What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 Game vs Newcastle

Dugan and Packer were inspirational today (so was Frizz but he's not leaving) and anyone who thinks they are not putting everything they have into the game is fooling themselves and just being hateful.
The commitment and effort in putting their bodies on the line shows them as great club men and true professionals whilst ever they wear our great jersey.
Totally
Dugan's potential resigning in particular was handled very poorly by Millward.
Announcing a season in advance that he was ear marked to play centre was a monumental faux pas.
Sign him and let the coach worry about team selection and what position Dugan is going to play.
As for Packer, I am not sure about how that negotiation was handled but of all the players in our squad over the last few years, he was one that the dragons bent over backwards to support.
They signed him after a massive battle to avoid deportation because of his history.
Vouched for him and underwrote his whole re-introduction into the game.
I would have thought that this was worth some loyalty and preference to the Dragon's offer in the face of competing offers from other clubs.
I fell that Millward was over confident about retaining him.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
Totally
Dugan's potential resigning in particular was handled very poorly by Millward.
Announcing a season in advance that he was ear marked to play centre was a monumental faux pas.
Sign him and let the coach worry about team selection and what position Dugan is going to play.
As for Packer, I am not sure about how that negotiation was handled but of all the players in our squad over the last few years, he was one that the dragons bent over backwards to support.
They signed him after a massive battle to avoid deportation because of his history.
Vouched for him and underwrote his whole re-introduction into the game.
I would have thought that this was worth some loyalty and preference to the Dragon's offer in the face of competing offers from other clubs.
I fell that Millward was over confident about retaining him.

I thought the exact same thing with ref to Packer, almost took it for granted that he would re sign....but that zero excuse for Millward. As a professional you can not do that and his job was to get it done. I guess he was too busy making commentry and playing mind games to do what most people think, should have been done months and MONTHS ago.

Crush

Coach
Crush Im glad you were happy with the the game , Im glad we got the 2 points , but mate we are really struggling at the moment and Mary is happy with the come back . We should never have been in that situation after leading . Listen to the conference again he even said when we go forward our halves play well . Sorry but McCrone has to go .How can Mary keep defending him, yea he tries hard but is not up to it . Need changes ..... Anyway hope your BBQ went well , I nearly choked on mine in the first half ....
No arguments from me regarding McCrone, I can't believe he is still there either!

SEAT 1A

Bench
What a strange game. A great start, then no so great and a great second half.

The 7 set started the rot however, going for all out attack could have put the game to rest before half time or play safe.

Second time a try was scored when on attack and Finney's try was a ripper, well done Brownie.

I'll take the lucky two points and look forward to the Titans.

SGMax

Juniors
I said it last week and say it again. We make every team we play look like world beaters when they play us.

Agreed, its because we wait for the attack to come to us....no pressure on the playmakers, we just wait for them to set up their play.
Sick of every team's highlights featuring their games against the Dragons.
They need to defend territory not just the try line.
Under Bennet we always strangled the opposition by starting each set at least 10m further upfield than the last.
Now every set starts inside our 10m.

Dragons only do well when the opposition plays poorly and helps them start in good field position with dropped balls and errors.