What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Eels

getsmarty

Immortal
mcinnesc-18030823.jpg

GAME DAY

Game day information: Round 16
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sat 23 Jun 2018, 01:35 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons will play the Parramatta Eels on Thursday, June 28 at WIN Stadium in Round 16 of the NRL Telstra Premiership.

5:15pm – Gates open
5:30pmNSW Police v QLD Police
7:50pmNRL kick-off

Broadcast by Channel Nine and Fox League

Hashtags: #redv #NRLDragonsEels

GAME DAY ACTIVITIES

You will find all of your favourite Dragons activities around the precinct and on the field:

• 'Be a Player' photo opportunity – channel your inner Dragons player and find out how you would look in the Red V.
  • 'Measure Up' banner – see how you measure up to your favourite Dragons players
  • Visit our McDonalds Hill where there will be a jumping castle, face painters and the Dragons pass the ball board.
  • Visit the activation area on Harbour Street to collect your:
    • Westfund TRY cards and thunder sticks
    • Brydens Lawyers show bag including a stress ball and drink bottle
    • St George Bank 'GO DRAGONS' banners
    • Get up and sing into your Coca-Cola product for your chance to win a $250 EFTPOS gift card thanks to Coca-Cola.
    • Dance your way to a $100 St George Bank EFTPOS card with our St.George Bank fired up dance cam.
      • Local junior league teams will participate in pre-match exhibition matches as part of the St.George Bank Challenge.
      • The best local musicians will be featured at each Wollongong match in our i98FM live and local segment.
      • Performances from the Junior and Senior Flames.
50-50 Charity Raffle

Purchase your ticket in the 50-50 Charity Rafflefor your chance to take home 50 per cent of the overall funds raised.

50 per cent goes to a winner at the game and 50 per cent goes to the match day charity – Illawarra Health and Medical Research Foundation.

Our last winner took home $3,332.You can also buy your ticket before the game by clicking here.

Doubles

Winning doubles monies can be collected outside Steelers Club on Harbour Street up to 20 minutes post-match.

RED V MEMBERSHIP

Member access

The following Red V Memberships include entry to the match:

• Platinum
  • Full Season
  • Heartland
  • Wollongong Upgrade
  • Wollongong Pass
  • Five-game flexi*
  • Three-game flexi*
The following Red V Memberships do not include entry to the match:

• Kogarah Upgrade
  • Kogarah Pass
  • Dragons Faithful
  • Junior Dragon
  • Toddler Dragon
  • Baby Dragon
* If you are a bronze three or five-game flexi member and will be attending this game, please register your attendance by Tuesday, June 26 so we can save you a seat.

Red V Member ticket sales

Red V Members wishing to buy tickets/additional tickets can access a member discount on pre-purchased tickets.

Please check your Red V emails for the code listed under 'CLICK HERE FOR MEMBER TICKET OFFERS AND CODES' to access the discount. The discount expires 11:59pm, June 27 and is not valid on game day or at the gate.

Click here to purchase tickets

Red V Member upgrades at the game:

Members are able to upgrade their tickets at the game by visiting the Ticketmaster box office at the ground on game day and presenting their membership card or ticket with Red V sticker on it.

Prices below are per ticket and pending availability.

Silver to Gold

$10

Bronze to Silver

$10

Bronze to Gold

$20

GA to Bronze

$10

GA to Silver

$20

GA to Gold

$30

Haven't received your 2018 membership card?

Red V Members who have purchased membership with game entitlements after June 4 will be required to pick up a paper ticket for entry to the match.

Please email redv@dragons.com.au by 12pm on Wednesday, June 27 to have your paper ticket pre-printed and ready for collection at the Gate A box office membership window on game day from 4:45pm.

After this time you will need to visit the membership window at the Gate A box office and we will provide you with a paper ticket.

Note: All members who have purchased prior to June 4 should receive their membership card and pack prior to the game. Please see membership staff on game day if you still haven’t received your pack or call us on 1300 DRAGON.

Red V Member enquiries on game day

Should you have a membership enquiry on game day, please see membership staff at one of the following locations:

- Red V Tent outside Gate A: 4:45pm - kick-off

- Red V Tent inside Gate C: 5:15pm - full-time

- Red V Membership ticket window at Gate A: 4:45pm -15 minutes after kick-off

Red V Member discounts on game day:

Show your member card at Dragons merchandise outlets to receive your relevant member discount

Receive up to a five per cent discount at selected food and beverage outlets upon presentation of their membership card. Discount excludes carts and outside vendors.

Platinum and premium members

Collect your Big League magazine with your collection voucher at the Red V membership marquees outside Gate A or inside Gate C.

2018 member wall

Find your name on the 2018 Member Wall on display inside the western concourse.

OTHER INFORMATION

Bringing a banner?

If you are bringing a large flag or banner to the game, please email redv@dragons.com.auwith the dimensions and wording. This will register your banner or flag for the 2018 season and help you avoid unnecessary delays at the entry gates.

Conditions of entry

Please click here to view the conditions of entry to WIN Stadium.

Tickets

Available from Ticketmaster. Pre-purchase your tickets and save: buy online at www.ticketmaster.com.au or call 136 100.

Tickets for this game are not available for sale at the Dragons team store. To buy in person please visit a Ticketmaster box office.

Please note: General admission on the hill may be enforced as a standing area only when capacity is reached.

Click here to buy tickets!

Tickets

Member pre-sale

Pre-sale

Walk up

Gold

$44

$55

$65

Silver (Adult)

$32

$40

$50

Silver (Concession)

$24

$30

$40

Silver (Family)

$76

$95

$110

Bronze (Adult)

$24

$30

$40

Bronze (Concession)

$20

$25

$35

Bronze (Family)

$56

$70

$85

GA (Adult)

$20

$25

$35

GA (Concession)

$16

$20

$25

GA (Family)

$40

$50

$65

GA (Jnr/Child)

$0.00

$0.00

$15

TRANSPORT INFORMATION

Shuttle buses

A free courtesy bus will operate for all regular season matches played at WIN Stadium.

The bus picks up from Wollongong Station and makes its way down Burelli Street to WIN Stadium, Wollongong.

The bus commences one hour prior to NRL kick-off and runs to the train timetable of city rail trains at Wollongong Station.

At the conclusion of the game the bus makes one run to Wollongong Station.

Wollongong's free Gong shuttle bus

Wollongong's free Gong shuttle bus makes it easy to get around Wollongong's City Centre. The service operates between 7am-10pm from Monday to Friday.

Every 10 minutes during peak (7am-9am & 3pm-6pm) and every 20 minutes off-peak

The weekend service will operate every 20 minutes between 8am and 6pm

Own transport and parking:

There are approximately 1,200 parking spaces located within close proximity, and only a few minutes walking distance, from WIN Stadium and WIN Entertainment Centre:

- WIN Stadium car park (opposite the Sage Hotel) - pay and display and parking rates apply

- Stewart Street multi-story

- Stewart Street East - special event parking rates apply

- St Francis Xavier Cathedral

- Woolworths Car Park, Burelli Street

- Market Street

- David Jones Car Park

- Wollongong Central (GPT)

- Crown Central (North and South)

- Wollongong Station Car Park

Pay and display machines operate on a number of on-street and off-street parking spaces in the city centre.

If you require accessible parking at WIN Stadium, Wollongong you must hold a mobility parking scheme sticker to qualify.

Please contact the club no later than COB Monday, June 25 to book an accessible parking space for Round 16.

Please note that we have limited disabled parking at WIN Stadium and that disabled parking will be allocated on a first in best dressed situation.

Further parking is available in surrounding streets for WIN Stadium, Wollongong.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/06/23/game-day-information-round-16/

Dragons22

Juniors
A bit worried about this game to be honest. Not sure who will be playing. I’d say maybe just rest Graham and Widdop, not the Origin players. Parramatta might actually play on Thursday, I hope they don’t though. I’ll also add in the fact that as a head coach, Parramatta is the only team Mary hasn’t beaten. The last time St George beat Parramatta was round 10, 2013; 32-12 at WIN. It has been 6 straight losses so far. I hope that changes! I do feel some confidence and believe the tables will turn.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I would say we would rest LAM, Widdop and Graham for sure.
Sims (definitely) and Vaughan (SOO bench) should be ok.
Doubt over Friz, Hunt and JDB imo.

I believe we can name a 23 man squad on Tuesday, with Herbert getting his chance for the injured Nene. The rest is just conjecture until after the Origin dust settles.

MilanDragon

Juniors
In thinking Vaughan (bench) and Sims Play.

Potentially one of LAM/Graham to sit on the bench, depending how they pull up.

One of Hunt or Widdop has to play. I’m leaning towards Hunt due to travel time and body adjustments. Then Hunt can rest after game 3.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I thought this would be a loss but I read that Manu Mau?? not sure of spelling broke his cheekbone last night so he’ll be a big loss to them. Let’s hope that Hayne puts the same amount of effort in as he did last night.

Manu Ma'u will be a huge loss for them. My guess is Hayne wont play due to "carrying" the Fiji side on his own yesterday, giving every once of skill and power... lol.:grin::airplane_arriving::sleeping:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
It will be a tough game.
Because parra have nothing to loss.
We will have some players missing.
I would think Graham will not play.
Also widdop.
They will only train on the day of the match once.
The team will only train together then.
But all the back up boys such as nicholls , herbert , sele , blocker ect have train last week and will train this week as if they are playing.
Mann has been training at 6 as well.

O'Sullivan

Juniors
Yeah could be a difficult game and I worry about resting blokes in a way, but I get the logic. However the top of the ladder is quite crammed at the moment and three games, even two, could see us just clinging to a place in the top 4. In many ways we can't afford to weaken ourselves against a side that will, more often than not, present 2 points to most other teams. I would feel far more comfortable resting our players if were playing a top side this week.

Crush

Coach
In thinking Vaughan (bench) and Sims Play.

Potentially one of LAM/Graham to sit on the bench, depending how they pull up.

One of Hunt or Widdop has to play. I’m leaning towards Hunt due to travel time and body adjustments. Then Hunt can rest after game 3.
100%.
Can't rest both Widdop and Hunt.
Widdop will be on the budweisers tonight and then on a 15 hour flight so I'd say he's out.
If Hunt pulls up well he should play.
Rest Graham, Frizz, JDB and give the yougsters a crack.
If we lose, so be it. BUT if we win thats a massive confidence boost heading into the back end of the comp.

True_Believer

Juniors
Alarmists playbook for each round:

Mary rests players and we lose – reason: Mary hasn’t prepared the young players enough

Mary doesn’t rest players and we lose – Reason: Should have given the young players a go

Mary rests players and we win – Reason: Mary should have been giving them much more game time earlier

Mary doesn’t rest players and we win – Reason: Was a great opportunity to give the young players a run

Como Connection

First Grade
It will be a tough game.
Because parra have nothing to loss.
We will have some players missing.
I would think Graham will not play.
Also widdop.
They will only train on the day of the match once.
The team will only train together then.
But all the back up boys such as nicholls , herbert , sele , blocker ect have train last week and will train this week as if they are playing.
Mann has been training at 6 as well.
And Mann will do a magnificent job at 6, and probably all kick goals if required.
Beware Widdop!
CC

Gareth67

First Grade
I thought that this could be a problem match as some of the my fellow members have suggested , but I believe that whatever team the Dragons send out on Thursday night , will still be too good for the Eels . Even at this early stage of the season they seem to be waiting for it to come to an end . Dragons by 20 ! :innocent:

Bench
Widdop said on the last post match interview he will play. I think Hunt will be selected also. Those are the two positions that we are week.
Depending on how our forwards go and if fit might get reduced minutes and let the young dragons show us what they can do.
Of course this will be up to super coach.
We need to treat Vaughan, JDB and Tyson with kid gloves so they don't burn out

Crossbow

Juniors
Wow.Id rest everyone on rep duty unless they are keen for the game.Burnout is the main key factor now.We will just see how it all unfolds with Mary but we bank this game and we’re in the semis.We haven’t done that for a while then maybe rest a few guys leading into the semis.But maybe not with Mary
I think I’m starting to get excited.Go you good things.

Latest posts