What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 Vs The Bulldogs

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
I'm sorry but this competition is too unpredictable to just say something like "we won't be successful against teams like Cronulla".

Cronulla got completely dicked by Melbourne in the last regular season game last year, then went on to beat them in the Grand Final just a few weeks later.

Past match ups can be a good indicator of what's to happen, but to the same extent it could be absolutely meaningless.

I'm happy that we got our third straight win.Now let's destroy Canberra next week the Ben Cummins assisted bastards.

mxlegend99

Referee
Apparently not.
15 tackle busts. 1 try assist. 1 linebreak. 231m gained. 7 tackles. 0 missed.

But hes shit because we conceded a try off an error from him... Even though Raiders knocked on into him and the officials chose to ignore their error.

Hes not perfect. But 3 games in at fullback he has proven he has the potential to be our best fullback for years to come.

He has made 25 tackles for 0 missed tackles. He follows the ball at the back better than any of the alternatives. We couldnt ask for a better fullback to compliment our halves.

OldPanther

Coach
15 tackle busts. 1 try assist. 1 linebreak. 231m gained. 7 tackles. 0 missed.

But hes shit because we conceded a try off an error from him... Even though Raiders knocked on into him and the officials chose to ignore their error.

Hes not perfect. But 3 games in at fullback he has proven he has the potential to be our best fullback for years to come.

He has made 25 tackles for 0 missed tackles. He follows the ball at the back better than any of the alternatives. We couldnt ask for a better fullback to compliment our halves.

But why didn't he get 16 tackle busts. 2 try assist. 2 linebreak. 232m gained. 8 tackles. 0 missed? He also gave the ref no other option but to call knock on as he isnt DWZ. Sounds like a fail and he should go back to reserves or play on the wing.

franklin2323

Immortal
But why didn't he get 16 tackle busts. 2 try assist. 2 linebreak. 232m gained. 8 tackles. 0 missed? He also gave the ref no other option but to call knock on as he isnt DWZ. Sounds like a fail and he should go back to reserves or play on the wing.

Where did I say he was a fail? I said right now we can't carry a rookie spine

OldPanther

Coach
Where did I say he was a fail? I said right now we can't carry a rookie spine

I was being over dramatic. Being serious I disagree with what you've said about his errors and age and I have posted the stats to prove he has done the job so far. If he keeps the same standard long term he will be one of the best fullbacks in the game.

As for a young spine, Cleary and Edwards are the only young ones and they can both clearly handle it. They both have shown a maturity that speaks volumes about our development systems and thankfully aren't playing 2 rookie halves like the failed Brookes/Moses thing.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
The proof will be in the pudding when we get worked over when we play a good team. You can't have such inexperience in key positions and do anything in the big games. I have said way back since the Tigers game his hands could be an issue later.

But you were happy with Cartwright at 6, who is also young and inexperienced.

We didn't do much in the big games last year either, so you are right to a point - but that just makes it even more ridiculous that Griffin delayed making the move so that the key players (Moylan at 6, Edwards at 1, Cartwright at 13) could GAIN that experience. We are not going to win this year - we might as well get in the best position to win it next year or the year after. But Griffin f**ked around for god know's what reason and here we are...

So in sum, I have no idea why you are against letting Edwards get that experience now. It makes no sense to me.

franklin2323

Immortal
People disagree with me that the coach is hopeless or Peachey shouldn't be a bench utility. Stats say both those are correct. Big League had a thing on utilities and Peachey's stats are amazing since the change. Still doesn't change people's minds there. Time will tell if these decisions have been good or not

franklin2323

Immortal
But you were happy with Cartwright at 6, who is also young and inexperienced.

We didn't do much in the big games last year either, so you are right to a point - but that just makes it even more ridiculous that Griffin delayed making the move so that the key players (Moylan at 6, Edwards at 1, Cartwright at 13) could GAIN that experience. We are not going to win this year - we might as well get in the best position to win it next year or the year after. But Griffin f**ked around for god know's what reason and here we are...

So in sum, I have no idea why you are against letting Edwards get that experience now. It makes no sense to me.

Did playing on the wing harm RTS or Minichello?

I must of missed where we won the comp with Cartwright at 6. He was a stop gap until we developed a 6. I still think if Moylan was fit the 1st month of the year or even not on SOO duty. When we started our run he would of been 6 before even Cleary got a start

OldPanther

Coach
People disagree with me that the coach is hopeless or Peachey shouldn't be a bench utility. Stats say both those are correct. Big League had a thing on utilities and Peachey's stats are amazing since the change. Still doesn't change people's minds there. Time will tell if these decisions have been good or not

I agreed with having Peachy as the utility. If we are going to carry someone like that on the bench he is the best at it.

What I did argue against is you using Edwards errors as an argument against him when seasoned fullbacks are similar and worse for the same thing.

Without sounding like a fanboy of the club I think our rookies(Cleary/Edwards in particular) have shown that extra something compared to other clubs and will be top tier players with some experience. That can only be gained through being put in those positions now.

betcats

Referee
There would be nothing wrong with Edwards playing on the wing, not wanting a rookie fb is a legit reason especially with Dallin there but at the same time with what Edwards has shown us so far in his young career there is absolutely nothing wrong with playing him at fb. I've got a fair bit of negative things to say bout Griffin but one positive thing I will credit him with is that he is a good judge of talent, not just how good a young guy is but how ready they are, we've brought a lot of kids into the nrl the last two years and none have looked out of place.

OldPanther

Coach
There would be nothing wrong with Edwards playing on the wing, not wanting a rookie fb is a legit reason especially with Dallin there but at the same time with what Edwards has shown us so far in his young career there is absolutely nothing wrong with playing him at fb. I've got a fair bit of negative things to say bout Griffin but one positive thing I will credit him with is that he is a good judge of talent, not just how good a young guy is but how ready they are, we've brought a lot of kids into the nrl the last two years and none have looked out of place.

It's absolutely his strength as a coach.

Pomoz

Bench
It's absolutely his strength as a coach.
Which is why Gus hired him. The strategy is to build a Bronco's like dynasty out of mainly local juniors and to develop them through the club. I think that given the strategy, Griffin makes sense with a proven track record of development. I don't think many would agree that tactics are his strong point. That's why you need more than one coach. If he isn't good at game management get an assistant coach who is.

With Griffin, you get the rough with the smooth and a coach who is in amongst the other average coaches. Coaches of Bellamy's and Bennet's capability are a rare commodity.

OldPanther

Coach
Which is why Gus hired him. The strategy is to build a Bronco's like dynasty out of mainly local juniors and to develop them through the club. I think that given the strategy, Griffin makes sense with a proven track record of development. I don't think many would agree that tactics are his strong point. That's why you need more than one coach. If he isn't good at game management get an assistant coach who is.

With Griffin, you get the rough with the smooth and a coach who is in amongst the other average coaches. Coaches of Bellamy's and Bennet's capability are a rare commodity.

Maybe they could get Freddie in as assistant. I think he'd do ok.

You can't replicate the Broncos advantages. 7 day turn arounds, TPAs ect.

We all know I dont rate Griffin but yeah hes better than Ivan (who did great with Yeo) at backing youth. Although he's had more to pick from.