What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs the Raiders

betcats

Referee
Yep it took until the 78th min before we did something different. Croker and Cotric can't defend yet we kept going left. BJ just kept lining Moylan up as it was so predictable. It will come hopefully sooner then later

We hit CHN with short balls all the time, Cleary almost put him through the same way about 20 minutes before 'we did something different' in the 78th minute.

Mate if you are trying to insinuate we would be as good or better with Carty at 6 and Moylan 1 just stop, the entire forum will laugh you out of the room.

OldPanther

Coach
We hit CHN with short balls all the time, Cleary almost put him through the same way about 20 minutes before 'we did something different' in the 78th minute.

Mate if you are trying to insinuate we would be as good or better with Carty at 6 and Moylan one just stop, the entire forum will laugh you out of the room.

It's also not like we want Cartwright dropped. He's still wanted in the team by fans just not at 5/8

franklin2323

Immortal
We hit CHN with short balls all the time, Cleary almost put him through the same way about 20 minutes before we did something different in the 78th minute.

Mate if you are trying to insinuate we would be as good or better with Carty at 6 and Moylan one just stop, the entire forum will laugh you out of the room.

Carty had some great moments in the 6. He isn't as bad as some say. one game the Parra game at home last year he was as dominant as Moylan was on the weekend

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
It's bizarre how Cartwright went from being an enviable talent to being a laughingstock among opposition fans while playing at 6, despite putting up decent stats.

I think the problem is that he is capable of amazing, dominant plays, but he is just as capable of bone-headed silly plays or basic errors. The trouble is that better sides can prevent him from dominating, but I'm not sure Bryce is as capable of cutting down on the stupid shit - and having him at 6 put added pressure on him, and exacerbated his error-prone ways in a high profile position.

He needs time at 13 and clear instructions about how to harness his immense talent in a more efficient, effective way.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
It was 4 tries all. Canberra dropped the ball over the line for 2 others that is what I meant about we should of lost. Every stat backed that up

Maybe we should have lost but we didn't. Why not? Because one of our halves took control of the game and did what was necessary. The best halves in the game want the ball in those pressure moments and bring about a result.

Pomoz

Bench
Yep it took until the 78th min before we did something different. Croker and Cotric can't defend yet we kept going left. BJ just kept lining Moylan up as it was so predictable. It will come hopefully sooner then later
That was my earlier point about game management. We don't read the flow of the game very well at all. We just kept plugging away with a ball to Yeo, who managed to keep hold of the ball. Soon as we changed our play to up the middle, boom, yards and tries were had. I hope Cleary and Moylan improve on that as they play together more. Thurston can smell where the weaknesses are, but he got better over time with experience.

We need more variation and also a back rower who can do more than just hit a hole. Come on down Bryce.

betcats

Referee
Carty had some great moments in the 6. He isn't as bad as some say. one game the Parra game at home last year he was as dominant as Moylan was on the weekend

He did have some brilliant moments, he is a supremely talented kid he could probably have great moments playing any position if we put him there for half a season.

Mitch Moses has had games as dominant as Moylan was on the we, more even but I bet every team in the comp would rather Moylan in their 6 jersey over Moses.

OldPanther

Coach
He did have some brilliant moments, he is a supremely talented kid he could probably have great moments playing any position if we put him there for half a season.

Mitch Moses has had games as dominant as Moylan was on the we, more even but I bet every team in the comp would rather Moylan in their 6 jersey over Moses.

Well there's a reason Moylan is being groomed for the future of NSW and Moses isn't.

franklin2323

Immortal

This was the thing with Bryce at 6 what other options did we have. Hiku, Whare and Will Smith were out? TMM injured Seg and Soward gone also. so we had no options to ensure we moved Moylan. JFH was going well so it isn't like we left the forwards weaker. We had the best attack still so was hardly the shocking decison some make out to be

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
That was my earlier point about game management. We don't read the flow of the game very well at all. We just kept plugging away with a ball to Yeo, who managed to keep hold of the ball. Soon as we changed our play to up the middle, boom, yards and tries were had. I hope Cleary and Moylan improve on that as they play together more. Thurston can smell where the weaknesses are, but he got better over time with experience.

We need more variation and also a back rower who can do more than just hit a hole. Come on down Bryce.

It was always going to be an issue with such inexperienced playmakers. atleast they listened to the game plan in the end. Brandy and Gus make these game plans up from years of experience. I'd rather we follow them and lose then not use them at all

OldPanther

Coach
It was always going to be an issue with such inexperienced playmakers. atleast they listened to the game plan in the end. Brandy and Gus make these game plans up from years of experience. I'd rather we follow them and lose then not use them at all

Definitely. Moylan said in the presser that they went off it so I wonder why. Is it the inexperience that you mentioned? I think they might be prone to impatience which will hopefully improve.

franklin2323

Immortal
Definitely. Moylan said in the presser that they went off it so I wonder why. Is it the inexperience that you mentioned? I think they might be prone to impatience which will hopefully improve.

Edwards was NYC last year. 4 FG Games. 10 or so NSW Cup games
Cleary had 1 NSW Cup game. Still NYC eligible
Moylan last played 6 in 2012
Rein 2nd game with us

Then look at who is missing. TMM has 10 games
Bryce depends who you as is a backrower who can play 6.

NYC halves can do what they want. Pet moves work whereas in NRL every move is watched coaches and players know what is coming their way. Time should fix it with our side until then we need to follow the game plan

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm talking about BJs one where the bomb WENT TO MOYLAN, but you were trying to pin the blame on Edwards ("when was the last time we conceded 3 tries off bombs...?"). Walk me through that one again....
Yep...hes blind.

Edwards only conceded one try from a bomb and Wighton hit the ball before Edwards did but the referee and video referee decided to say he knocked it back and rip us off a try.

It was a double knock on off WIghton first.

The other try from a bomb was to Moylan who didnt even contest it.

I cant believe how badly people try to twist facts when they are clearly wrong. Edwards broke 15 tackles... has Moylan ever done that? I doubt anyone other than Mansour has for us.

Moylan with 3 line break assists. 2 try assists and coming up with the plays when we needed them most. No other half at this club could have done that and very few if any would have done it in the entire competition.

Moylan, Cleary and Edwards showed signs of having a Slater, Cronk and Smith understanding of each other. 2 games as our spine and they had a magical try to get us within 2 points.