What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Friday 8th June v Titans @ Cbus Super Stadium

Pommy

Coach
Correct Itsa. Yep you've got that feeling I do. It has that tough feel about it tomorrow.

News in is Cookie has been cleared of a sternum injury and is now travelling with our lads to the Gold Coast.

I've he plays mate you have to start Farah say the first 30-32mins and then bring Cookie on. Don't have him playing more than 45-50mins.

Why play two hookers? Didn’t we learn this lesson last season?

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I just don’t understand why people want us to compromise the side by doing these stupid things.
Some people thing they know what’s best.
Ironically they’re not head coaches but esteemed forum members

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
I still think all four should be rested.
Speaking on Channel Nine after last week's win, Seibold mentioned the way European soccer teams manage their rosters and allow players to miss games to keep them fresh.
He also said Farah had been told he didn't need to play every game in reserve grade and they were happy for him to sit some out to look after his body and not block the path of a young player at Norths.
The great start to the season has earned Souths the right to manage the roster as they see fit and this is a perfect chance.
Give all four the night off, let them fully recuperate and charge their replacements with the responsibility of maintaining the team's high standards.
The reality is, four more wins this season should secure a semi-finals spot and every win after that will be a bonus, clawing extra spots up the ladder.
It's not too early to think about September.

callmack1

Staff member
Speaking on Channel Nine after last week's win, Seibold mentioned the way European soccer teams manage their rosters and allow players to miss games to keep them fresh.
He also said Farah had been told he didn't need to play every game in reserve grade and they were happy for him to sit some out to look after his body and not block the path of a young player at Norths.
The great start to the season has earned Souths the right to manage the roster as they see fit and this is a perfect chance.
Give all four the night off, let them fully recuperate and charge their replacements with the responsibility of maintaining the team's high standards.
The reality is, four more wins this season should secure a semi-finals spot and every win after that will be a bonus, clawing extra spots up the ladder.
Couldn't agree more bro and I'd certainly be resting all four. As Origin always is, that game last night was so physical so the boys will be a bit battered. Let them rest up and re-charge properly for sure!! They all deserve it.

Also, I'm suprised no one has mentioned it but Sam will play his 150th match tomorrow!! What a night for him!

Pommy

Coach

I can’t believe they have named them all to play, the squad proved last week it can be trusted to do what’s needed why not build on that?

JetRider

Juniors
The players will want to backup particularly because it is 150 for Sam. I am sure the Seibold will make the best decision for team and individual.

Should be a great game this weekend I can’t wait. I’ll be away for the weekend up in Forster so will be get to watch the game with the old man at the club. I think we will put 40 on this mob Origin players or not. They have got nothing with they have come up against a strong team. They don’t scare me. Let’s get pumped is the long weekend and we got a Friday night game.

I’m hoping to see the bunnies U13’s play up there on Sunday my mates boy is playing Half for them this year. I’ll give ya a match report if I’m not to hung over to go lol

Pommy

Coach
Inglis and Gagai are out of the update team list.

Cook and Crichton are on the bench.

Stupid decision IMO give the bloke the night off and give the big forwards as many interchanges as possible.

Obviously says a lot about the differences between nsw and QLD though ;)

Rabbits20

Immortal
Inglis and Gagai are out of the update team list.

Cook and Crichton are on the bench.
Well that's the right choice.

We may need Cookie's speed to catch out those tired Titans forwards..... that could be the difference between winning and losing!

I trust our medicos are doing the right thing! If they're good to go no point just resting them and then regretting it if we lost. I wanna win as many games as possible @callmack1 and I now see top 4 at end of season as a quite achievable goal and it gives us that second chance then! Every win is vital and even if we only scrape home tomorrow it's the W's that count!!!

Playing Farah for probably the first 30mins is a good move. If it's really tight then bring Cookie on. If we are up though say 16-6 at the 30min mark and dominating then maybe we can leave Farah there for longer.... it'll be a play it by ear thing no doubt as to when Cookie comes on!!!

callmack1

Staff member
Well that's the right choice.

We may need Cookie's speed to catch out those tired Titans forwards..... that could be the difference between winning and losing!

I trust our medicos are doing the right thing! If they're good to go no point just resting them and then regretting it if we lost. I wanna win as many games as possible @callmack1 and I now see top 4 at end of season as a quite achievable goal and it gives us that second chance then! Every win is vital and even if we only scrape home tomorrow it's the W's that count!!!

Playing Farah for probably the first 30mins is a good move. If it's really tight then bring Cookie on. If we are up though say 16-6 at the 30min mark and dominating then maybe we can leave Farah there for longer.... it'll be a play it by ear thing no doubt as to when Cookie comes on!!!
Yes, how long Cookie plays very much depends on the game situation. If it's close then yes, he'll play more minutes and if not, he may only get around 15-20 minutes which is fine by me.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Should be a great game this weekend I can’t wait. I’ll be away for the weekend up in Forster so will be get to watch the game with the old man at the club. I think we will put 40 on this mob Origin players or not. They have got nothing with they have come up against a strong team. They don’t scare me. Let’s get pumped is the long weekend and we got a Friday night game.

I’m hoping to see the bunnies U13’s play up there on Sunday my mates boy is playing Half for them this year. I’ll give ya a match report if I’m not to hung over to go lol
Stay safe mate lol

Rabbits20

Immortal
Updated 20 Man Squad: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/06/07/20-man-squad-named-for-titans-duel/

Happy to see GI and Gags rested but imo, Cook should be too. He deserves it after that brilliant performance and I'm not a fan of two Hookers. Give Faz the 80.
I think too many Bunnies fans imo from what I've read on many sites are taking is one too lightly and think it'll be a breeze. It may well be but we've had 5 wins in a row and I feel it could be tight. We may need Cook's speed to change the momentum in our favour! I'm a fan of the 2 hookers for his week!

Cookie is a game breaker and bringing another forward in means not as much X factor.

callmack1

Staff member
I think too many Bunnies fans imo from what I've read on many sites are taking is one too lightly and think it'll be a breeze. It may well be but we've had 5 wins in a row and I feel it could be tight. We may need Cook's speed to change the momentum in our favour! I'm a fan of the 2 hookers for his week!

Cookie is a game breaker and bringing another forward in means not as much X factor.
Agreed. I'm not taking this game lightly at all either. I don't take any game lightly.

The Titans are capable if they turn it on.

Pommy

Coach

But we may need forwards who aren’t tired due to one less interchange.

Latest posts