What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 V Dogs

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Agree blacksafake , a real big game from from our red cattle dog , the bloke will be snapping at the Bulldog's heels in this match . Would just loooove Graham to score a try or two and then grab the Dragons emblem and shove it into the faces of the doggies supporters - ala Morris'es style !

Gareth.
Can not wait for graham and klemmer to run at each other.
Also LAM reintroducing himself to Patricia woods.
Bring it on

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth.
Can not wait for graham and klemmer to run at each other.
Also LAM reintroducing himself to Patricia woods.
Bring it on

Yes Sammy this could possibly ignite into another origin style match with both packs out to subdue one another . There's no doubting that our man Graham puts his heart and soul into each match , but this one he could also throw the kitchen sink in as well . He will want to let the Bulldogs hierarchy know that they had made a mistake by allowing him to go and I reckon that being the case he will also spur the rest of the big Dragon pack on to greater efforts - tired or not .

Johnny King

Juniors
Foran's been ruled out of this game. Frawley and Marshall-King as a halves combo doesn't concern me much, however their forwards still look pretty strong. I think the only way we'll lose this game is if we beat ourselves. Unfortunately if that happens it won't be the first time!!

Drag Queen

Bench
Foran's been ruled out of this game. Frawley and Marshall-King as a halves combo doesn't concern me much, however their forwards still look pretty strong. I think the only way we'll lose this game is if we beat ourselves. Unfortunately if that happens it won't be the first time!!
Foran hasn't excited me much this year at all Johnny, way too many errors. Mbye Bmoz, Klemmer and even Hopate seem to be the standout players. Even their young rookies have made their mark. I'm not complacent about this team at all. It'll be interesting to see if Mbye gets an early release to the Tigers come the end of June.

Johnny King

Juniors
Foran hasn't excited me much this year at all Johnny, way too many errors. Mbye Bmoz, Klemmer and even Hopate seem to be the standout players. Even their young rookies have made their mark. I'm not complacent about this team at all. It'll be interesting to see if Mbye gets an early release to the Tigers come the end of June.
Mbye has said today that he'll see out the remainder of this year with the Dogs before heading to Wests. I agree with comment about Forna......he isn't half the player he was at Manly.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The more I think about it the more of this is turning into a danger game. There are several dogs players who have a point to prove and want to show off for any potential Suitor or new club.
Yes I'm talking about Mbye and Woods.
In retrospect James Graham will also want to prove a point, well let's hope so. Also, bringing in Liccha is a direct attempt to repeat his game last year against us.
The danger is also in McGregor wanting the win desperately and will play the injured and fatigued players as he has no trust or faith in any of the reserves.
This game is becoming much tighter then I originally thought.

True_Believer

Juniors
I want the Dragons to win of course however, I think it will be a close game. If our players aren't busted and have had a good rest, we should come away with the win.

I don't know if you follow the players on instagram possm, but there were pictures of Gypsy at seaworld, others out and about and Dufty was over at Ayres Rock. By the looks of it they have had a good break over the last couple of weeks.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Frawley will be ready for a big game, no complacency at all from me for this one, they are a bogey team - remember last year aargh

Gareth67

First Grade
Would not surprise to see Forans name on the pressure release valve list at the end of the season . At this point in time at least he would seem to be yet another bad signing by the doggies . At least with Reynolds and Graham they had plenty of heart , but that has gone out the door . Still expect a very hard match and as Drag Queen has said - I will be most pleased if we can get the competition points .

Drag Queen

Bench
Would not surprise to see Forans name on the pressure release valve list at the end of the season . At this point in time at least he would seem to be yet another bad signing by the doggies . At least with Reynolds and Graham they had plenty of heart , but that has gone out the door . Still expect a very hard match and as Drag Queen has said - I will be most pleased if we can get the competition points .
Imagine how the Eels and Warriors felt Gareth. He's been fairly clear cut about his mental health issues. To attempt suicide was horrendous. Kudos for him talking out about it. He will/or should have his family's support. His father is a very wealthy man. Pretty sure he has financial support. Loving support might be a different story.. And I'm only on my first wine Xx

Gareth67

First Grade
Imagine how the Eels and Warriors felt Gareth. He's been fairly clear cut about his mental health issues. To attempt suicide was horrendous. Kudos for him talking out about it. He will/or should have his family's support. His father is a very wealthy man. Pretty sure he has financial support. Loving support might be a different story.. And I'm only on my first wine Xx

Most unfortunate about the issues the man had to deal with , however I believe he has been unable to rekindle his form of old . Pity as he was certainly a most skilful player .

Belta

Juniors
Drag Queen said;

“Most unfortunate about the issues the man had to deal with , however I believe he has been unable to rekindle his form of old . Pity as he was certainly a most skilful player.”
——————————————————-

In hindsight it probably wasn’t the best suited club for him. A lot of internal pressure and bad publicity on the back off there losses and salary cap dramas. I’d say even the most stable minded player would have found it difficult at the to perform at their best at the doggies.

getsmarty

Immortal
huntb-180425nh23.jpg

GAME DAY

Game day information: Round 14 v Bulldogs
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 6 Jun 2018, 03:06 PM

St George Illawarra Dragons will collide with the Canterbury Bankstown in Round 14 of the NRL Telstra Premiership on Monday, June 11 at ANZ Stadium.

ANZ Stadium, Sydney
Gates:
2:30pmNRL: 4pm Televised: Fox League

TICKETS

Adult

Junior

Concession

Family

Category 1 Reserved

$51

$30.60

$35.70

$102

Category 2 Reserved

$35.70

$15.30

$25.50

$76.50

Blue Zone GA

$20

$10

$15

$40

Opposition Fans Reserved

$35.70

$15.30

$25.50

$76.50

Opposition GA

$20

$10

$15

$40

Alcohol Free GA

$20

$10

$15

$40

General Admission

$20

$10

$15

$40

Restricted View

Allocation exhausted

The Kennel GA

Allocation exhausted

Platinum Flexi GA

Allocation exhausted

Tickets can be purchased via ticketek www.ticketek.com.au

*Surcharges Apply*

RED V MEMBERSHIP

Member access

Red V Members do not have access to this game with their membership as this is an away game.

Red V Members can access discounted pre-purchased tickets in reserved seats and general admission. Please check inside your Red V emails for member ticket offers to view the discount code.

Click here to purchase tickets

MERCHANDISE

Shop and Huts

Open

Close

Dragons Team Store

Leagues Club

CLOSED

CLOSED

Merch Van

Light Tower 3 Outside Gate A/B

2pm

15-mins post-match

Dragons wearing

Alternate Jersey

TRANSPORT

All supporters are encouraged to arrive early to soak in the atmosphere ahead of this traditional Queens Birthday clash. To plan your trip, visit the transport for New South Wales game day event page.

Trains

The closest station to ANZ Stadium is Olympic Park Station.

Trains to Olympic Park depart Lidcombe every 10 minutes until late.

To plan your trip visit the Transport for NSW game day event page here or use the Trip planner.

Buses

Sydney Buses will operate to a regular Sunday timetable.

• Route 525 operates between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park
  • Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park
Please check timetable for last trips departing Sydney Olympic Park.

To plan your trip visit here.

PARKING

Casual parking is available in the precinct however fans are encouraged to take advantage of the direct train services in operation for the event.

You can pre-book parking via:

• Sydney Olympic Park authority: Print your ticket at home by clicking here. Please note: pre-booked parking tickets cannot be booked on the day of the event.
  • Ticketek: Order your tickets by clicking here or calling 132 849. Please note that hese can only be collected from Ticketek agencies.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/06/06/game-day-information-round-14-v-bulldogs/

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons looking to atone for 2017 fade out against Bulldogs
Dragons Den News
r0_0_2370_1874_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

BITTER PILL: Dragons players look on as their 2017 finals hopes were dashed in round 26 last year. Picture: AAP

DRAGONS skipper Gareth Widdop had never tasted a pill so bitter.

Round 26 last season, St George Illawarra seemingly hurtling towards just their second finals appearance in five seasons, the 12th placed Bulldogs the only thing standing in their way.

You only need to look back at the footage of coach Paul McGregor throwing a ballpoint at the floor in disgust to recall how that finished – the Dragons surrendering a 20-14 lead to ultimately go down 26-20.

In reality, it was merely the final nail in their playoffs coffin, completing a slide from third spot in round 13 to ninth at season's end. It was a slide, four wins in their final 12 games, that still puts an asterisk next to their flying start this season in the minds of many.

It's not something Widdop enjoys thinking about but, as they prepare for their rematch with the Dogs on Monday, it's a reality his side had to face up to in the preseason.

“Obviously we all play this game to play finals, we haven't played finals for a while and and we had a great opportunity there to play finals,” Widdop said.

“It was certainly disappointing, we should never have been in that position after the way we played earlier in the year. In some of those games we played really good football.

"To start the year that way and fall off, then get to a game where we had an opportunity… it was just disappointing the way we played more than anything.

“One game to get in the finals and we just didn't play as a team, we didn't give everything we had and that's probably most disappointing.”

The Bulldogs have proven something of a perennial tormentor of the Dragons in recent years, having handed them a golden-point defeat in their only post-season appearance in the past five seasons in 2015.

Widdop sent the match to golden point with two clutch long range goals before putting an attempted 40-20 out on the full in the first period of extra time.

It's a moment he'd like to have over again, but he insists those two results won't be driving him on Monday.

“Each and every year's a new team team so, for me as an individual, no,” he said when asked if he had any added motivation.

“I obviously remember it. It was a tough game, I went for a 40-20 and put it out on the full then Josh Reynolds kicked the field goal.

“That's the way it goes, it was really disappointing at the time but it was great to be playing finals football again.

“[This week's] just another game where I need to go out there and do my job for the team and not think about what's happened in the past.”

The match may not hold any added significance for Widdop, but winger Nene Macdonald made no secret of his desire for revenge.

“I'm not sure about the other boys but, personally, I'm pretty excited to play against them this week,” Macdonald said.

“It was pretty upsetting last year. I love playing finals footy and I've only had one or two chances to do that and we let that one slip.

“I think we'll have a few thoughts about it and what happened last year before the game.

“They played well against us last year to knock us out of the finals so I can't wait to get back out there against them.”

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...e-for-2017-fade-out-against-bulldogs/?cs=3713

getsmarty

Immortal
preview-pic_r14_bulldogs-v-dragons.jpg

MATCH PREVIEW

Bulldogs v Dragons: Dogs lose Foran as Red V sweat on Origin stars
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Tue 5 Jun 2018, 04:05 PM

They have opposite records and sit at different ends of the NRL ladder, but clashes between the Bulldogs and Dragons are usually fiery affairs regardless of how they are progressing through the season.

The Doggies are virtually out of finals contention with a 3-9 record, while the Dragons are in much better shape at 9-3. Both teams are last-start losers, with Canterbury going down to the Tigers in yet another game they were winning and the Dragons walloped 28-2 by the Panthers.

It's a nothing-to-lose game for the Dogs but it's nothing of the sort for their opponents, who have shown signs of slippage over the past few weeks. Add that to the fact they have four players backing up from Origin duty and the Dragons are definitely vulnerable against a side that traditionally has given them a hard time.

Strange as it may seem, this Monday night encounter could go either way.

Key match-up: Snubbed for the Origin series opener, Bulldogs prop Aaron Woods might be a bit more fired up than usual against Paul Vaughan – the man who effectively took his spot in the NSW side. Woods almost certainly won't be with the Dogs next year (possibly not even all of this season) and should make every post a winner in what little time he has left with the club.

For the Bulldogs to win: Woods, fellow prop Dave Klemmer and hard-nosed back-rower Josh Jackson have to set an aggressive tone and demand that their younger teammates follow their lead. But more than anything, the Bulldogs must stop squandering handy scoring opportunities and start putting some tries on the board.

For the Dragons to win: There's every chance Ben Hunt (cork) will be rested even if he gets through Origin unscathed, which means coach Paul McGregor would need a stop-gap halfback. The Dragons have looked a little tired in recent weeks and need to re-focus on the processes that earned them eight wins in their first 10 games.

Bulldogs stat attack: The Bulldogs will have a big task on their hands in round 14 coming up against the high-flying Dragons. At this stage the only thing the Dogs have over the Red V is their record of winning 11 of their last 12 games against them.

Dragons stat attack: Ben Hunt debuted in round 15 for the Broncos in the 2009 season. With a five-day turnaround from Origin, the halfback is set to play his 200th first-grade game as the Dragons take on the Bulldogs.

And another thing: There's probably people around the Wollongong suburb of Dapto who remember a footballing larrikin nicknamed 'Mary' who liked a beer and a laugh with his mates. They probably thought he'd never make it in the big time, but Paul 'Mary' McGregor brings up his 100th game as coach on Monday and has proven himself as a fine leader of men.

342 match-eqio->488 match-eqio->628 match-eqio->736" data-eqio-prefix="match" data-eqio-sizes="["<186>342", ">488", "<627>628", ">736", ">920"]">
Match: Bulldogs vs Dragons

4:00pm

Home Team

Bulldogs

15th Position

Away Team

Dragons

2nd Position

Venue: ANZ Stadium

Match broadcasters:

• Fox League
  • LIVE PASS
Buy Tickets
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v St George Illawarra Dragons, Monday 4pm at ANZ Stadium

Bulldogs: 1 Moses Mbye, 2 Brett Morris, 3 John Olive, 4 Will Hopoate, 5 Marcelo Montoya, 6 Jeremy Marshall-King, 7 Matt Frawley, 8 Aaron Woods, 9 Michael Lichaa, 10 David Klemmer, 11 Josh Jackson (c), 12 Raymond Faitala-Mariner, 13 Adam Elliott

Interchange: 14 Rhyse Martin, 15 Kerrod Holland, 16 Renouf Toomaga, 17 Aiden Tolman

Reserves: 19 Reimis Smith, 20 Clay Priest, 21 Greg Eastwood, 23 Lachlan Lewis

Kieran Foran is out with a torn toe ligament, with Michael Lichaa recalled at hooker and Jeremy Marshall-King moving to five-eighth. David Klemmer has been named to back up from Origin and start at prop which pushes Adam Elliott to lock and Rhyse Martin to the bench. Aiden Tolman (ankle) returns from injury on the bench in place of Clay Priest.

Dragons: 1 Matt Dufty, 2 Nene Macdonald, 3 Euan Aitken, 4 Tim Lafai, 5 Jason Nightingale, 6 Gareth Widdop (c), 7 Ben Hunt, 8 James Graham, 9 Cameron McInnes, 10 Paul Vaughan, 11 Tyson Frizell, 12 Tariq Sims, 13 Jack De Belin

Interchange: 14 Jeremy Latimore, 15 Kurt Mann, 16 Leeson Ah Mau, 17 Blake Lawrie

Reserves: 18 Patrick Herbert, 19 Jacob Host, 20 Reece Robson, 21 Luciano Leilua, 22 Hame Sele, 23 Darren Nicholls

The Dragons have named an unchanged team from the one that lost to Penrith in round 12, with Ben Hunt, Tyson Frizell, Jack De Belin and Paul Vaughan all named to back up from Origin.

Head-to-head: Played 34; Bulldogs 23 wins, Dragons 11 wins
Matches at venue: Played 19; Bulldogs 13 wins, Dragons 6 wins
2017 result: Bulldogs won 16-2 at ANZ Stadium in round 14; Bulldogs won 26-20 at ANZ Stadium in round 26
Points per game: Bulldogs 15.3;Dragons 25.1
Points conceded per game: Bulldogs 19.8; Dragons 16
Televised: Live on Fox League

Steve Turner's prediction: The Dragons will be hoping all their Origin players come through injury free because they have been an enormous part of their early season success. It's going to be a testing period for Paul McGregor's men who have set the bar so high to date. The Bulldogs have won 11 of their past 12 matches against the Dragons and that's good enough for to suggest they will make it win number 12.

Tip: Bulldogs by 6

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/07...st-george-illawarra-dragons-round-14-preview/