What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Raiders

franklin2323

Immortal
We can cover the 4 Origin guys no problem...It is the 6 or 7 other guys being out that is the problem. Hopefully one half and Peachey plays atleast given Blake is out still

MrBlack

Juniors
Cant see Peachey and RCG not backing up. They both wont play 80 in the SOO.

Cleary is young and fit and coming off a long injury rest so should be ok you would think.

Maloney maybe due a rest. Could be time Tyrone May came back to first grade.

Sime_11

Juniors
Peach will def play Friday - RCG maybe just depends on how many minutes he gets. I wouldn't be against Maloney having a break - would we see Peach at 6 or in the centre's?

would love to see T.May at 6.

I just hope that we've used the bye as a good break/prep week and we don't play sloppy on Friday night. should be a good game and we should get the raiders - but fully expect the raiders to have their best game of the year this week.

franklin2323

Immortal
Cant see Peachey and RCG not backing up. They both wont play 80 in the SOO.

Cleary is young and fit and coming off a long injury rest so should be ok you would think.

Maloney maybe due a rest. Could be time Tyrone May came back to first grade.

Depends how bashed up they get. Also any HIA means no game for 5 days. I guess we will have some idea after the game

franklin2323

Immortal
Peach will def play Friday - RCG maybe just depends on how many minutes he gets. I wouldn't be against Maloney having a break - would we see Peach at 6 or in the centre's?

would love to see T.May at 6.

I just hope that we've used the bye as a good break/prep week and we don't play sloppy on Friday night. should be a good game and we should get the raiders - but fully expect the raiders to have their best game of the year this week.

May would be 6 you'd think if not bench to cover the guys

Just went through to see how often Maloney has backed up after Origin

Game 1 into Bye
Game 2 into Sunday vs Manly - Backed Up
Game 3 into Saturday vs Titans - Rested

Game 1 into Monday vs Bulldogs - Backed Up
Game 2 into Saturday vs Warriors - Backed Up
Game 3 into Monday vs Roosters - Backed Up

2013 (Obviously younger then)
Game 1 into Friday vs Eels - Backed Up
Game 2 into Monday vs Manly - Rested
Game 3 into Saturday vs Sharks - Backed Up

So out of 8 games he could have played post Origin, he has backed up in 6 of them, with 3 Monday games, 3 Saturday, 1 Sunday and 1 Friday.

This year may be obviously different as we are a new club.

TheFrog

Coach
Noticed this on the NRL Casualty Ward page:

Penrith skipper Peter Wallace has been ruled out indefinitely with a tendon issue in his shoulder. Wallace has missed the Panthers' past two clashes but was hopeful of a return following the side's bye. The veteran rake but will now be nursed through the remainder of the year with no return date in sight.

Could this be the tap on the shoulder that some here have spoken of?

Penrith skipper Peter Wallace has been ruled out indefinitely with a tendon issue in his shoulder. Wallace has missed the Panthers' past two clashes but was hopeful of a return following the side's bye. The veteran rake but will now be nursed through the remainder of the year with no return date in sight.

Wow. Surely. I read he was a certainty. It is an absolute must that Maloney backs up for mine now. Wallace was the experience holding our spine together so we need Maloney there now.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2018/06/05/injury-update-peter-wallace/

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I think old father time is tapping him on the shoulder.

Yep, time to stick a fork in him. Brave guy but the club needs to move on, can’t see us winning the premiership if we don’t have quick service out of dummy half.

OldPanther

Coach

Another injury? I wouldn't be surprised if it is the call to step down and just take the pay for his last year.