What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 v Tigers

ALSGI

Bench
Why are we playing our home game at ANZ ? Makes no sense at all. Regardless of the bullshit reason we'd get a bigger crowd at Kogarah or Wollongong imo so it's just stupid giving away a home game advantage and a home game experience for fans. This bullshit needs to stop.

SBD82

Coach
Why are we playing our home game at ANZ ? Makes no sense at all. Regardless of the bullshit reason we'd get a bigger crowd at Kogarah or Wollongong imo so it's just stupid giving away a home game advantage and a home game experience for fans. This bullshit needs to stop.
While I've been loving all of the games at our actual home grounds (KJO and WIN) I couldn't help being upset that it means that we are going to spend most of the back half of the season at anz.

SEAT 1A

Bench
The Mess message has really gotten through hasn't it?

On this topic I hope it has.

This is one area were the clubs management has royally stuffed it up.

Playing some of our home games at ANZ instead of WIN/Kogarah is unacceptable.

The only benefit out of this mess as Life's Good post is that the club is raising revenue however, I think it's here to stay.

ALSGI

Bench
Given that Duges is playing Centre in the next 3 SOO and we need to find a FB for next year, I'd like to see him continue to play at 3 this weekend, and try one of Field, Dufty or Mann in FB depending on wether Widdop is playing. We have a golden opportunity here to trial these guys at FB over the next few weeks against Tigers, Bulldogs and Parra.
This would surely tighten our right side D,
give us an insight into our FB options and add some much needed spark at the back.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Given that Duges is playing Centre in the next 3 SOO and we need to find a FB for next year, I'd like to see him continue to play at 3 this weekend, and try one of Field, Dufty or Mann in FB depending on wether Widdop is playing. We have a golden opportunity here to trial these guys at FB over the next few weeks against Tigers, Bulldogs and Parra.
This would surely tighten our right side D,
give us an insight into our FB options and add some much needed spark at the back.
Can't see Mary doing any of this.Even if he did play Duges at centre he'd most likely still play Nighty at fullback anyway.

FlameThrower

Bench
The Club pockets approx $100k for just showing up. This deal I thought expired next year. It's about cold hard cash and nothing else. The RGRV was smoke and mirrors mixed in with pseudo corporate jargon and Doustspeak.
Priority now is to start to clear this debt, which I thought was part of the whole WIN 50% stake offer which has gone cold.
Pretty complicated or as someone once said 'it's a mess'...

ALSGI

Bench
The Club pockets approx $100k for just showing up. This deal I thought expired next year. It's about cold hard cash and nothing else. The RGRV was smoke and mirrors mixed in with pseudo corporate jargon and Doustspeak.
Priority now is to start to clear this debt, which I thought was part of the whole WIN 50% stake offer which has gone cold.
Pretty complicated or as someone once said 'it's a mess'...
Thanks FlameThrower,
Yes had a bit of a google search on RGRV - what a load of bullshit.
ANZ will be largely empty, and the $100k could adequately be made up with an extra 5,000 fans at Win or Kogarah.
Never mind the loss of home ground advantage.
Just stupid.

Bench
This game should be, based on form, a cakewalk for us. I would like to see Field and/or Dufty on the bench.
If we are in a position where we can't lose the game give one of them a run and see how they go.
They need to have some regular game time before 2018

OzDragon

Coach
Sadly it seems like it's required due in part to the horrid management coupled with poor on field performances over the last few seasons.

Once we get back to being competitive, it should hopefully stop and more games at our actual home grounds.

Latest posts