What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Roosters

Kilkenny

Coach
Lot easier to rest players when you have a fully fit roster.

For the most part the other top sides on the ladder have few if any serious injuries to speak off.

No one likes to make excuses but it is bloody hard to win games when you are missing half your top 17 especially when playing against one of your main rivals who are at full strength.

The harsh reality is, it is going to be extremely tough to make the top four from here and sadly the injuries and now representative season is taking a heavy toll on us.

OldPanther

Coach
Lot easier to rest players when you have a fully fit roster.

For the most part the other top sides on the ladder have few if any serious injuries to speak off.

No one likes to make excuses but it is bloody hard to win games when you are missing half your top 17 especially when playing against one of your main rivals who are at full strength.

The harsh reality is, it is going to be extremely tough to make the top four from here and sadly the injuries and now representative season is taking a heavy toll on us.

This is exactly the reason you rest what players you can. It will help the end of season run we'll have to go on.

Kilkenny

Coach
This is exactly the reason you rest what players you can. It will help the end of season run we'll have to go on.

Had we of rested Maloney & Cleary against the Raiders we lose that game and I doubt very much whether it would have had an impact on the Roosters game.

We lose against the Raiders & Roosters we would already be out the top 4 in 5th position.

If we were in the luxurious position the Bunnies & Dragons were in with no injuries at all you can afford to rest players. When you have at least six of your top team missing thru injury you cannot afford to rest two or more of your rep players.

We cannot afford to be thinking about what we will or won't do come August / September as given where we now finishing in the top four is looking increasingly more difficult particularly given those above us and even below us are in a much stronger position with there rosters.

It is great we may be getting a few players back in the weeks ahead but doesn't make much difference is we continue to lose players at the same time.

franklin2323

Immortal
Had we of rested Maloney & Cleary against the Raiders we lose that game and I doubt very much whether it would have had an impact on the Roosters game.

We lose against the Raiders & Roosters we would already be out the top 4 in 5th position.

If we were in the luxurious position the Bunnies & Dragons were in with no injuries at all you can afford to rest players. When you have at least six of your top team missing thru injury you cannot afford to rest two or more of your rep players.

We cannot afford to be thinking about what we will or won't do come August / September as given where we now finishing in the top four is looking increasingly more difficult particularly given those above us and even below us are in a much stronger position with there rosters.

It is great we may be getting a few players back in the weeks ahead but doesn't make much difference is we continue to lose players at the same time.

This is my thoughts. Yes we need to rest guys but there is 4 points between 1st and 6th. So number 1 is ticking the wins over and having short weeks at training

OldPanther

Coach

This is my thoughts. Yes we need to rest guys but there is 4 points between 1st and 6th. So number 1 is ticking the wins over and having short weeks at training

I can see the merrits in both sides. I think we are on a knifes edge right now.

Latest posts