What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs the Dragons

mxlegend99

Referee
Hetherington was charged because it was stupid and unnecessary and it could have caused serious injury. It certsinly wasnt an accident either. Intent doesn't get more obvious.

If someone had done that to Cleary we would be calling for their head. I love his aggression. But he needs to stop trying to hurt people after a tackle is made. Doing it legally with hard hits. Not illegally by being a grub.

OldPanther

Coach
Hetherington was charged because it was stupid and unnecessary and it could have caused serious injury. It certsinly wasnt an accident either. Intent doesn't get more obvious.

If someone had done that to Cleary we would be calling for their head. I love his aggression. But he needs to stop trying to hurt people after a tackle is made. Doing it legally with hard hits. Not illegally by being a grub.

He'll be a gun when he works it out.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
How good was that win...
Gone are the 'cant beat a top 8/4 team' yadda yadda yadda..

4 players walking into Origin, top of the table.

Griffin is a god ;)

OldPanther

Coach
How good was that win...

Griffin is a god ;)

Fun fact:

We went one a winning run in 2016 AND 2017 after I sorted out my memberships. This year I did it beforr the season and we're going well. Maybe I'm the football god!!!

Nah it's a good year and I'd expect no less now that he has his roster. Also good to get such an awesome game for my birthday weekend.

TheFrog

Coach
After looking at footage of it, not just a still, I tend to agree. Someone needs to have a chat with Jack, either Gus or Hook. Point out to him that if he wants to be an NRL player, this sort of thing must disappear from his game immediately. His loading for priors is now 100%.

Kilkenny

Coach
How good was that win...

Griffin is a god ;)

One sunny day doesn't make a summer so while things are travelling along nicely there are some good sides we have to beat in the remainder to the season before we totally dispell the can't beat a top side theory.

As for Griffin being a god, he appears to also doing a good job but I'll reserve my judgement until the end of the season whenever that may be.

OldPanther

Coach
Or Cleary... if we are honest.

I’m starting to think Gould may have been right. :thinking:

I think the Cleary years built into what we have now. Like the foundations of a nice house by the Nepean river where you can walk to games.

Sorry got lost in thought for a second but I'm sure you get the point :grinning:

sparky34

Juniors
PANTHERS V DRAGONS
NAME TEAM VOTES DALLY M
Isaah Yeo Penrith Panthers 3
James Maloney Penrith Panthers 2
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak Penrith Panthers 1

Maloney also leading DMs by 3 points good to see Yeo get a little recognition he is a much underrated player except in this forum.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I think the Cleary years built into what we have now. Like the foundations of a nice house by the Nepean river where you can walk to games.

Sorry got lost in thought for a second but I'm sure you get the point :grinning:

Almost as if Gus had a plan :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

mxlegend99

Referee
After looking at footage of it, not just a still, I tend to agree. Someone needs to have a chat with Jack, either Gus or Hook. Point out to him that if he wants to be an NRL player, this sort of thing must disappear from his game immediately. His loading for priors is now 100%.
Yep. His aggression is f**king awesome. In 3 games he turned me into a massive fan. Along with anyone I watch with.

But being aggressive isnt any good if you're getting suspended for stupid unnecessary incidents.

Katoa had similar form early on. Gus hrlped him get rid of it. No doubt he can do it eiyh Hetherington also.

Maybe not wipe the grub out 100%. But reform him a little.

betcats

Referee
Yep. His aggression is f**king awesome. In 3 games he turned me into a massive fan. Along with anyone I watch with.

But being aggressive isnt any good if you're getting suspended for stupid unnecessary incidents.

Katoa had similar form early on. Gus hrlped him get rid of it. No doubt he can do it eiyh Hetherington also.

Maybe not wipe the grub out 100%. But reform him a little.

He will be told and shown the right things, it’s up to him to take them on. It’s a fine line with forwards because you need the aggression to a certain extent, but it must be controlled. Merrin and RCG are both great examples of aggressive forwards with no shit in their game, jfh seems to be playing a lot more controlled while still being aggressive, he was a little wild when he first came on the scene. Hopefully heathro will get there because I like him more every time I watch him.

It’s a fine pack we have, it took like 3 props getting hurt for Jack to get a run and look at how good he looks(besides the illegal play lol).

forby

Juniors
Maybe Jack deserved to be charged, but, honestly, how the f..k did De Bellin not get charged for his tackle on DWZ?
Oh, I forgot! It's SOO time isn't it!

Latest posts