What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16

AuckMel

Bench
Roos v Blues
Demons v Freo
Port v Bombers
Tigers v Suns
Lions v Saints
Cats v Pies
GWS v Crows
Dogs v Hawks
Eagles v Swans

An interesting round coming up. I suspect a few upsets. North looked good last week, but ran out of puff. I think they can win, but probably won't. Demons v Freo is anyone's game. No confidence tipping this one at all. Port v Bombers will be closer than most expect. Lions v Saints is a toss up. Cats and Pies will be very good and another toss of the coin.

Match of the round sees 1 v 2 in Perth. I personally rate the Eagles much higher than Sydney and won't be surprised if the win this by 4 or more goals.

Tigers, Hawks and Crows will win in a canter.

Blues by 10
Freo by 6
Bombers by 4
Tigers by 48
Lions by 10
Pies by 8
Crows by 110
Hawks by 72
Eagles by 24

RLNY

Juniors
let me see here:
Roos by 10
Freo by 35
Bombers by 18
Tigers by 50
Lions by 6
Crows by 100
Hawks by 61
Eagles by 4

AuckMel

Bench
Roos smashed Carlton who were woeful.

Judd in big trouble. There really has been some spineless acts in the last couple of weeks and that just added to it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
be happy to, so much for any home ground advantage

I guess money talks

shane1970

Juniors
I dont profess to know the rules of this game but I am just watching the Swans -v- Eagles game and a swan bloke absolutely tackled an eagle player beautifully between the waist and the shoulders - bringing him to the ground ! I was saying thats GOTTA be a held ball and the bloody eagles got the penalty for "in the back" - are you NOT allowed to tackle from behind ?
Oh and by the way -these commentators are certainly DEATH RIDING the Swans

BunniesMan

Immortal
Haha mate, every channel 7 commentator dismisses us out of habit. It's like they get paid a bonus everytime they diss us. Today they were genuinely acting like they woke up and just discovered us on top of the ladder.

As for the in the back rule, due to the nature of the game a defender always tries to wrap up the arms, there is a danger that with a big tackle from behind the man with the ball has noway to protect themselves as they fall with their arms pinned and you open yourself to facial injuries/broken noses etc. Tackling from behind isn't completely impossible, you just have to rotate your body as you tackle them so you don't fall on top of them. If you rotate enough so you fall next to them, it'll be allowed most of the time.

And go the Swans, we're on top of the ladder, round 20 v the pies is the minor premiership play off. We're one of the clear top 2 teams. Great chance at getting to a grand final.

sportive cupid

Referee
when are those Melbourne commentators going to concede that the Swans are a top team! Even this morning they said'the Swans are now on top'....now! We were last week!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Visy Judd referred directly to the tribunal- 3-4 weeks will be the sentence. He has a 30% loading and he gets NO bonus for a guilty plea at the hearing

lockyno1

Post Whore
Judd gets 4 weeks for ripping someones shoulder off.....Jack Ziebell gets 4 weeks for attacking the ball, go figure

CyberKev

Staff member
Good to see Juddy finally get his fair whack, given how he's been slapped with the lettuce leaf for some pretty nasty incidents.

Ziebell?

I fail to see how that one is any different from the one where Harbrow (when he was a Bulldog) knocked Jordan Lewis into the year 3000 a couple of season's back? Other than Harlow hit Lewis a hell of a lot harder.

Harbrow wasn't even cited for that one, so I can't fathom why Jack is getting 4 weeks here??!!

Last edited:

shane1970

Juniors
Haha mate, every channel 7 commentator dismisses us out of habit. It's like they get paid a bonus everytime they diss us. Today they were genuinely acting like they woke up and just discovered us on top of the ladder.

As for the in the back rule, due to the nature of the game a defender always tries to wrap up the arms, there is a danger that with a big tackle from behind the man with the ball has noway to protect themselves as they fall with their arms pinned and you open yourself to facial injuries/broken noses etc. Tackling from behind isn't completely impossible, you just have to rotate your body as you tackle them so you don't fall on top of them. If you rotate enough so you fall next to them, it'll be allowed most of the time.

And go the Swans, we're on top of the ladder, round 20 v the pies is the minor premiership play off. We're one of the clear top 2 teams. Great chance at getting to a grand final.
You explained it to a 'tee' for me Bunniesman - thanks - exactly what happened ! Now I understand that rule - thanks again

Latest posts