What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 Saturday 26th May v Warriors @ Mt Smart Stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal
I've been watching the Jennings try over and over again,undoubtedly one of the best tries I have ever seen.
The speed,timing,positioning & awareness of where your team mate is was incredible as doyen previously mentioned they are playing as a team.
Mr Siebold thankyou for your vision also!
So exciting!!

Galeforce

Bench
I didn't think we'd be this good.

I DID.

Maguire was unlucky that we had injuries last year.......starters the Twins were not 100% early in the season and we lost GI in game 1. I still believe we would have given the premiership a shake last year if we had not lost GI.

Saying that , I do like our new coach's style and whilst I think Madge was unlucky , the decision to replace him appears a great longer term option.

The 2018 premiership rests on having our key players available and fit going into the finals.Madge did not get that last year early and lost the plot mid season ........

CliveC

Juniors
I DID.

Maguire was unlucky that we had injuries last year.......starters the Twins were not 100% early in the season and we lost GI in game 1. I still believe we would have given the premiership a shake last year if we had not lost GI.

Saying that , I do like our new coach's style and whilst I think Madge was unlucky , the decision to replace him appears a great longer term option.

The 2018 premiership rests on having our key players available and fit going into the finals.Madge did not get that last year early and lost the plot mid season ........
Me too! Lol.

Travitoh

First Grade
I DID.

Maguire wasn't unlucky. If anything the injuries may have saved his job.
2016 and 2017 were equally as inept as each other with no signs that the side would buck the trend it had been travelling since mid-2015.

I didn't expect us to perform this well either but it just goes to show the talent that has been at the club over the past few seasons.

doyen

Bench
I've been watching the Jennings try over and over again,undoubtedly one of the best tries I have ever seen.
The speed,timing,positioning & awareness of where your team mate is was incredible as doyen previously mentioned they are playing as a team.
Mr Siebold thankyou for your vision also!

They've done that play a few times now---it is a work of art & fabulous skill!!

JS needs a special rap--I reckon he's in close to best ever form & playing in the posse he should have always been!!

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Just watched the replay and that only emphasised how good the performance was!!

Also changed my mind on Crichton, he was great!

Pommy

Coach
I DID.

Sorry I’m not buying any of that. Maguire made his mess and as far as I could tell totally destroyed the morale of the side to the point where players were just going through the motions. His job was to motivate that squad and he just failed to do it. Holding training when the squad should have been at Clark’s kids christening summed it up perfectly.
GI was poor in 2016 and there’s nothing to suggest he would have been better in 2017.
He couldn’t even pick a f**king hooker we were playing with 2 80 minuets hookers all year, it was shambolic.

ThingFish

Juniors
Sorry I’m not buying any of that. Maguire made his mess and as far as I could tell totally destroyed the morale of the side to the point where players were just going through the motions. His job was to motivate that squad and he just failed to do it. Holding training when the squad should have been at Clark’s kids christening summed it up perfectly.
GI was poor in 2016 and there’s nothing to suggest he would have been better in 2017.
He couldn’t even pick a f**king hooker we were playing with 2 80 minuets hookers all year, it was shambolic.
My brother and I where talking yesterday how the team supporting Cody and traveling to his Mum’s funeral with Seibold’s encouragement, was the exact opposite of Madge denying attendance to Clarke’s kids christening. You can see this team is once again a fighting unit that supports each other. We haven’t had that for the last 2-3 seasons.

CliveC

Juniors
Well said,I have been supporting Souths for a very long time and some of our displays in recent seasons were indicative of players losing their pride in the jersey.The falling crowd attendances were a worry and whats more the loss of sponsorship was hanging over the club.
The right decision was made by the board and good luck Michael see you later has worked to the benefit of the team on and on off the field!