CARTWRIGHT
22. Mose FEILO
23. Meni LUKE

OldPanther

Coach
I didn't think anything would change. I don't think it will all season to be honest. TMM will play in reserve grade again until he is released eventually.

Should've been unforced changes to the team.

I don't care how good a comeback it was, any team that gives up 28 first half points should have changes made to it.

The man will simply not drop people on form.

OldPanther

Coach
Should've been unforced changes to the team.

I don't care how good a comeback it was, any team that gives up 28 first half points should have changes made to it.

The man will simply not drop people on form.

I'm going to say something unpopular: Without the errors (Panthers one of the worst in the comp) we don't lose 5 in a row. For example the short ball to the second rower has been getting dropped all year yet we saw the result on Saturday. Yeo scored off of it and it's a play we have run all year. As soon as we hold the ball we start winning, so I'm not surprised Griffin is persisting.

Though I will say my prefered team has Moylan 6, Carty 13, Edwards 1.

I'm going to say something unpopular: Without the errors (Panthers one of the worst in the comp) we don't lose 5 in a row. For example the short ball to the second rower has been getting dropped all year yet we saw the result on Saturday. Yeo scored off of it and it's a play we have run all year. As soon as we hold the ball we start winning, so I'm not surprised Griffin is persisting.

Though I will say my prefered team has Moylan 6, Carty 13, Edwards 1.

I get what you're saying but shoulda, coulda, woulda..

All teams make errors and this team in particular always seems to have an excuse. Good teams don't need excuses.

OldPanther

Coach
I get what you're saying but shoulda, coulda, woulda..

All teams make errors and this team in particular always seems to have an excuse. Good teams don't need excuses.

Good teams don't get penalised as much as us and drop the ball as much as us. We absolutely need to fix this first.

I'm not defending Griffin I'm just holding the players to the same accountability and as a team they haven't delivered excluding a few.